Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

1 minute ago, EXODUS said:

I wouldn't mind that, at least that way the second verse wouldn't have been a tragic cringe fest.

Grimes would've been better, but in my opinion PtP should've been kept as a solo track/remix.

Yeah, I think the mixing is really bad for her verse so I can’t understand anything she’s saying. Not that it looks like it’s anything to do with the theme of the song anyway.

I feel like poppy would have at least written something that would be relevant to the song.

j14CYJi.png

2 hours ago, EXODUS said:

:hdu: First time I have read something so negative about Rina (I must agree her deluxe edition bonus tracks are awful and also this new collab, she can do so much better as she has proven)

It's not the place to discuss but I think she is very boring. After Cyber Stockholm Syndrome I lost all interest, and the Elton John thing is so cringe.... :usrsney: I genuinely tried to like her tho

4 minutes ago, mansfield ringer said:

It's not the place to discuss but I think she is very boring. After Cyber Stockholm Syndrome I lost all interest, and the Elton John thing is so cringe.... :usrsney: I genuinely tried to like her tho

I’m with you I also tried to like her but found her boring..I don’t get the hype. But yeah this is for another thread.

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

Let's not try to be off-topic and respect the pop music legend that Rina Sawayama is. SAWAYAMA was truly AOTY and the japanese edition of the album with Tokyo Takeover is a work of the gods. So sad there's not another edition of the album with more tracks :(

Anyway, Purge The Poison (solo) slaps! 

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

1 hour ago, Venus Fly Trap said:

Let's not try to be off-topic and respect the pop music legend that Rina Sawayama is. SAWAYAMA was truly AOTY and the japanese edition of the album with Tokyo Takeover is a work of the gods. So sad there's not another edition of the album with more tracks :(

Anyway, Purge The Poison (solo) slaps! 

Preach!

j14CYJi.png

The only good thing I have to say about the remix is I kind of like how the two of them sound singing the chorus together. Other than that... well, it’s all already been said in this thread. 

I understand the like... symbolism? Of having Pussy Riot do the remix but if this is the sound she was going for, I feel like Grimes would’ve been the perfect fit. IIRC Grimes was commenting on marina’s announcements about PTP as well so I feel like it wouldn’t have been impossible. She could’ve even changed up the song instead of... whatever that was. Super disappointing to see her branching out and working with different artists and getting stuff like this. 

Hopefully if there’s a third single (and subsequent remix) it’ll be someone that actually fits. Still excited for the album tho. 

9 minutes ago, cory said:

The only good thing I have to say about the remix is I kind of like how the two of them sound singing the chorus together. Other than that... well, it’s all already been said in this thread. 

I understand the like... symbolism? Of having Pussy Riot do the remix but if this is the sound she was going for, I feel like Grimes would’ve been the perfect fit. IIRC Grimes was commenting on marina’s announcements about PTP as well so I feel like it wouldn’t have been impossible. She could’ve even changed up the song instead of... whatever that was. Super disappointing to see her branching out and working with different artists and getting stuff like this. 

Hopefully if there’s a third single (and subsequent remix) it’ll be someone that actually fits. Still excited for the album tho. 

Manifesting "Venus Fly Trap featuring Roisin Murphy" :hooker:

rw3u9p1mmrbzionav1cm.gif

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

for some reason i had a dream where she sent me (and others) care packages for being "longtime" fan and for some reason she sent me edibles in the form of nature valley granola bars (the ones that get everywhere with every crunch and as soon as you open them)

anyway excited for venus fly trap!!

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

Ehy yall this is random but I just heard this bop and it reminded me a lot of FROOT's whole synth/guitar vibe and a lot of summer so I though I'd post i t