Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

Since we're talking about vinyl... Has anyone, who bought on the EU store, got an update for the Man's World vinyl??? They were supposed to ship on the 30th of April, two weeks after still no news... 

13.04.2018 Rome - Lana wore my hat! 

Dying by the hand of a foreign man, Happily
Calling out my name in the summer rain, Ciao amore

1 minute ago, BluebirdXO said:

Marina doesn't deserve any leaks. She's not a huge artist and a leak can really impact her numbers

Normally I’d agree but she’s been so slow this era I’m losing patience 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

17 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

Normally I’d agree but she’s been so slow this era I’m losing patience 

Yes, this era has been somewhat slower than her previous eras. However, it hasn’t been THAT slow lmao 

Look at Lana, first track from Norman was out almost 1 year before release, Man’s World is only near 6 months, even though she released a shitload of remixes afterwards.

The album will be out in 3 and a half weeks, in the meaning time you’ll hear 2 more tracks. Just wait 

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

1 hour ago, BluebirdXO said:

Marina doesn't deserve any leaks. She's not a huge artist and a leak can really impact her numbers

This is a myth

The GP (aka general public aka people who don’t keep up with artists religiously) doesn’t listen to leaks lol

Plus album are regularly piratable through many means so if people were not gonna buy the album they would’ve found another way 

But still I *don’t* condone leaks in anyway cause it’s her property and she is entitled to releasing it on her own terms regardless of how good/bad the album rollout is

I'm excited to listen to this podcast! I'll be giving this a listen later tonight - 

EDIT: Okay I can't wait, I'm going to listen to it now & I'll be back with my thoughts :hype:

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

8 hours ago, fkitiloveme said:

Title track 3:26

Was expecting 5 minutes for some reason:defeated:

Disappointed but not surprised

I expect at least one song on the record to long 4 minutes

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

I just finished listening to the podcast! It was very interesting and insightful, especially for someone like me who has always been interested in fan culture particularly when it comes to music. (I mean hell - with owning an entire fan forum with 15,000+ members from all across the world that visit here for a variety of music artists - I sort of have to be, right?)

I also think that Marina was the perfect artist to do this with, not only because she's interested in psychology and has taken courses in the past, but because the themes of what a lot of fan culture breaks down to are what she sings about in her music. For example, identity, a sense of belonging, humanity, fulfillment - these are all themes that were talked about in the podcast as reasonings for fan culture, and these are large themes that have been regularly seen in Marina's work. 

I also loved their little bit talking about live music and how that can be especially important to both the fans and the artist. I'm a concert junkie, and I see multiple shows from all of my favourite artists. It's not only that euphoric sense of being in the presence of live music solely because of the artist, but it's the community as well. Especially for someone like me who likes to queue for hours in line for a show, I've met so many incredible people from all different fandoms who I still keep in touch with. If anything, this podcast just made me crave live music again even more than I have been over the past year and being back in my little sanctuary - a concert venue.

Anyway, incredible podcast. Definitely give it a listen if you're a fan of Marina, or a fan of anyone really.

x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

39 minutes ago, brandon said:

E1Yvn9ZXMAADvvv.jpg

this is... interesting

do we think we’re getting a deluxe??

This gives me hope that she will release it as a bonus track…. but on the other hand she also promised to put INHA on Spotify like 3 years ago :toofloppy:

1 hour ago, brandon said:

E1Yvn9ZXMAADvvv.jpg

this is... interesting

I mean, I don't actually see it coming tho....

However, (this is probably just some made up bullshit) I saw the other day some file on dbree stating that "there will be a special deluxe for the United States". :whatever2:

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

On 5/14/2021 at 10:31 AM, Fireffie said:

Since we're talking about vinyl... Has anyone, who bought on the EU store, got an update for the Man's World vinyl??? They were supposed to ship on the 30th of April, two weeks after still no news... 

I sent them an email about it and got this reply:

Many thanks for your e-mail. 

Unfortunately there has been a delay in receiving the stock from the supplier. 

As soon the order leaves our warehouse, you will receive a shipment confirmation email from us. Please do let us know if you do not wish to wait for the item to come in stock, and we can cancel the order for you. 

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience or disappointment caused by this delay. 

giphy.gif ldrclashsmall3.png

11 hours ago, brandon said:

E1Yvn9ZXMAADvvv.jpg

this is... interesting

I generally don’t trust her world on it but if she’s being this upfront about it she probably is releasing a deluxe, which makes sense cause there’s not a whole lot of tracks 

Well I hope the rest of the songs is better than Pink Convertible and Happy Loner. I'm still mad songs like OooOooOrange or Baby ended up on Laxative+Fart but There's Nothing Wrong With You or Pls Don't Call Me didn't

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif