Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

10 minutes ago, AKASAKA SAWAYAMA said:

because she looks fucking DUMB, what is that look on her face? with that look the wig looks horrendous and the way right side of the curls got up is really annoying. this is worse than the cover.

It’s literally the same facial expression she has on the Froot cover..

4 minutes ago, AKASAKA SAWAYAMA said:

who is your dealer
ol5z9qz.png

yup.. just about the same facial expression... idk what you’re on about :biblio:

the only difference is the different makeup look and the slight head tilt in the adiaml one

30 minutes ago, konnichiwalski said:
  Hide contents

Also, kinda shocked at how she paints Jack to be kind of a dick on the later half songs given they were together for quite some time

Anyways stream Ancient Dreams until Venus Flytrap is released :nails:

man i met jack and honestly he was so rude/mean to me and other fans who were extremely kind to him

Her facial expression in that outtake is very somber & her body language is just... dead. She’s limply standing there like she’s literally just standing there looking sad lmao it really doesn’t fit the album at all. I don’t know what the hell ya’ll are smoking saying that should have been the official cover but please share some with the rest of us. :rip: 

14417469274.gif

6 minutes ago, brandon said:

I just feel like the alt pic makes sense, ya know, the breakup songs, the whole concern about the world falling apart... it’s not necessarily a happy album :rollin:

I got a theory that the alt pic visualises the personal side of the album and those breakup songs, while the main cover the political side of it.

Back to the music, at this moment I am confused. The singles have been excellent but the rest of the album is a song about her being a millionaire and then lots of tracks about how Jack is an arsehole (wbk). I don't know what to think about it right now. A good album though, for sure.

original.gif

Why are we complaining about Marina's covers? We are in a Lana Del Rey forum. I thought that our standards were on the floor

At this point, I'm loving any artwork that it's not a selphie

Lanaboards In summery when an album is released ..
Day 1 of release/leak - ‘OMG this is her best album ever Magnum OPUS bitches..VENUS FLY TRAP!!’ 

…2 weeks later -‘ Ancient Dreams aged like milk, it just lacks something…It’s never going to be Froot, I’m so sick of Venus Fly Trap it’s too short and got old fast, it’s too political!  Marina is repeating what she’s already done before!  I’m bored! Where is Pink Convertible!! ??? *endless whining*’

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

4 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

Lanaboards In summery when an album is released ..
Day 1 of release/leak - ‘OMG this is her best album ever Magnum OPUS bitches..VENUS FLY TRAP!!’ 

…2 weeks later -‘ Ancient Dreams aged like milk, it just lacks something…It’s never going to be Froot, I’m so sick of Venus Fly Trap it’s too short and got old fast, Marina is repeating what she’s already done before!  I’m bored! Where is Pink Convertible!! ??? *endless whining*’

sad but true. 

55 minutes ago, cinnamongirI said:

i still think that the purge the poison cover shouldve been the album cover

period!

Okay I caved and listened to the leak….

Will need a little time to sit with them bc there’s obviously a recency bias, but this might be some of her best work!! No tracks I dislike so far

Not to be dramatic but this album feels like a blessing from the universe given how much what she is writing about concerns how I feel/am going through at the moment. Froot likewise felt like the record I needed in 2015, and this is just so special for me. So glad to be a fan of Marina

giphy.gif

I can't believe there's something left in my chest anymore