Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

the best concert set would've been:

• 10 - all the tracks from ADIAML since she's supposed to be promoting it
  • 4 - one song from each past era
  • 1 - Pink Convertible

and MAYBE add INHA as a nod to the fans who want it released or something... but IDK 

11 minutes ago, Charlottexseax said:

Charli did 20 songs when I saw her, the full Charli album + 4/5 songs, marina could've easily done that too and maybe sneak in pink convertible since she didn't have time constraints but whatever 

She'll play some songwriting demos at the afterparty so let's see.

Yes, she could've done a longer set, but it's not bad as it is, since most concerts go between 60-90min, and hers is ~60min

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

2 hours ago, Bloody Valentine said:

So that's why she says he fucked it up in another lyric. It all points to that tbh. It's such a shame cause they were together for so long.

It's not a shame. She clearly wasn't happy with him. All this mental breakdown with her hair cut, alcohol drinking, psychology course, name change, even visits to Japan to find the meaning of life, let alone flowers fascination, and then desperate songs about happiness on L+F that she herself has admitted now were made because she was failing at trying to be happy. The whole L+F is just her being scared to love Jack and expecting more, but too afraid to say something bad to him, to lose him, etc. etc. Also "there's no heartbreak left to feel, it happened years ago"... And she even replied to a fan on IG during Clean Bandit livestream or something on IG that: What is Love? [CB's album title] "It is when you give and expect nothing in return." Poor thing, Marina. I think it all is really a tragic story. Now she seems in a better mindset and even if not, I hope she finds someone more valuable who makes her feel pure joy in life.

original.gif

56 minutes ago, vrtvie said:

It's not a shame. She clearly wasn't happy with him. All this mental breakdown with her hair cut, alcohol drinking, psychology course, name change, even visits to Japan to find the meaning of life, let alone flowers fascination, and then desperate songs about happiness on L+F that she herself has admitted now were made because she was failing at trying to be happy. The whole L+F is just her being scared to love Jack and expecting more, but too afraid to say something bad to him, to lose him, etc. etc. Also "there's no heartbreak left to feel, it happened years ago"... And she even replied to a fan on IG during Clean Bandit livestream or something on IG that: What is Love? [CB's album title] "It is when you give and expect nothing in return." Poor thing, Marina. I think it all is really a tragic story. Now she seems in a better mindset and even if not, I hope she finds someone more valuable who makes her feel pure joy in life.

tiffany pollard GIFs - Primo GIF - Latest Animated GIFs

Honestly, I think the speculation on if he cheated or not doesn’t matter at this point because it’s clear the relationship was toxic + she had been unhappy for a long time. We obviously don’t know the in’s and out’s but I can definitely relate to the sentiment she has in most of the ballads that sort of paint the hope she had as something that weighed heavy on her shoulders as time went on because nothing actually changed. 

jack can still count his days, but I always appreciate how marina reflects on her own actions / feelings as well. 

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

1 hour ago, vrtvie said:

Love and Fear indeed.
:crai:

Can't wait for The G*ardian to give the album 6/10 and Peetchfork a 7.5 :makeup:

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

pandora's box, flowers and highly emotional people:crai:

also i hope she adds more uk dates later on as sis can't attend any of those dates:noparty: i assume she'll announce more european ones too as there's not many...

Title track - 10

Venus Fly Trap - 10

Man's World - 8

Purge the Poison - 5

Highly Emotional People - 9

New America - 8

Pandora's Box - 3

I Love You - 8

Flowers - 10

Goodbye - 10

So far! 

1 minute ago, PARADIXO said:

Title track - 10

Venus Fly Trap - 10

Man's World - 8

Purge the Poison - 5

Highly Emotional People - 9

New America - 8

Pandora's Box - 3

I Love You - 8

Flowers - 10

Goodbye - 10

So far! 

The way this is damn near my exact ranking… your mind is so powerful

4 minutes until the first livestream :hype: I'm so excited!! x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Just now, Elle said:

4 minutes until the first livestream :hype: I'm so excited!! x

Is there any way to re-watch the livestream? I purchased the first one but I had an emergency :poordat: