Man’s World

I personally rank them like this

1. Froot

2. Radioactive

3. Obsessions

4. Man’s World

5. HH

Froot is undoubtedly one her of best songs if not THE best song in her discog

primadonna was the lead for electra heart, radioactive was a promo single.

i love you, but you don't understand me.

1 minute ago, new gods said:

oh I had no idea lol

but yeah that makes more sense cause radioactive isn’t really representative of EH 

1 hour ago, evalionisameme said:

I mean I’d rank the leads as:

Froot 

Primadonna 

Handmade Heaven 

Obessions 

Mans World 

???????????? Ur ranking sucks primadonna better than HH? Mans World the worst?????????? Obsessions???? Guhr

Mmeow~

2 hours ago, evalionisameme said:

If we’re talking top Electra heart:

Buy the Stars 

Bubblegum B*tch 

Valley of the Dolls 

Sex Yeah 

Hypocrates 

BTS at the top tea ! we love to see it

FROOT was so iconic :icant: idk if I just miss all the 2015 releases so much (like Honeymoon and Art Angels too), or if it really was that good to everyone else.

I think all the 2015 releases really brightened up my life when I needed it. 

I love the colour this era has in it maybe for that reason. I hope this is her best era but I am not sure if she can top FROOT or the groundbreaking EH tbh, especially with lyrics that are more risky in these times. 

On 4/25/2021 at 7:46 AM, HyperVelvet said:

I wish for some long songs on Ancient Dreams 

Yeah. 10 songs? Give me 40 minutes at least. Man's World and Purge the Poison are already below 3:30, so I'm wishing some 4:40-5:00 songs there, although I kinda doubt it, since songs from Love + Fear were also from average to short in length.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

19 hours ago, Ultra Violet said:

FROOT was so iconic :icant: idk if I just miss all the 2015 releases so much (like Honeymoon and Art Angels too), or if it really was that good to everyone else.

I think all the 2015 releases really brightened up my life when I needed it. 

I love the colour this era has in it maybe for that reason. I hope this is her best era but I am not sure if she can top FROOT or the groundbreaking EH tbh, especially with lyrics that are more risky in these times. 

FROOT was Marina at the peak of her creativity, she truly put all of herself in that record and you can feel it in every single aspect 

the visuals are amazing, FROOT’s cover is probably one my favorite covers of all time and every single shoot/single cover from that era feels inspired but at the same time original and creative 

the tracks are all incredibly cohesive sonically and thematically and she showcases the entirety of her voice range, from her deep, androgynous low range (Happy, Solitaire, Froot) to her light, bright high range (Blue, Immortal, Savages) 

plus the rollout was actually interesting and she managed to carefully craft every aspect of it

Take the vinyl for instance, she released a black vinyl to represent coal and a white vinyl to represent diamonds (she mentions coal and diamonds multiples times, both in TFJ and in FROOT)

the froot of the month things was also really interesting and engaging and showed she actually cared about what she did

i can’t speak for all of Ancient Dreams but from what we know from this rollout she shown us she doesn’t really care about engaging with her fans the same way she did

the music is also not up to par with froot

so no there’s no topping froot but at least it’s an improvement 

1 hour ago, Charlottexseax said:

i can’t speak for all of Ancient Dreams but from what we know from this rollout she shown us she doesn’t really care about engaging with her fans the same way she did

this rollout has been a nightmare, at least with L + F everything came out over the span of about 2 months.

she literally refuses to engage with fans and she'll let it be known :toofunny: which isn't a good look when you're an artist that solely relies on having a fanbase to be successful

i love you, but you don't understand me.

2 hours ago, Charlottexseax said:

FROOT was Marina at the peak of her creativity, she truly put all of herself in that record and you can feel it in every single aspect 

the visuals are amazing, FROOT’s cover is probably one my favorite covers of all time and every single shoot/single cover from that era feels inspired but at the same time original and creative 

the tracks are all incredibly cohesive sonically and thematically and she showcases the entirety of her voice range, from her deep, androgynous low range (Happy, Solitaire, Froot) to her light, bright high range (Blue, Immortal, Savages) 

plus the rollout was actually interesting and she managed to carefully craft every aspect of it

Take the vinyl for instance, she released a black vinyl to represent coal and a white vinyl to represent diamonds (she mentions coal and diamonds multiples times, both in TFJ and in FROOT)

the froot of the month things was also really interesting and engaging and showed she actually cared about what she did

Yes! I loved the rollout of FROOT. And as it was the first album release after I became a fan in 2013, it really showed me how engaging and artistic she was. 

Now I'm hands down believing that Ancient Dreams won't top it, but I am still loving the reminiscence. I really hope we get more personal tracks that aren't as basic as most in L+F

On 4/25/2021 at 6:32 PM, new gods said:

Same for Obessions actually. Mowgli's road was the "official" lead single. 

14 hours ago, Charlottexseax said:

She obviously had to manage the promotion for the album because the label didn't want to. For some weird reason, they didn't have faith in this record (probably after the commercial success of Electra Heart; still I don't get it). That's how Froot of the Month was born I suppose.

Anyway, LOL @ FROOT being Marina at the peak of her creativity. Electra Heart who. It's probably the only concept album she'll have ever done, unfortunately, and the only one having so many references and inspirations. Now she seems more inspired by social media posts rather than classic literature.

As for engagement, she probably felt really destroyed after the fandom loathed Love + Fear. Twitter stans literally diss her over and over, and she even used to post hand-written letters to us right before L+F came (they were really cute), sending wishes, writing how much the wait was gonna be worth it and so on... let alone the Marinabook thing and her Instagram posts with giant explanations what the L+F singles were about. I hope she'll get better after Ancient Dreams, which I'm sure the fandom will love, dunno about the critics though; depends on who is going to make a review.

original.gif