Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

If we just ignore the sound for a sec and focus on the lyrics, can I just say wtf?? This girl’s lyrics don’t sit right with me. They’re pretty lazy imo and don’t match Marina’s. Marina’s out here going “Earth is like a white rose, quiet cloud of petals cold” and she’s going “cum on your face like pow pow, you know your place like wow wow”. I don’t mind lyrics like that but they just don’t match at all. At least try a bit harder with your rhyming

Everytime I try to fly, I fall

I'm honestly really into the idea of her doing remixes with different artists, especially bc there's no features on the album itself. But the collabs have been kind of obscure and honestly,,,.,. really not good. There's so much potential there to get a new/relevant/interesting artist on some of her tracks, but instead we got "cum on your face like pow pow??" Not into it :noparty:

giphy.gif

Wait, does she really sing the cum on your face you know your place lines?  :awkney2:   I thought you were kidding i-

On 4/10/2021 at 9:30 AM, TrashMagiq said:

the incest admiring... country album’s coming i fear

44 minutes ago, brandon said:

The way I was so excited for this single vinyl.... and then she decides to use the remix cover and make it glow in the dark :crossed:

EXACTLY like why did she have to use the fanmade cover... the original would've been so much better. 

Haha okay anyway...

Gonna order the vinyl for this era's collection, but idk...pretty underwhelmed with the feature :toofunny: AND WHY DIDN'T WE GET THAT GORGEOUS SINGLE COVER??? Strange, strange choices

I know you guys don't really like this remix, including me, but why the hell there are many positive comments on youtube and thumbs up? Is people deaf?

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

honestly i was expecting/hoping for a full rework like man's world's remixes were cuz then it at least would have the opportunity to make pussy riot's verse fit on more.  like imagine a cut of PTP with more industrial production and less stiff drum work like the idea was right in front of them... unfortunate that this is such a mess

tumblr_inline_q2nkwneCwi1wb35v4_1280.png

Got a devil on my back as a tribute to my mother

The remix is a hot mess and it's kind of annoying that this will mean we won't get the next single until late may. But not y'all acting as if """"artists"""" like Tove Low or Bora Sawayama would have been a better feature :rip:

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

22 minutes ago, mansfield ringer said:

Pls the whole single/vinyl looks and sounds fanmade

The artwork was LITERALLY fanmade lol. She hired a fan who made this to make it the remix artwork :crossed:

I didn't understand the Riot lyrics until you guys posted it and uh... cum on your face like pow pow sent me, and not in the right way lmaoooo

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2: