Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

6 hours ago, HyperVelvet said:

She's teasing sumn on IG OMG she looks amazing. Maybe it's Venus Flytrap or the album trailer?

I think it’s the album trailer! (or something of that sort) It’s the same shoot from the album cover. I’m getting major title track vibes from the lyrics she teased on that. :dua:

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

13 hours ago, KeybladeMeister said:

Imagine being an artist with a dedicated fanbase that does nothing but complain about anything you do...

No wonder why she removed the diamonds from her stage name 

???

Some of y’all need to step out of y’all’s bubbles 

Marina receives OVERWHELMING amounts of love everything she does, just because 15 people on a thread criticize her doesn’t mean we are the majority

She is a MILLIONAIRE LMAOOO she could never be a millionaire if people didn’t love and support her

Yall are really out here cuddling millionaires as if they deserve praise for whatever they do.. I hope you get a check 

48 minutes ago, Charlottexseax said:

Some of y’all need to step out of y’all’s bubbles 

Marina receives OVERWHELMING amounts of love everything she does, just because 15 people on a thread criticize her doesn’t mean we are the majority

She is a MILLIONAIRE LMAOOO she could never be a millionaire if people didn’t love and support her

Yall are really out here cuddling millionaires as if they deserve praise for whatever they do.. I hope you get a check 

So what ? You talk about Marina as if she was very, very rich except that her fortune is really small compared to American artists and other continents.

She certainly makes a good living but I don't see why she in particular should be criticized for her money knowing that she made her way alone, without help like some people...

In this case criticize all the artists you listen to because they are all RICH.

What you say doesn't make sense.

2 hours ago, Enchanted Mansion said:

So what ? You talk about Marina as if she was very, very rich except that her fortune is really small compared to American artists and other continents.

She certainly makes a good living but I don't see why she in particular should be criticized for her money knowing that she made her way alone, without help like some people...

In this case criticize all the artists you listen to because they are all RICH.

What you say doesn't make sense.

I never said that we should criticize her because she’s rich

I just said that just because some people on LanaBoards criticize her doesn’t mean that her fanbase as a WHOLE does

People love Marina and that’s why she’s been able to get to point where she is, which is: rich

If people hated her she wouldn’t be anywhere near where she is now

Like if y’all don’t have any reading skills it’s not my fault 

Another day, another argument on the Marina thread.

:smokes3:

Lana Del Rey Ultraviolence GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

2 hours ago, Yosemite said:

And it’s always the same person, huh :oopna2:

:ohsnap: Oop chile.

Lana Del Rey Ultraviolence GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

My ranking of songs based on titles-alone: 

Acient Dreams in a Modern Land

Purge the Poison

I Love You but I Love Me More

Man's World 

Pandora's Box

Venus Fly Trap

Highly Emotional People

New America

Flowers 

Goodbye

giphy.gif

I can't believe there's something left in my chest anymore 

i love marina and i’m a long term fan since about 2011/2012, but i do think while purge the poison is really catchy and pleasant to listen to, the lyrics seem like she’s trying a bit too hard to make a statement about relevant media topics? idk, i still stream purge the poison 

PTP is kind of a grower to me. I did not like it that mutch when it came out because I thought it was kinda overloaded. Now I really love the pre-chorus/chorus and i can embrace it in all of it's messy-ness, but I still feel like the verses are not her strongest moment both sonically and lyrically. Man's Worls remains superior.

I'm SUPER hyoed for Venus Fly Trap based on the snippet and the title.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

21 minutes ago, Formation said:

Purge the Poison

Man's World 

Pandora's Box

Venus Fly Trap

Highly Emotional People

New America

Flowers 

Goodbye

I like this! I'm doing it too.

Venus Fly Trap

Ancient Dreams in a Modern Land

Purge the Poison

Man's World 

Highly Emotional People

Pandora's Box

Flowers 

New America

Goodbye

ddbf9f67d5d606fd309eba5825b44324b0a60919

God's dead, I said, "Baby, that's alright with me"

Listening to some L+F outtakes and it's funny how *deep down* there's a bop album buried in there that could have easily worked.

"The Art Of Letting Go"

1. You

2. The Art of Letting Go

3. Baby

4. Please Don't Call Me

5. Water Under The Bridge

6. Karma

7. Believe In Love

8. There's Nothing Wrong With You

9. Soft To Be Strong

No particular order, but It's basically a bop collection, with this perspective of having a recent break up and just looking all around. From missing the person, to suddenly hating, and also realizing the need to move on and that life goes on.

I kinda wish End Of the Earth could be there as like track 01 as some "prelude" just like You but it feels so odd opening dd. 

20 hours ago, Formation said:

Purge the Poison

Man's World 

Pandora's Box

Venus Fly Trap

Highly Emotional People

New America

Flowers 

Goodbye

It's honestly so weird seeing such creative titles like Purge the Poison, Ancient Dreams in a Modern Land, Venus Fly Trap and I Love You but I Love Me More on the album right next to such basic ones like Flowers and Goodbye. I'm confused. :horror:

original.gif

On 5/1/2021 at 5:49 PM, Charlottexseax said:

Maybe TFJ was a bit tacky but EH and FROOT aren’t 

plus the Marina we know now is very far from being tacky she’s gone full LA white woman 

in what world / universe / alternate timeline are songs like bubblegum bitch, froot, homewrecker etc NOT tacky? most of marina's discography is camp at its finest ... i mean thats why i love her ... the delicate balance of taking life not seriously but also seriously enough