Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

6 hours ago, domandapiano said:

It’s just like…. why does anyone care one way or the other :dmd:

Actually, that was my overall point. Why does anybody care if their faves are friends or not? 

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

11 hours ago, COCC said:

https://marinaandthediamonds.fandom.com/wiki/Lana_Del_Rey#Marina_and_Lana

Reveal hidden contents

In July 2011, Marina wrote on Twitter: "Could not handle Lana Del Rey's beauty tonight. She is 1 of the true beauty queens. Listen to her music. Love u, gf."[1]. Lana wrote to her later: "Love You- Didn't wanna say Goodbye", to which Marina replied: "I never wanna say g'bye to the Princess of Oi"[2]. More than a month later, in September 2011, Lana wrote to Marina: "How's My Girl?".

On January 1, 2012, Lana also wrote to Marina: "Thinking of you today. Happy New Years".

In September 2012, Marina quoted Lana Del Rey's words from an interview to BBC Radio 1[3], "I listen to a little [Marina's discography], She has a song called 'Teen Idle' that I really like", on Twitter[4].

In March 2015, Marina was asked thrice about Lana Del Rey.

In an interview to The Independent, Marina said: “At the starting everyone was comparing me to Lana [...] You will always be compared in that fashion when you are a girl. People zero in on the fashion, on stuff like ‘well, she’s a got a curl and Lana Del Rey has a curl... they must be the same thing’. I adore her, think she’s tremendously talented. However, I’m glad the comparison has gone away.”[5]

In an interview to I am hype, when asked about the possibility of a collaboration with Britney Spears or Lana Del Rey, she said: "With Britney Spears? That would be weird. Lana, I love Lana," later answering the question if Lana loves her too: "I think so. One thing is to love an artist and another thing is working with it. So it wouldn’t probably work, for example between me and Britney. But you never know, I love her so I will always be interested to do so. [When it comes to Lana] I do not know, I mean I haven’t seen her for four years. It really depends on the song, if you stay with the person, there are many other factors you know... So we’ll see, you never know. Never say never."[6]

In an interview to the Aquarian, an interviewer said to her: "Friends of mine always talk about you and Lana Del Rey being sort of the dream lineup," to which she replied: "You and half of the internet. That’s all that I see in my Twitter mentions. [...] I love her. I think we share a similar aesthetic in a way, my second album and her first one. I think we both obsessed over an icon, but yeah, I think she’s lovely."[7]

Lana thanked in the booklet of her album Lust for Life (2017), writing "Thank you Marina - for your friendship and your art". Marina did the same two years later.

In February 2017, Marina replied to a fan saying to her on Instagram that she should listen to Lana's song "Love", to which she replied "I have and I am. It's beautiful. Love her". Lana replied: "Angel".

In May 2017, Marina posted a video on Instagram with her and Lana, the first actual media that can be found online, in which they were seen together; Marina said to fans, being hugged by Lana: "I know you've been waiting for this for a long time, I have a surprise! We haven't seen each other for five years, and we know you're so supportive of our friendship, so we just wanted to send you some love." Lana posted later a picture of their friendship bracelets they bought at the Pygmy Hippo Shoppe in Los Angeles, captioned "I can't tell you how happy it made me to see this Angel. I don't even have the right words to explain how good it was to see her!" (Marina was seen wearing it when singing Disconnect live in June 2017). Among many videos/photos posted together, Lana captioned one "SISTERS".

In July 2017, Marina posted on Instagram a video from Lana's concert she attended.

The same month, Lana was asked on who she’d love to work with in an interview with Annie Mac. She said: “I love Rae Stremmurd, I love Swae (Lee), from that group. I really love Lil Yachty, just as people, you know, they make me smile and I just think they’re such amazing artists. I love Marina. I love Bat For Lashes, I love Natasha. Florence I really love.”[8]

Lana also spoke to Zane Lowe on Beats 1 Radio, where she said about Marina: “we always say we’ll do something but I don’t know what she’s gonna do with her music.”[9]

In October 2017, Lana was asked on her Instagram livestream about a collab with Marina, smiling and replying: "That's my girl".[10]

In December 2017, Marina posted on Instagram a photo of Lana with her cat at her house from summer. She also uploaded another pic taken together.

On February 26, 2018, Marina posted another pic with Lana captioned "Sis ?‍♀️", and Lana posted a pic with Marina dining together out captioned "Babe ?????". The same day, Del Rey hosted a livestream on Instagram showing her working on her sixth studio album, Norman Fucking Rockwell, with Jack Antonoff. Shortly afterwards, Diamandis posted a picture of herself, Del Rey and Antonoff together sparking rumours that a collaboration between the musicians was in the works,[11]. However, Marina answered on her Instagram Q&A in November 2018 that a collab between the two is not in plans.

In March 2018, Marina was dining out with Lana as well as Florence Welch and FKA twigs[12]. Marina also uploaded a pic wth Lana and FKA twigs[13].

On July 7, 2018, Del Rey was spotted with Marina on a street in LA.

In July 2018, Marina interviewed Lana for L'Officiel USA, asking her: "To what extent do you think our personalities are shaped by the way we look?"[14].

In September 2018, Marina spent more time with Lana and her family. Lana's father wrote: “We just adopted the beautiful Marina ... to celebrate the girls bought me a gansta Golden peanut necklace”. The same month, she added a selfie on Twitter captioned "Soy la princesa" (a lyric from Del Rey's song, Ultraviolence), to which Lana replied "Ugh ily".

In October 2018, Del Rey's father wished Marina happy birthday "from the whole fam".

In December 2018, Diamandis was again asked about her collab with Del Rey, saying "I would love to, 'cause I think she’s one of the best artists of our generation and I love her as a person, but I think it’s just a timing thing"[15].

Marina thanked Lana in the booklet of LOVE + FEAR (2019), writing "Thank you Lana - for your inspiring views on life. I appreciate our friendship so much."

In February 2019, Lana posted on Instagram a fragment of Marina's music video for her first single from her 4th album, "Handmade Heaven", captioned "Marina❤️".

In March 2019, Lana posted yet another picture with Marina on her Instagram[16].

Same month, Marina shared a poem written by Lana, ‘Quiet Waiter-Blue Forever’, adding: “Lana = an incredible poet”.[17]

I see but I never said Marina never liked Lana or Marina absolutely hates Lana, I said Marina doesn't like Lana (as in doesn't want to talk to her atm). At least that what it seems like recently and if it's true I assume it's because of the qftc mess. Your timeline cuts off at 2019 so my point still stands kinda.

Anyway, who the hell knows, they could be friends, they could be enemies, I really don't care and that was my entire point. It isn't actually that important.

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

23 hours ago, brandon said:

no, it’s a modern day tragedy:rollin:and i’m too lazy to do local files or whatever so whenever i wanna listen to them i gotta go to youtube :toofunny:

I'm SO SORRY for that loss of yours :poordat:

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

1 hour ago, BluebirdXO said:

What a miracle that Marina is keeping her mouth shut during Britney's hearing

She's busy counting her millionairess money earned because of her Purge the Poison streams. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

4 hours ago, BluebirdXO said:

What a miracle that Marina is keeping her mouth shut during Britney's hearing

I was thinking the same thing. I wonder if she’s going to get in contact with freebritney accounts again since she’s clearly invested (as she should be)

Everytime I try to fly, I fall

2 hours ago, Angelic Tropico said:

I was thinking the same thing. I wonder if she’s going to get in contact with freebritney accounts again since she’s clearly invested (as she should be)

I hope so. If Marina doesn't position herself, it's going to be weird, since she's a Britney fan and mentioned her in PTP.

Maybe she's waiting for the hearing to end, so she can write something inspiring, based on the results

given hermits sudden tiktok virality, do we think she’s gonna perform it at all on tour? :creep: 

i know she called it weird or whatever in an interview a few weeks ago but i feel like it could happen, especially with the few times she did are you satisfied during the l+f tour

16 hours ago, Doll Harlow said:

I know most of y'all don't like him but Fantano finally reviewed a whole Marina album. He gave ADIAML a 6. 

He seemed to liked all the songs that are not ballads a lot. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

Disappointed my album and magazine have still not arrived, this is very poor from her label. They keep blaming Covid-19…seriously I’ve had albums from independent artists arrive at my door on the day. So don’t give me the pandemic excuse.  If it’s not here next week I’m asking for a refund. 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

On 6/25/2021 at 9:06 PM, EXODUS said:

He seemed to liked all the songs that are not ballads a lot. 

the non-ballads are actually great and very strong thematically I really don’t understand why she had to throw that beautiful concept out of the window with 5 ballads with the same production and concept 

IDK it felt really unnecessary considering when she does ballads it’s always that 1-2 songs that stand out and make you appreciate them more, as opposed to half an album of em 

Exactly. As good as the album is, I still wish she made it mostly about the sociopolitics and welcomed female collaborations just as she promised to tell the whole story. This feels like two different EPs wrapped in one rather weak conceptually album. Also the way she ditched the project now, lol?

original.gif

On 6/25/2021 at 3:17 AM, Doll Harlow said:

I know most of y'all don't like him but Fantano finally reviewed a whole Marina album. He gave ADIAML a 6. 

With respect that guy would not understand music if it smacked him in the face, he’s misogynistic and seems to mostly only praise male artists. It’s clear his music taste is sexist. I don’t think we should give him our time.

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

I feel like the collab remixes would have been a great idea had it been executed better. A remix EP called Mystical Bitches with other female singers-producers would have slapped so hard tho

Like Arca, Kali Uchis, Mitski, Rina Sawayama, Kilo Kish, Caroline Polachek, St. Vincent, Allie X & Grimes could all have done really great remixes

FUGjsXqWAAAhpYH?format=jpg&name=900x900

3 minutes ago, Still Sane said:

I feel like the collab remixes would have been a great idea had it been executed better. A remix EP called Mystical Bitches with other female singers-producers would have slapped so hard tho

Like Arca, Kali Uchis, Mitski, Rina Sawayama, Kilo Kish, Caroline Polachek, St. Vincent, Allie X & Grimes could all have done really great remixes

Caroline on ADIAML & St. Vincent on Purge the Poison would've been so good actually... maybe Rina on Venus Fly Trap as well?  we deserved this actually

tumblr_inline_q2nkwneCwi1wb35v4_1280.png

Got a devil on my back as a tribute to my mother

3 minutes ago, Still Sane said:

I wish she kept it up with the other singles. When she dropped ADIAML (song), Allie X tweeted something like "reply YES to conform" and a lot of people thought she would be on the remix. I wish that it actually would've happened.

A lot of people have expressed interest in working with her, like Rina, Lily Allen, Banks, etc. so it would've been cool to see some of that this era. 

I find it so odd that quite a few times Marina has asked for female artists/collaborators/etc (I know one was just for the mans world video but whatever) yet when all these great female artists say how much they’d love to collab.. she seems to.. not care?:toofunny:

Of course Idk what goes on behind the scenes, but with some of these girls (allie, banks, rina, etc) they continually are like “yes i’d love to work with her!!!” - and I feel like if marina reached out/responded they’d eventually stop commenting stuff like that and actually do it but.. nope.. here they are.. still commenting away:rollin: