Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

11 minutes ago, Party1949 said:

I also don't get which character this refers to... like

New Wave Woman = blue eyeshadow Marina (I love it but I'm actually not sure whether this outfit is styled in a new wave way - for me it should look like... definitely 80s while Marina is dressed in 60s Twiggie-like attire? Correct me if I'm wrong)

Silent Film Star = the "older Electra"

Horror Flick Chick = Marina in jeans

Action Angel = Marina in black leather catsuit

Q.T. Cutie = ?????

I had the same question :toofunny: but someone a few pages said it refers to the colorized version of the silent movie star after the horror flick scene? which makes sense given the order of appearance & how her vibe changes when she’s in color 

2 hours ago, PeroxidePrincess said:

Idk if that was pointed out but in the credits there are the characters she plays:

New Wave Woman

Silent Film Star

Horror Flick Chick

Q.T. Cutie

Action Angel

What does Q.T. mean?

I'm pretty sure its supposed to stand for "Quentin Tarantino" since all of the characters Marina plays are based off of certain types of movies and Tarantino is known for directing a very specific genre 

Some examples of his work are Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill, and Once Upon a Time in Hollywood 

Plus it is a play on "cutie" haha

3 hours ago, PeroxidePrincess said:

Idk if that was pointed out but in the credits there are the characters she plays:

New Wave Woman

Silent Film Star

Horror Flick Chick

Q.T. Cutie

Action Angel

What does Q.T. mean?

I think as someone else mentioned here "Q.T." might stand for Quentin Tarantino. The "Q.T. Cutie" character is the one in the diner, and the whole aesthetic is very reminiscent of Pulp Fiction

I really enjoyed the VFT Music Video. The aesthetic, the vibes, the electra heart reference, everything was so good.

The song itself was amazing anyways but the video made me love it even more. 

ddbf9f67d5d606fd309eba5825b44324b0a60919

God's dead, I said, "Baby, that's alright with me"

CD + zine will arrive Monday :wub: So excited!

Speaking of zines, wasn’t an issue supposed to accompany each single? Or be inspired by it? Hoping we’ll get a bundle with the remaining 7” + zines ?

I just can't stop listening to this song all right... It's so addictive because it feels so empowering like listening to it makes me feel that I, too, am a millionairess :toofloppy: The one and only issue with this song is that it's way too short

ZKcaooE.png

I fell in love with the song. This is really her Oh No! and Bubblegum Bitch of this era. This is the quality pop we need. Don't mind it being so short, it just makes it more addictive and the listener willing to repeat again and again. A longer version would probably be a little exhausting.

original.gif

9 hours ago, ConstableReggie said:

I think as someone else mentioned here "Q.T." might stand for Quentin Tarantino. The "Q.T. Cutie" character is the one in the diner, and the whole aesthetic is very reminiscent of Pulp Fiction

and maybe cuz all of Tarantino's movies were under Harvey Weinstein's production company, hence her tshirt but idk could be all coincidental 

18 minutes ago, MrFameKills said:

and maybe cuz all of Tarantino's movies were under Harvey Weinstein's production company, hence her tshirt but idk could be all coincidental 

Whaaat :oprah2:  You're so right! That's definitely not a coincidence. Chapeau bas.

original.gif

3 hours ago, HEARTCORE said:

the dissection of the credits on here...it's not that serious

What is wrong with talking about it though? It's nice to have some discussion which is not "yass this is great" or "eeew this is shit"

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!