Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

47 minutes ago, BluebirdXO said:

Is this really her most personal album or the critic is just saying random things?

It’s definitely pretty personal, especially the ballads, but idk about most personal. I’d say it’s probably tied with froot?

20 minutes ago, brandon said:

It’s definitely pretty personal, especially the ballads, but idk about most personal. I’d say it’s probably tied with froot?

Thanks ❤

This got me excited to hear her ballads

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop/9585629/marina-interview-ancient-dreams-in-a-modern-land-album/ 

marina acknowledging that a lot of her fans didn’t like love and fear and that’s what made her do a much wilder album this time around.. lmaoooo

Im glad she takes our thoughts into account tho

18 minutes ago, brandon said:

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop/9585629/marina-interview-ancient-dreams-in-a-modern-land-album/ 

marina acknowledging that a lot of her fans didn’t like love and fear and that’s what made her do a much wilder album this time around.. lmaoooo

I'm glad the draggings work in this stance.

自由になる自由がある

36 minutes ago, brandon said:

That pic in hq :defeated: she's always looked amazing but this era you can just see her shining 

This is a very nitpicky critique, but does anyone else feel like the transitions between verses/choruses on this album feel a little off?

Spoiler

Like the transition between the post-chorus and bridge of Flowers, or chorus to second verse in Pandora's box. It's so subtle but sometimes they don't feel like the timing is perfect lol

giphy.gif

I can't believe there's something left in my chest anymore 

LOVE the new singles and video!

I objectively liked the songs on Love + Fear from a place of auditory pleasure, but I just didn’t feel as connected to them thematically and stylistically, so I didn’t really keep up with Marina as much as I did with her first three records, but this next album is really shaping up to be amazing. The writing, melodies, and production are all killer, and they’ve reminded me of why I felt so drawn to Marina in the first place back about 10 years ago :flutter: can’t wait to hear the full record tonight! <3

3 hours ago, BluebirdXO said:

Is this really her most personal album or the critic is just saying random things?

Not as personal as TFJ and FROOT but yeah

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup: