Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

5 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

I didn't understand the Riot lyrics until you guys posted it and uh... cum on your face like pow pow sent me, and not in the right way lmaoooo

The lyrics are in the description of her YT video. I don’t suggest u bother reading them tho

Everytime I try to fly, I fall

14 minutes ago, Thunder Corpse said:

The remix is a hot mess and it's kind of annoying that this will mean we won't get the next single until late may. But not y'all acting as if """"artists"""" like Tove Low or Bora Sawayama would have been a better feature :rip:

I think they are really great but none of them would have been a better choice, mostly because PtP is a song that doesn't need a fucking feature.

14 minutes ago, xcxc said:

The artwork was LITERALLY fanmade lol. She hired a fan who made this to make it the remix artwork :crossed:

It's not a bad artwork, I'm happy for the fan BUT the original artwork is gorgeous and she did us wrong selecting this one as the vinyl cover lol

1 minute ago, Angelic Tropico said:

The lyrics are in the description of her YT video. I don’t suggest u bother reading them tho

Awful lyrics, I don't understand why Marina would be content with her lyrics next to the great lyrics she originally wrote.

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

see me in your bad trip
all you want is to trap me
eeny, meeny drip drip
stupid boys they need me
all my sisters queer queer
feeding off your fear fear
patriarchy rip rip
you are made from my rib
i cum on your face like pow pow
you know your place wow wow
taking what's mine now now
no i'm taking it back wow wow
matriarchy runs the state
we are here to dominate
we are here to dominate

I'm sorry Marina for what they did to your amazing song... I just can't with how stupid the whole verse is, it's like if a centennial ultra hardcore fake feminist (the ones that hate men and care about power and not bein equal) wrote this.

Edit: I really can't believe so many fans are enjoying the song as I can see on the youtube video comments and likes.

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

off topic but the last time I've read PTP lyrics they were like: "your home is not your prison" "solitude was coming everybody knew" etc. and now they are "your home is now your prison" and "saw the dawn was coming everybody knew"  ... interesting

13 minutes ago, EXODUS said:

see me in your bad trip
eeny, meeny drip drip
stupid boys they need me
patriarchy rip rip
you are made from my rib
we are here to dominate
we are here to dominate

I haven't listened to it (yet) and now I'm scared.

19 minutes ago, EXODUS said:

see me in your bad trip
eeny, meeny drip drip
stupid boys they need me
patriarchy rip rip
you are made from my rib
we are here to dominate
we are here to dominate

When you type random words and pretend to be a lyric...

5 minutes ago, BluebirdXO said:

When you type random words and pretend to be a lyric...

Exactly my thoughts, anyone in this thread could've come with a better verse.

I believe MARINA is not fond of the verse as well, but she really really wanted blogs and press to hype the single with this brand new version featuring "the russian feminist band that went to jail for being outspoken and against patriarchy and politics".

btw, I love your avatar, I'm a huge BtVS fan <3

50 minutes ago, Thunder Corpse said:

The remix is a hot mess and it's kind of annoying that this will mean we won't get the next single until late may. But not y'all acting as if """"artists"""" like Tove Low or Bora Sawayama would have been a better feature :rip:

Keep rina out of your mouth 

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

*Marina announces new project with all-female musicians*
Fans: Hype is at the roof

*Marina releases Man's World*
Fans: omg this is a big step up from the last era

*Marina releases Man's World remixes*
Fans: Most of us are ok with one of them or both, they are just random remixes

*Marina unveils the first single vinyl b-side*
Fans: She made us wait to reveal... this?

*Marina releases Purge the Poison*
Fans: Back to form! Best single in ages, her quirkyness is back! Amazing music video!

*Marina announces album title, tracklist and cover art*
Fans: Omg amazing cover even though is not centered and we prefer the PtP single cover, but we are so happy about this project, she's back!

*Marina announces PtP remix*
Fans: this could be interesting, is unexpected!

*Marina releases PtP remix*
Fans: Thank god it was all just a bad dream and there is no Pussy Riot remix. We are so ready for VenusFly Trap.

I've been jamming to this remix and just took a quick look in this thread, seems like i'm the only one who really likes the remix :awk:

I like the weirdness, the weird high girly voice, the weird lyrics, it's pretty iconic.

2 hours ago, mansfield ringer said:

I feel really bad if she were to ever open this thread :toofunny:

That's not Marina's fault that the lyrics that Pussy Riot girl wrote are just bad. I liked the queer-queer part, however. Her voice is okay, Grimes vibes. Still, the remix is either completely unnecessary or a wasted opportunity, choose what you want. I feel like Marina's just pretending to like it, but who knows. If she's genuinely content with this rhymeless verse I'm speechless. Anyway, don't act as if Pablo feature was better -- it was not. And the voice was horrible. Whoever even finds Marina those collaborators? If that's you David...

PS I imagined the lyrics would be "2011 when Putin was something something", and we got this, lol.

original.gif

4 hours ago, Lentilus said:

Lol....what a weird sound. Idk who pussy riot is, but I don't stan. :candy: anyways, the glow in the dark vinyl is cool. 

A feminist group from Russia.

Lana Del Rey Ultraviolence GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

30 minutes ago, Thunder Corpse said:

I gladly do cause her music lacks any taste :hooker:

:hdu: First time I have read something so negative about Rina (I must agree her deluxe edition bonus tracks are awful and also this new collab, she can do so much better as she has proven)

6 minutes ago, KeybladeMeister said:

I feel Poppy would have been a better fit than Pussy Riot but it is what it is lol.

I wouldn't mind that, at least that way the second verse wouldn't have been a tragic cringe fest.

Grimes would've been better, but in my opinion PtP should've been kept as a solo track/remix.