Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

32 minutes ago, sweetcinnamoncherry said:

I think you're right! Also, I just realized that "Q.T." probably means Quentin Tarantino haha

oh i figured it was a play on words and the QT was just like pronounced as it sounds so her name was just cutie cutie lmaoo

The 30 second snippet on Instagram yesterday was better than her previous album.

I LOVED the video and the song, the only problem its too short. Im so excited for this album. I loved all the songs except mans world. So hyped for friday! yay!

Hd7c-1.gif

2 minutes ago, hashtagtylerh said:

So who's Electra, "Action Angel"? I assumed it's her since she blew up the Hollywood sign (like Electra isn't a Primadonna anymore/wants to destroy Hollywood) but who knows

Electra’s QT cutie I guess, the blonde wig, graphic tee reminiscent of her t-shirt line she did that era, the scene at the diner a la radioactive

just grown up and looking more mature

20 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

Not if she had put a 15 instrumental intro and a 15 instrumental outro, with some tiny breaks between the verses or something. A 3:15 would've been much more enjoyable than what it actually is!

true! imagine an electric guitar outro :defeated:

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

1 minute ago, brandon said:

Electra’s QT cutie I guess, the blonde wig, graphic tee reminiscent of her t-shirt line she did that era, the scene at the diner a la radioactive

just grown up and looking more mature

Maybe, I just don't really think it looks anything like Electra. Could be any of them tbh, I guess it doesn't really matter I just feel like Action Angel makes the most sense. Weird she would explicitly say there's an Electra cameo when it doesn't add anything to the story or even aesthetic lol

2 minutes ago, hashtagtylerh said:

Maybe, I just don't really think it looks anything like Electra. Could be any of them tbh, I guess it doesn't really matter I just feel like Action Angel makes the most sense. Weird she would explicitly say there's an Electra cameo when it doesn't add anything to the story or even aesthetic lol

I think it’s just because when she posted the teaser vid yesterday everyone was replying to it like “omg electra!!” (just like everyone did when she posted a picture of the wig on her story a few months back) so she was just acknowledging it. The wig is definitely super different but it’s def a little similar

25 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

I find it funny how people used to tease her and call her poor and ‘can I buy you a happy meal marina’ and now she has to keep mentioning she’s a millionaire.  :cuckoo:

Right? 

She made a fucking joke about making her label going bankrupt and people bought that ? 

Not even Melanie Martinez is poor after asking for that much money for her floppy movie. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

Definitely my favorite single this era, seeing as I hated the other ones! This really should have been the first one, imo. It felt like it went by in a blink of an eye, though.

I actually love the millionairess line. She's right--she truly did it her own way and she should be proud of that.

let me be who i'm meant to be

1 hour ago, hashtagtylerh said:

Edit: People on Twitter are assuming it's the one with the light hair and thin eyebrows but I doubt it, looks nothing like Electra. Also Marina's Tweet says "cameo" which would make sense if it's Action Angel since she's only in the video for a few moments

Idk why i keep replying to this but it just doesn’t make any sense :toofunny: Action angel doesn’t look anything like electra either....? Also, that character is a charlie’s angels reference. although near the end of the electra era marina had black hair - electra is mostly characterized as blonde & vintage esque, so

either way, i don’t think any of them are *meant* to be electra, it’s just a similarity fans pointed out

absolutely in LOVE with venus fly trap it got that tfj signature style i never thought i'd hear again :flutter: very nostalgic sound, reminds me of the outsider

Okay purr her best video in a LONG time. Probably one of her best music videos she’s ever released. The song is cute too! But like many other have said, it could benefit from another 30 seconds or so. 

woah, she really came back with fire this era, not a single song was ugly and everything SLAPS. she's looking so confident, happy, and proud!! and i love to see it. also the visuals are SO GOOD???? i'm blown away :defeated: this is the sound we were all expecting after froot, so glad she's back being the best version of herself.

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever