Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

1 minute ago, GroupieLove said:
  Reveal hidden contents

New America sounds good so far

Spoiler

nvm i just got to the "fucked with the foodchain" bs :rip: she just HAD to ruin it with those clunky lyrics AGAIN, its like she's asking to get dragged. oh well...

25 minutes ago, Lentilus said:

So what's the T? Is Marina dragging Lana on that lyric: why be a wildflower when  you can be a fly trap. ??????

I don't think she knew about WW when she wrote VFT

Ok, first listen:

Spoiler

The production is truly outstanding, some very interesting choices regarding instrumentals and some very smart, playful songs. Quite a rich-sounding record for the most of it.

Not a fan of the ballads, though, at least for now. They sound kinda standard for me. 

Anyway, it's very visible how much work her and her producers have put into the album, how creative it is on it's core, and also I find admirable the fact that she's gone explicit again regarding her critical views of the world (even if I can not share them, or find them a bit shallow sometimes), going back to the sharpness that was her brand till Froot and that she watered down on L+F.

Venus Flytrap, Purge the Poison, New America and Man's World are the most interesting ones for me right now. About the ballads, I actually didn't care a lot about any of them in the first listen.

This album is overall great. I hope critics and fans will appreciate it as it deserves. 

Spoiler

Flowers > Goodbye > PB

7 minutes ago, GroupieLove said:

Well that was a quick listen  The album is very short, IMO this is an improvement from Over+Panned but she definitely can do better than that.mp3

She didn't lie on Venus Fly Trap eh

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

New America bangs hard but...

Spoiler

The lyrics ummm "You got a job, and a car, and a good dental plan

You got health insurance, pocket money

Damn"

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

9 minutes ago, GroupieLove said:

Well that was a quick listen  The album is very short, IMO this is an improvement from Over+Panned but she definitely can do better than that.mp3

I agree it’s too short which makes the album repetitive. Needs at least 15 songs.

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

This truly feels like a Marina album and follow up to Froot. In fact, I feel like in some ways it takes the best parts of the first 3 records to make something unique.

Venus Flytrap is THE ONE though. I'm happy she saved it to launch the album.

自由になる自由がある

Also, kinda shocked at how she paints Jack to be kind of a dick on the later half songs given they were together for quite some time

Anyways stream Ancient Dreams until Venus Flytrap is released :nails:

自由になる自由がある

I just finished my first listen and it's definitely a good album. It is very Marina and none of these tracks could have been written/sung by any other singer (unlike most of the songs from her previous album). The highs for me are def Man's World, Purge The Poison, Highly Emotional People & New America. Like most of Marina's music I'll definitely need time because her songs need time to grow on me. VFT is very Family Jewels and I really like that. It's a bit chaotic ngl but so is PTP and I grew to looove that song. The first seconds of Pandora's Box are very Billie Eilish imo and then it turns into Happy (LOL). Only song that is kinda meh for me is Goodbye. The chorus does nothing for me on first listen and I kinda don't see it growing. We'll see. The album needed more songs because one weak songs can drag it down. That's the risk when you release a 10 track album. I really want PC and Happy Loner. I think both would have worked perfectly with the album. And Flowers would have been a good closer. Goodbye should have been cut.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-3260-1375807715-35.

2 minutes ago, ConstableReggie said:

bgjpn34cio371.jpg?width=2108&format=pjpgokay but why wasn’t this the album cover ?

because she looks fucking DUMB, what is that look on her face? with that look the wig looks horrendous and the way right side of the curls got up is really annoying. this is worse than the cover.

2 minutes ago, AKASAKA SAWAYAMA said:

because she looks fucking DUMB, what is that look on her face? with that look the wig looks horrendous and the way right side of the curls got up is really annoying. this is worse than the cover.

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9526680670b8546c20ef9

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif