Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

1 hour ago, Charlottexseax said:

Look I know y’all are illiterate and I don’t like having serious discourse on here but: 

Men and women alike are oppressed (by racism, classism, homophobia, etc), feminism doesn’t aim to “elevate” women to the same status men (which is: still oppressed) but to completely liberate them from all oppressions, which include racism, classism, etc... cause men are still oppressed (not on the basis of their sex, but still oppressed)

That’s why intersectionality was created, by a black woman (Kimberlé Crenshaw), to tackle all the issues that are outside the strict man/women dicotomy but still affect women in other ways (like racism and classism)

sorry for the OT but y’all are so ignorant 

Yeah exactly, feminism is about liberation from patriarchy. Patriarchy is the pervasive structure, the object of feminist discourse.

"men and women should be equal" is reductive and the only reason it ever gets invoked (including in this thread) is because people want feminism to be palatable by repackaging it into some neoliberal individual responsibility type of idea, totally dodging the idea of dismantling harmful structures. You lot really think feminism is just when men and women get along? And when women are mean to men, they're defeating the feminist mission? Not the girlboss wave of feminism rotting brains 

That said, marina commodifying feminism is also super lib 

Also the way Google definitions are being thrown around lol... if only life was so simple. 

FmgKWb8.gif?1     HNqlJGD.gif

28 minutes ago, Dominikx4 said:

the Marina thread on ATRL is a mess and this one's a mess, this woman has been cursed ever since she released shit + smear oh wow

Maybe we could've avoided this if she had kept "& The Diamonds"

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

need to purge the poison from our system until human beings listen tell me who'd you think you are it's your own decision but your home is now your prison you forgot that without me you won't go war

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

Pass the parcel, wrap unwrap and open up the locks

Out come flying all the secrets of Pandora’s Box

vs 

You’ve opened up Pandora’s Box

You don’t know what you’ve just unlocked

:clapback::clapback::clapback::clapback::clapback:

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

3 hours ago, theviolence said:

Yeah exactly, feminism is about liberation from patriarchy. Patriarchy is the pervasive structure, the object of feminist discourse.

"men and women should be equal" is reductive and the only reason it ever gets invoked (including in this thread) is because people want feminism to be palatable by repackaging it into some neoliberal individual responsibility type of idea, totally dodging the idea of dismantling harmful structures. You lot really think feminism is just when men and women get along? And when women are mean to men, they're defeating the feminist mission? Not the girlboss wave of feminism rotting brains 

That said, marina commodifying feminism is also super lib 

Also the way Google definitions are being thrown around lol... if only life was so simple. 

patriarchy ceased to exist years ago (except in the middle east)

Men and women are not equal in several respects, and many of these aspects men are at a disadvantage compared to women. There are no "structures" that support a patriarchy, on the contrary, women currently have more "privileges" and advantages (such as positive discrimination) than men.

Putting men as oppressors (patriarchy) is sexist and makes the true causes of women's problems invisible.

Feminism seeks to end discrimination that affects women, and there is no need for a patriarchal system for them to exist.

Also have to know how to distinguish that it is a discrimination of simple disparity (where the individual responsibility applies) for example the wage gap or the "glass ceiling" that are not discrimination quasi, they are working life choices.

24 minutes ago, Aristocrat said:

patriarchy ceased to exist years ago (except in the middle east)

Men and women are not equal in several respects, and many of these aspects men are at a disadvantage compared to women. There are no "structures" that support a patriarchy, on the contrary, women currently have more "privileges" and advantages (such as positive discrimination) than men.

Putting men as oppressors (patriarchy) is sexist and makes the true causes of women's problems invisible.

Feminism seeks to end discrimination that affects women, and there is no need for a patriarchal system for them to exist.

Also have to know how to distinguish that it is a discrimination of simple disparity (where the individual responsibility applies) for example the wage gap or the "glass ceiling" that are not discrimination quasi, they are working life choices.

Positive discrimination still exists because patriarchy still exists

Men don't have to be actively oppressing women in order for patriarchy to exist, the patriarchal structure is what reproduces the oppression and men passively benefit from it. It's not a villain narrative. Men and women can be agents of patriarchy. And we're all agents /within/ patriarchy. 

Also I'm dubious of any empirical assessment that says we're post-patriarchy, or post-racism, or post-homophobia, or whatever. Usually people just point to the very shallow instances of legislation that make us feel accomplished, which only leads to neglect of deeper and consistent manifestations of injustice. Sexism isn't solved because women have greater representation in the workplace, or in parliament. But whatever this is lanaboards 

FmgKWb8.gif?1     HNqlJGD.gif

1 hour ago, theviolence said:

Positive discrimination still exists because patriarchy still exists

Men don't have to be actively oppressing women in order for patriarchy to exist, the patriarchal structure is what reproduces the oppression and men passively benefit from it. It's not a villain narrative. Men and women can be agents of patriarchy. And we're all agents /within/ patriarchy. 

Also I'm dubious of any empirical assessment that says we're post-patriarchy, or post-racism, or post-homophobia, or whatever. Usually people just point to the very shallow instances of legislation that make us feel accomplished, which only leads to neglect of deeper and consistent manifestations of injustice. Sexism isn't solved because women have greater representation in the workplace, or in parliament. But whatever this is lanaboards 

The first thing you say is contradictory, positive discrimination is to "help" women and as I said before, disparities are not the result of any patriarchy. For example, in many schools there are scholarships for women to study a university career (especially if it is a typically male career), despite the fact that for more than a century women have had the advantage in the educational gap.
https://www.aei.org/carpe-diem/the-increasing-college-degree-gap-will-college-womens-centers-address-this-gender-issue/

For there to be a patriarchy, there must be a political system. There is currently no law or mandate that exhorts men to command or prevents women from doing so. And men have more social disadvantages than women, in fact women have benefited a lot from the system. safe house, court advocacy programs subsidezed counseling, subsidezed legal care. More than misogyny, it is a gynocentric system, literally exite UN for women.

And no, the studies that I have seen are macro studies, they are not specific cases and they are not biased (otherwise feminist studies that are poorly planned and use very small samples)

This blog is in Spanish, but they can translate it freely, it talks about all the genre topics and presents the studies. https://feminismocientific.wixsite.com/misitio/investigacionteoricaygenero

can she release venus fly trap so we can quit doing whatever the hell is going on in here and just bop in peace

5 hours ago, HyperVelvet said:

I want the track lengths :raven:

honestly praying for some longer songs... we need 4-5 minute marina songs again- knowing her they're all gonna be 3 :toofunny:

something about the title track feels like it could be decently long but that's wishful thinking

tumblr_inline_q2nkwneCwi1wb35v4_1280.png

Got a devil on my back as a tribute to my mother