Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

If Marina had a monthly podcast I would gladly listen to it. I just love hearing this woman talk

TW for ED:

https://open.spotify.com/episode/2y13Ly1BdJbIcqbKY4zrDJ?si=DwVlRxu9Tbqy71alS23ApQ&utm_source=copy-link&dl_branch=1

Jameela was kinda annoying sometimes, but they have a nice chemistry and it was a nice talk

3 hours ago, peach perfume said:

I'm desperate to know who the "Her" is at the end of the first verse :pout: 

There's a theory that says this song is about Jack cheating on her. And the woman was a girl not really in their lifes, that's why she says that "for her it's just another day", bc for the woman it didn't mean anything, maybe she doesn't know Jack was with Marina

Ooh honestly I thought I was gonna end up loving the record based on the reviews but this album just sounds kinda all over the place imo. The last half is particularly jarring with the constant back and forth between the slower songs and the more upbeat ones.

Also I feel like there isn’t really much of a singular idea/message that shines through with all of the songs exploring such different topics lyrically.

In any case, it’s so nice hearing her grow with every album and Highly Emotional People almost made me tear up. Marina has such a knack for writing about vulnerability in the most human way :defeated:

1 minute ago, Yosemite said:

what a nice setlist

Sorta hoped it would be a little longer, and was hoping for a few more songs from older albums, but I’m v glad we’re getting a performance of (almost) every song from the album (rip flowers) 

7 minutes ago, brandon said:

Sorta hoped it would be a little longer, and was hoping for a few more songs from older albums, but I’m v glad we’re getting a performance of (almost) every song from the album (rip flowers) 

I mean, it’s pretty much ~1hour long. I remember Madison Beer’s being like ~50min

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

3 minutes ago, Yosemite said:

I mean, it’s pretty much ~1hour long. I remember Madison Beer’s being like ~50min

Well… that makes sense for Madison beer and her one album I guess:hooker:

but anyways usually concerts are like 90-120 minutes so I thought it might be somewhere around there (especially given it’s prerecorded, so she could take breaks and stuff)

42 minutes ago, brandon said:

Well… that makes sense for Madison beer and her one album I guess:hooker:

but anyways usually concerts are like 90-120 minutes so I thought it might be somewhere around there (especially given it’s prerecorded, so she could take breaks and stuff)

Well, I don’t know what type of concerts you use to go but who’s doing 120min? Lmao

Even Lana always does 60-90 (and she doesn’t have only 1 album :creep:)

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

17 hours ago, urgirl said:

I’m depressed seeing everyone’s positive reactions cuz I was really disappointed by the album...

Maybe you have to give it a few more listens. I've been listening since the leak and many songs actually grew on me because I didn't like them. 

13 hours ago, strangeandwild said:

There's a theory that says this song is about Jack cheating on her. And the woman was a girl not really in their lifes, that's why she says that "for her it's just another day", bc for the woman it didn't mean anything, maybe she doesn't know Jack was with Marina

So that's why she says he fucked it up in another lyric. It all points to that tbh. It's such a shame cause they were together for so long.

ddbf9f67d5d606fd309eba5825b44324b0a60919

God's dead, I said, "Baby, that's alright with me"

17 minutes ago, BluebirdXO said:

Concert of an album with almost all the songs of the album :flutter:

I mean, it’s not like she was restricted for time so she could have put Flowers in there and released a full live album - I’m guessing she’s going to do that anyway, but..

Happy worked perfectly as a piano ballad cause all the other tracks on FROOT were so different that it stood out wonderfully, but on ADIAML half of the songs are boring piano ballads and it's just boring to hear them back to back?

as for the half of the album that's not ballads, it's really good, Venus Fly Trap is a career highlight

overall there's really no musical growth from FROOT but at least it's better than L+F

55 minutes ago, Yosemite said:

Well, I don’t know what type of concerts you use to go but who’s doing 120min? Lmao

Even Lana always does 60-90 (and she doesn’t have only 1 album :creep:)

Charli did 20 songs when I saw her, the full Charli album + 4/5 songs, marina could've easily done that too and maybe sneak in pink convertible since she didn't have time constraints but whatever