Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

51 minutes ago, vrtvie said:

Girl, these two along with How to Bath and Primadonna are the most commercial sounding tracks on the album. It is normal they sound bad almost 10 years later just like does Katy Perry's discography to which Dr Luke tried making Marina sound alike. And Radioactive has amazing lyrics but this instrumental wasn't even made for her in the first place. It's just recycled by Stargate from a random girl, seriously.

so what? just because they're more "commercial" sounding it doesn't mean they're bad.

:cuteface:

52 minutes ago, howtobeaheartbreaker said:

Honestly How to Be a Heartbreaker is a boring song. That has nothing to do with the commercial sound because Primadonna still stands up. 

Primadonna does, yes! What I meant is that it's normal and common that a commercial sound might get tiring after a while, not that each one has to -- fighting someone for disliking commercial songs is thus just dumb. For HTBAH, I find her voice way catchier than the whole instrumental. Probably that's why I love listening to HTBAH x Toxic mashup. Highly recommend.

original.gif

19 minutes ago, White Picket Chemtrails said:

Eclipse said on ATRL:

Reveal hidden contents

Pink Convertible is decent, I think she has plans to release it. Happy Loner is an unfinished rough demo.

The album is great, title track and Venus Fly Trap are two of her best songs

Review coming soon

So neither made it onto the album under a different name? damn now I’m a bit worried bc those were the best material I’ve heard from her in years

RVhKIwP.gif

4 hours ago, KeybladeMeister said:

Radioactive is one of her best tracks period and remains unbothered.

The hit that got away :rollin:

1 hour ago, White Picket Chemtrails said:

Eclipse said on ATRL:

Hide contents

Pink Convertible is decent, I think she has plans to release it. Happy Loner is an unfinished rough demo.

Review coming soon

maybe Pink Convertible will end up as a bonus track, the tracklist is really short so maybe there will be extra tracks released somewhere somehow

Happy Loner will end up being leaked at some point lol

I'm super excited abut the title track, people say it's the next release.

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

There are snippet lyrics updated on genius. Do we know where they're from or if they're real?

Venus Flytrap:

Spoiler

Why be a wallflower when you could be a Venus fly trap

Nothing in this world, blooms

Pandora's Box:

Spoiler

You've opened up Pandora's box

You don't know what you've just unlocked

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

3 hours ago, White Picket Chemtrails said:

Eclipse said on ATRL:

Hide contents

Review coming soon

pink convertible was the only song ive been loking forward to :rip: i rly thought she might have renamed it. no excitement left for this release now

image.png

22 minutes ago, HyperVelvet said:

There are snippet lyrics updated on genius. Do we know where they're from or if they're real?

Venus Flytrap:

Hide contents

Why be a wallflower when you could be a Venus fly trap

Nothing in this world, blooms

Pandora's Box:

Hide contents

You've opened up Pandora's box

You don't know what you've just unlocked

They are real, I think Eclipse shared them

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

8 hours ago, vrtvie said:

Radioactive aged like milk. So did Lies.

I cannot stress enough how “aged like milk” literally has no meaning especially considering how good Radioactive is

Does it sound straight out of a 2012 EDM/electro pop album? 

Yes

Because it is. EH is an EDM/electro pop album from 2012

Like there’s nothing wrong with having a specific genre y’all are crazy sometimes

Sometimes I get this feeling - I know it might sound odd But I just wanna go back home and I don't mean to God

remember this ? do we know if this song made it onto the album? those are some catchy lyrics :illumilana2:

so if eclipse has the album - is a leak imminent? 

3 minutes ago, Charlottexseax said:

I cannot stress enough how “aged like milk” literally has no meaning especially considering how good Radioactive is

Does it sound straight out of a 2012 EDM/electro pop album? 

Yes

Because it is. EH is an EDM/electro pop album from 2012

Like there’s nothing wrong with having a specific genre y’all are crazy sometimes

Agree hard on this

3 minutes ago, hippo said:

Sometimes I get this feeling - I know it might sound odd But I just wanna go back home and I don't mean to God

remember this ? do we know if this song made it onto the album? those are some catchy lyrics :illumilana2:

I hope so!

2 minutes ago, EXODUS said:

Agree hard on this

Like I don’t get the need to bash albums just bc they have a very specific genre that’s out of style... most genres are out of styles it doesn’t mean they’re bad 

Waiting for L+F was so painful, I still remember the time ppl teasing album demos in VCs, Eclipse leaking a snippet or two and teasing lyrics/song titles etc. so I'm glad this new album is coming faster but at the same time it feels rushed like the album only having 10 tracks is so lazy (I would expect more after L+F which had 16 tracks) + the cover art is serving graphic design is my passion. I'm not feeling as excited for this album :/ the long wait between Man's World to PTP kinda killed my excitement too