Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

2 hours ago, new gods said:

why do i feel like "i love you but i love me more" is going to be about her fans 

That would be brutal yet funny 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

2 hours ago, new gods said:

why do i feel like "i love you but i love me more" is going to be about her fans 

I’d respond with my own song if this was the case..

‘ I love buying your music,  but I love downloading it on pirate bay more’ 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

3 hours ago, DinahLee said:

The way this album is shaping to be worst than L+F Lyrically but at least she's... sonically back (?). I'm gonna stay away from genius and bop my head or FEEL these piano chords. That's it.

Edit: Also, with the recent trend of "rereleasing" albuns just a few weeks after the debut, I can see her actually tacking Happy Loner and Pink Convertible in there and calling it a day. She always mentioned about re-releasing\putting deluxe editions out and it just never happened. Mayyybe this time.

I wouldn't say so. The lyrics of this album seem to be cringe-worthy or fake woke but I'd rather them to be like that than mediocre and uninspired like L+F. I prefer Marina to be cringey and extra but honest and fearless than... again, mediocre and uninspired. Yes, PTP's lyrics are just what they are, but they're something that Marina would truly write and express, that's why I appreciate these lyrics, she's being unafraid, authentic and totally honest

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

15 minutes ago, Venus Fly Trap said:

I wouldn't say so. The lyrics of this album seem to be cringe-worthy or fake woke but I'd rather them to be like that than mediocre and uninspired like L+F. I prefer Marina to be cringey and extra but honest and fearless than... again, mediocre and uninspired. Yes, PTP's lyrics are just what they are, but they're something that Marina would truly write and express, that's why I appreciate these lyrics, she's being unafraid, authentic and totally honest

Fair too. I don't think it makes it any better for me but you've got a point tbh nn. 

1 hour ago, vrtvie said:

How is this album ever going to be worse lyrically than L+F? Nothing can beat enjoy ur life luv, idk how to be human, yew!!! yeah yew break me down!!! no more suckers!!! yeah you mess up all my towels, life is strange ohhh all we know is life is strange aaah (oooorange).

I'm a Millionaire You're just a Venus FlyTrap, I'm queen Bee or whatever she's singing and putting "witch" in there

Followed by

Capitalism made us poor

and

Mother nature is dying

but also

she's on her phone!!

Everything you mentioned from L+F is inoffensive while compared to Marina-Musk-Marx is trying here.

*BUT*

Sonically... it bops and it sounds ~so quirky~ ... that's a win.

3 hours ago, new gods said:

I hope so tho! Imagine the lyrics actually being about that lol. I'll still scream "I love you marina" while she's singing this song on her next tour. 

I thought it could be about Jack tho lol but I doubt it.  

Goodbye could be a breakup song too.

ddbf9f67d5d606fd309eba5825b44324b0a60919

God's dead, I said, "Baby, that's alright with me"

there is absolutely nothing good about orange trees :bebe: why ya'll defend THAT song out of everything else on L+F boggles my mind. 

anyways, does anyone think she's gonna release another single before the album drops? 

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

1 hour ago, Party Favor said:

there is absolutely nothing good about orange trees :bebe: why ya'll defend THAT song out of everything else on L+F boggles my mind. 

anyways, does anyone think she's gonna release another single before the album drops? 

let’s not talk about Blorange Tree. I’ve just about forgotten that song exists.

some of the melodies and lyrics on L+F are actually nice but they get overlooked by how much people hate the production, and lbr that's why most of us are hyped for this album cause she strayed away from that sound. her lyrical content on this album doesn't differ in quality from L+F 

i love you, but you don't understand me.

2 hours ago, Party Favor said:

I love Orange Trees :awkney:

Why everybody hates it?  

The problem with Orange Trees is that stupid hook of "OoOoOrange" but the whole thing is just fine. It's actually well produced and the middle8\bridge is pure bliss. You can actually feel she's serene and happy.

3 hours ago, Party Favor said:

Eclipse said Venus Fly Trap would be coming as the third one and Amazon (or some other store whatever) hinted at the title track with their description I think.

Orange trees is a cute fun summer bop with an even cuter video :crossed: listening to it while driving to the beach with the top down is unmatched. (also it has a bit of quirkyness and doesn’t mention her folding her towels or whatever so)

the taste in this thread got me :toofunny::rollin:

10 hours ago, Life said:

pretty sure man's world is in the vein of that.

:cuteface:

but no, lets not with that fake feminist bullshxt.

"fake feminist"...ya really are shut full of utter crap aren't you LMFAOOOOO

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

Orange trees aaah this song I had completely forgotten. I was shocked how her personality had changed at this point. She was bright and so soft. The song is soft and sunny to go to the beach, but for an artist like Marina, let's face it, it was really weak. But she tried to get into the general public with it (I often heard Orange trees in a garden store).

With L + F I think Marina wanted to turn the page on the crazy English girl, Marina the business rejected. She clearly wanted a change: the new life in LA, the beach, sun, sweetness, networks, positive life, psychology, feminism, new friends, deleted diamonds... I know her desire to format herself to please the greatest number and the flop of EH must have left traces because she must have thought that she would succeed in being very well known by becoming this adored pop star.

And I really think her ex-boyfriend from Clean Bandit influenced her to make the wrong musical choices. It must be said, CB is not good and he messed up Marina.

I think that with her breakup she returned to normal a bit, more herself. The convictions are unchanged but we still feel a return to the old Marina. So let's hope that she has become aware that she must not let influence but be herself in her music.

PTP is still that amazing bop (the remix doesn't exist).

6 hours ago, HEARTCORE said:

"fake feminist"...ya really are shut full of utter crap aren't you LMFAOOOOO

yes, she is. like i said in a previous post, and from the lyrics she obviously allowed pxssy riot to have in purge, it's faux-feminism. it's about having power over a man, not actual equality. feminism isn't about females having power over men, it's fxcking equality. the fact she'll singing about men having power and how it's problematic and along with capitalism being an issue, yet she'll put that shitty remix out and sing about how fxcking rich she is on venus just shows how much crap she's full of lately. even more to the point how on the title track she sings about world issues/defending rights and then completely fxcking contradicts herself. she's looking a fool.