Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

39 minutes ago, Charlottexseax said:

yeah I agree

It’s not even a matter of being political or being outspoken it’s that she’s not actually saying anything in her songs just name dropping issues and problems we have like yes they exist we know it wanna say something of significance next time??

like saying sexism exists women are discriminated is not activism it’s just saying things 

Agree

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

Just now, ChaoticLipster said:

Next song will probably be New America seeing as she’s teased  it

Pretty sure it’s VFT - she’s been teasing this specific song for like, two months - and by the way she describes it.. it’s definitely gonna be a single 

Confirmation on her breakup (I'm going to sob to Goodbye, as she and I are going through the same thing at the moment): https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/01/arts/music/marina-ancient-dreams-in-a-modern-land.html  The last paragraph also touches on some of the criticisms that seem pretty common in this thread. 

giphy.gif

I can't believe there's something left in my chest anymore 

27 minutes ago, Formation said:

Confirmation on her breakup (I'm going to sob to Goodbye, as she and I are going through the same thing at the moment): https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/01/arts/music/marina-ancient-dreams-in-a-modern-land.html  The last paragraph also touches on some of the criticisms that seem pretty common in this thread. 

„Post ‘Electra Heart,’ I felt kind of ashamed, like this isn’t really who I am“ :xcry:

“It’s the closest cousin in the discography to that first record,” Davies said. “It’s her most indie, alternative record yet.”

And we can see that, we are so excited. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

53 minutes ago, Formation said:

and for anyone who wants to get past the paywall w/o paying or making an account, theres a chrome extension for it (instructions further down if u scroll)

i always figured that she wrote froot solo because she just missed writing alone, not necessarily that it was borne from the shame she felt of being misrepresented on EH. this part also made my heart hurt:

“On ‘Goodbye’ I was crying so hard as I was writing it that I actually couldn’t record the demo properly,” 

:crai:

2 hours ago, Yes To Heaven said:

https://dbree.org/v/c6dc03 : snippet of the updated version of Pink Covertible. Hope it leaks in full.

I’m so in love with this. She really hit it out of the ball park this era. Hopefully, it’ll do well and she’ll release this

Spoiler

Or we’ll all sit patiently and wait for it to leak

Everytime I try to fly, I fall

I never liked that ginger guy from clean bandit but it must really suck to end a relationship after so many years together. They seemed very happy together and I actully thought they would marry and stuff. 

I just hope Marina feels better in the future and ends up happier than ever. 

ddbf9f67d5d606fd309eba5825b44324b0a60919

God's dead, I said, "Baby, that's alright with me"

don't get me wrong but I LOVE her sad anthems and I think I will love Goodbye with all my heart. I love when artists pour their heart and emotions on songs, it turns out to be very relatable sometimes let alone Marina's beautiful melodies which is a plus :toofunny: I want the album now

1 hour ago, cherryblossoms said:

Is that audio looped or does she deadass repeat Pink Convertible 800 times :rip:

bye she sings pink convertible? i deadass thought she was saying ‘think I’ve heard about, living in the free world’ this whole time :awkney:

RVhKIwP.gif