Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

4 minutes ago, JimmyJimmy said:

I’ll be watching the livestream in Australia. Is it filmed once then shown for each region, including the after party? Or is there three separate “concerts” and after parties? 

With Duas it was just filmed once then live-streamed, so I assume it’ll be like that! 

giphy.gif

I can't believe there's something left in my chest anymore 

29 minutes ago, vrtvie said:

Are you serious? I've been praising this album all along before it l**ked and been in love with every single, especially Man's World that so many of you decided to ditch after a few days. :smokes2: Go find another person to spread your toxicity on just because I did not like New America as much as you did lol. 

I didn't even listened to the album and I agree with your point about the lyrics.

Saying that she's a millionaire in between political tracks is extremely distasteful. Only by the snippet, I noticed that the New America lyrics were shallow.

I grew up around protest music, so it's hard to listen to some things without thinking that it's cringe

1 minute ago, vrtvie said:

Are you serious? I've been praising this album all along before it l**ked and been in love with every single, especially Man's World that so many of you decided to ditch after a few days. :smokes2: Go find another person to spread your toxicity on just because I did not like New America as much as you did lol. 

Lol. obv I'm not serious. I just don't like reviews when someone find stupid ways to express what they don't like about something. Focusing on the negativity is toxic and It's annoying for the ppl who actually like the song and the lyrics. :w8ing:Go focus on what's wrong about everything in ur ears but in jail.

Flowers and Goodbye are skips for me for example but I don't need waste my time to express what is wrong about these two tracks - just skip them and focus about what's good - Venus Fly Trap on repeat.

Man's World btw. is god tier. Idk why is it so underrated. MAC situation.

Mmeow~

3 minutes ago, DeluluKing said:

Lol. obv I'm not serious. I just don't like reviews when someone find stupid ways to express what they don't like about something. Focusing on the negativity is toxic and It's annoying for the ppl who actually like the song and the lyrics. :w8ing:Go focus on what's wrong about everything in ur ears but in jail.

Flowers and Goodbye are skips for me for example but I don't need waste my time to express what is wrong about these two tracks - just skip them and focus about what's good - Venus Fly Trap on repeat.

Man's World btw. is god tier. Idk why is it so underrated. MAC situation.

Then don't read reviews at all because it's their job, to say both good and bad things about the tracks. Not "a skip, idc, bye".

original.gif

Sooo I was weak and gave in.

Highly Emotional People was a highlight for me during the first listen. It's really one of her big, touching ballads.

VFT is not as exciting as I figured it would be. I like the TFJ-ish vibes, but i feel like that song really NEEDED to be a bit longer. Not in a "it's so good I want it to be longer" kind of way,  but more because I feel those 2:30mins are a bit overloaded and rushed. The groovy part that she posted in her snippet is the best part.

Flowers on the other hand feels a tad too long. I like it but it gets a bit repetitive after a while.

New America on the other hand is much better than I expected ... The repeating of the word "America" during the chorus is a bit weird but all in all the lyrics actually work out quite well.

Both Goodbye and I Love You But I Love Me More are really solid songs with grower potential. ILYBILMM has a slight CPMD-vibe and Goodbye could have been from a TJF sequel.

The album as a whole is really nice, yet not what I would have imagined based on the singles - I expected more stuff in the vein of the title track.
It feels really short aswell. But I'm satisfied, it's definitly a nice piece of music.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

people hating on "new america" for being political 

did she lie?!?!?!? lmao points were made. It's really annoying for people to keep saying this over and over again. criticism is one thing, but shes allowed to sing about whatever she wants. 

overall i think its a big step up from L+F hoping we get a deluxe with an extra song or two cause its pretty short. I'll still purchase :D

Burn me at the stake guys, please, but I think I enjoy better "Flop + Tears" :rip: I hate me so fucking much. 

To me the singles are the best songs + the gorgeous High Emotional People + Venus Fly Trap

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

2 minutes ago, EXODUS said:

Burn me at the stake guys, please, but I think I enjoy better "Flop + Tears" :rip: I hate me so fucking much. 

To me the singles are the best songs + the gorgeous High Emotional People + Venus Fly Trap

L+F Is not a bad album -.- Idk. why ppl hate it.

Mmeow~

5 minutes ago, DeluluKing said:

L+F Is not a bad album -.- Idk. why ppl hate it.

I don't hate it and I don't think it's a bad album overall, but to me (and many fans) it's really subpar compared to her first trilogy. 

I really hope once the album is out in Lossless or at least in Spotify, I will like it more. It has potential. 

And king, I really hope New America grows on me because God knows how much I stan Marina 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde