Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

24 minutes ago, ConstableReggie said:
A fan asked why she never put INHA on Spotify and she responded "I didn't put it on Spotify because someone leaked it, so I was like 'what's the point'" 

which is weird.. because when she originally said she would put it on spotify.. it had already been leaked for like, years, which she must have known. - so why did she say it in the first place :crossed:

8 minutes ago, mansfield ringer said:

Why does nobody ever ask about vinyl restocks :( sick of seeing people price FROOT at $300+

Someone did actually! Here's a clip of her responding to a question about a FROOT restock - 

One of my favourite Marina collectors got to meet her today and it made me sooo happy he finally met her after 12 years of being a fan! His collection is insane!

A post shared by JD (@pissychu)

Did anyone here get to meet her today or is preparing to tomorrow? My M&G is tomorrow and I'm sooo excited! I need to think of what I want to say, but I'm sure I'll just word vomit again lol x 

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

2 minutes ago, Elle said:

Did anyone here get to meet her today or is preparing to tomorrow? My M&G is tomorrow and I'm sooo excited! I need to think of what I want to say, but I'm sure I'll just word vomit again lol x 

Don't forget to update us on how it was ❤

I'm loving seeing everyone's interactions with her 

I haven't even listened to the album in full yet. I do like Highly Emotional People, but on first listen of the others in the last half, I was not super impressed. 

BUT since I love half of the album, this is a total success for me :smile4:

14 minutes ago, Elle said:

Meeee!! I'm SO excited but I'm also incredibly nervous lol. I've barely prepared what to say because I really want to ask her something unique but I know I'll just end up telling her how much she's inspired me and my own music :krylie:  Regardless, I'm still looking forward to it!! You'll have to tell us how your M&G wentttt !! 

34 minutes ago, Ultra Violet said:

I haven't even listened to the album in full yet. I do like Highly Emotional People, but on first listen of the others in the last half, I was not super impressed. 

BUT since I love half of the album, this is a total success for me :smile4:

Ironic how I liked every song at first listen except for HEP hahah. It’s growing on me but overall this album blew me away. I find myself humming her melodies all day :wub:

On 6/17/2021 at 6:58 AM, EXODUS said:

Pitchfork became unreliable years ago lol

6.6 is definitely low but it didn’t deserve anything higher than 7.5

5 hours ago, ConstableReggie said:

A fan asked why she never put INHA on Spotify and she responded "I didn't put it on Spotify because someone leaked it, so I was like 'what's the point'" :toofunny:

this is bullshit but I genuinely believe she believes it just like Charli had a completely wrong idea of what songs had leaked and what songs hadn’t she probably does too… 

I do hope for a demo re-issue cause she has been talking about making one for years and it looks like it’s our best option

6 hours ago, The Stargirl Pinky said:

Ironic how I liked every song at first listen except for HEP hahah. It’s growing on me but overall this album blew me away. I find myself humming her melodies all day :wub:

Okay thats a good sign :flutter: I think I just need to be in the mood for the slower songs. They've always been good on her other albums

5 hours ago, MrFameKills said:

Are these M&Gs available to watch anywhere, i love listening to her talk tbh

I love hearing her talk too ❤

If she had a monthly podcast, I wouldn't miss a single episode

3 hours ago, Charlottexseax said:

6.6 is definitely low but it didn’t deserve anything higher than 7.5

this is bullshit but I genuinely believe she believes it just like Charli had a completely wrong idea of what songs had leaked and what songs hadn’t she probably does too… 

I do hope for a demo re-issue cause she has been talking about making one for years and it looks like it’s our best option

She was fully aware of it being leaked when she said I'll put it on Spotify.

This is one for quite hardcore long term fans, it's okay if you discovered me last week, but I just need to explain the song I'm going to play next so; it's a song called I'm Not Hungry Anymore and it's never been released. I don't know, shit happens, it got leaked. This was for my last record called FROOT, and I'm very touched actually at how much fans are insane about it. Funny enough I don't feel any pressure, you're not going to get the version you heard online.* [Fan screams put it on Spotify] Put it on Spotify? Yes I will put it on Spotify.

41 minutes ago, White Picket Chemtrails said:

She was fully aware of it being leaked when she said I'll put it on Spotify.

This is one for quite hardcore long term fans, it's okay if you discovered me last week, but I just need to explain the song I'm going to play next so; it's a song called I'm Not Hungry Anymore and it's never been released. I don't know, shit happens, it got leaked. This was for my last record called FROOT, and I'm very touched actually at how much fans are insane about it. Funny enough I don't feel any pressure, you're not going to get the version you heard online.* [Fan screams put it on Spotify] Put it on Spotify? Yes I will put it on Spotify.

Yes I know she was, I’m just saying I genuinely believe she has changed her mind

Just like Charli, artists have a different view of of leaked music should be handled 

When she said she was gonna put it on Spotify, didn't she mean a new reworked piano version? So she actually didn't have to change her mind -- she might see no purpose in releasing the exact same leaked version.

original.gif

6 minutes ago, vrtvie said:

When she said she was gonna put it on Spotify, didn't she mean a new reworked piano version? So she actually didn't have to change her mind -- she might see no purpose in releasing the exact same leaked version.

if it’s a boring ass piano ballad I don’t want it… the synth/dream pop production of FROOT is what makes the song tbh