Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

53 minutes ago, rhubysyrup said:

I need something to clean my ears after that pu$$y ri0t mess :nails:

Pussy Riot cummed on my face and now I hate cum, I'm a gay failure.

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

the concept of music being dated literally only exists to stan culture gays. nobody in the real world hears an electropop song from 2011 and says "that aged like milk".. the radio still plays songs that were released like 30 years ago lmao electra heart is a fine album that was released when that sound was at its peak commercially and just cause it isn't anymore doesn't make it bad

i love you, but you don't understand me.

10 minutes ago, ConstableReggie said:

Not Pink Convertible being cut :deadbanana:

I was so hopeful it was renamed to New America. I hope it eventually leaks, the snippet was amazing  

Wym? 

We're still not sure if it was just renamed 

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

5 hours ago, One with the Gods said:

Waiting for L+F was so painful, I still remember the time ppl teasing album demos in VCs, Eclipse leaking a snippet or two and teasing lyrics/song titles etc. so I'm glad this new album is coming faster but at the same time it feels rushed like the album only having 10 tracks is so lazy (I would expect more after L+F which had 16 tracks) + the cover art is serving graphic design is my passion. I'm not feeling as excited for this album :/ the long wait between Man's World to PTP kinda killed my excitement too

I dont have any proof as I didnt screenshot Eclipse's IG post. 

But he very briefly posted for a few mins and later deleted/archived it.

He went on to describe the album as the opposite to L+F. He said the production is grand (whereas L F was stripped), sometimes might be too on the nose but not tooooo much. He said it felt right and the vocals are great too. He also listed 3 fav songs . I remember only 1. Venus fly trap..

He said there is a lot of political commentary too. ... he gave it a 4/5.

Like I said. I wish I had taken a screenshot. 

29 minutes ago, ConstableReggie said:

Check previous page. Eclipse (reliable leaker) posted on ATRL that it’s not on the album

My bad! 
Such unfortunate news tho but those Pandora’s Box lyrics sound sm interesting :hdu:

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

8 hours ago, new gods said:

the concept of music being dated literally only exists to stan culture gays. nobody in the real world hears an electropop song from 2011 and says "that aged like milk".. the radio still plays songs that were released like 30 years ago lmao electra heart is a fine album that was released when that sound was at its peak commercially and just cause it isn't anymore doesn't make it bad

I see what you're trying to do here but this is just not true.

Of course stan culture tends to be overdramatic and unreasonably swings between "this is the best thing ever" and "this is pure shit".

But talking about how an album "aged", whether it's timeless or music that does not really go beyond a "trend" in music history is a pretty legit thing to do. 

Of course that's always a subjective impression and the very fact that something reflects a certain music-era of the past can actually be seen as a huge quality.

I'm all for a more differenciated discussion about music bit can we not negate completely reasonably ways to talk about music pls?

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

I hate to say it but some of u are acting like total assholes. I personally agree that Radioactive has aged poorly. Lots of music from that time has aged poorly - especially from that genre. I mean, look at some of the 2010s black eyed peas hits 

or party rock anthem, etc... They aren’t exactly timeless hits. Just because it hasn’t aged for u, doesn’t mean that it hasn’t aged for others so idk why some of you can’t accept that?? Of course that’s a valid comment so I don’t understand why some of you are getting ur panties in a twist over an opinion :tanisha:

Ageing poorly doesn’t necessarily make a song shit or unlistenable for me. It just makes it not as good as it used to be and that’s fine. That happens. If it makes it unlistenable for others then I can understand that 100%. If you don’t agree then good for u but stop riding each other’s dicks over it.

If you want to have a bitch fest, at least pick an absolutely earth shattering song to fight over

and no I didn’t quote everyone this is about because I’m too lazy to go do that

Everytime I try to fly, I fall

12 minutes ago, Angelic Tropico said:

I hate to say it but some of u are acting like total assholes. I personally agree that Radioactive has aged poorly. Lots of music from that time has aged poorly - especially from that genre. I mean, look at some of the 2010s black eyed peas hits 

or party rock anthem, etc... They aren’t exactly timeless hits. Just because it hasn’t aged for u, doesn’t mean that it hasn’t aged for others so idk why some of you can’t accept that?? Of course that’s a valid comment so I don’t understand why some of you are getting ur panties in a twist over an opinion :tanisha:

Ageing poorly doesn’t necessarily make a song shit or unlistenable for me. It just makes it not as good as it used to be and that’s fine. That happens. If it makes it unlistenable for others then I can understand that 100%. If you don’t agree then good for u but stop riding each other’s dicks over it.

If you want to have a bitch fest, at least pick an absolutely earth shattering song to fight over

and no I didn’t quote everyone this is about because I’m too lazy to go do that

STOP SAYING “it aged poorly” ????

If you don’t like a song say you don’t like it. 

Songs don’t age this is something y’all invented because y’all have no critical thinking skills

Just now, Charlottexseax said:

If you don’t like a song say you don’t like it. 

Songs don’t age this is something y’all invented because y’all have no critical thinking skills

Girl what? songs literally do age

How is this an actual issue of discussion for any of y’all.......... go touch grass

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

8 minutes ago, Pale Fire said:

Girl what? songs literally do age

How is this an actual issue of discussion for any of y’all.......... go touch grass

Can you please define “age” in terms of a song... like explain what it means 

46 minutes ago, Charlottexseax said:

Nah. It's a valid way to talk about music that a lot of people employ outside the stan culture.

Of course songs DO age since a lot of them  are created within a certain era of production and songwriting. 

And that means that the opionion people have on it when listening to it  outside of it's original context may change aswell. That does not mean everybody has to dislike it or that you can't like old music/ still feel their vibe.

Denying that music does exist in a context that's subject to time and change actually showcases a LACK of critical thinking skills :)

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!