Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

7 hours ago, brandon said:

I find it so odd that quite a few times Marina has asked for female artists/collaborators/etc (I know one was just for the mans world video but whatever) yet when all these great female artists say how much they’d love to collab.. she seems to.. not care?:toofunny:

Of course Idk what goes on behind the scenes, but with some of these girls (allie, banks, rina, etc) they continually are like “yes i’d love to work with her!!!” - and I feel like if marina reached out/responded they’d eventually stop commenting stuff like that and actually do it but.. nope.. here they are.. still commenting away:rollin:

It was not. She now says it was but that's not true. She was really thinking about the collab album and later she said it did not work because of COVID restrictions or something, I remember it vaguely. Also Banks or someone said they were indeed talking. Anyway right now Marina doesn't care so whatever... which is stupid 'cause remixes are not made by her so she could still chill in Chile Mexico sipping her champagne. I don't know honestly what's going on. She really does not care at all.

For St. Vincent, I highly doubt she would be interested, but Allie X, Melanie, Rina, Polachek, Allen -- sure.

Here is Marina working with whom nobody asked her for, like Clean Bandit or that If I Left the World thing. Amazing, truly... And she also said that she's reaching out to artists that her fans listen to? Is she or her team on crack or what?  :toofloppy:

original.gif

9 hours ago, brandon said:

I find it so odd that quite a few times Marina has asked for female artists/collaborators/etc (I know one was just for the mans world video but whatever) yet when all these great female artists say how much they’d love to collab.. she seems to.. not care?:toofunny:

Of course Idk what goes on behind the scenes, but with some of these girls (allie, banks, rina, etc) they continually are like “yes i’d love to work with her!!!” - and I feel like if marina reached out/responded they’d eventually stop commenting stuff like that and actually do it but.. nope.. here they are.. still commenting away:rollin:

Actually she mentioned it on this new NME interview 

From what it seems, she was not exactly interested in artists to collab with, but people bts like producers, photographers, engineers etc. She even said that she might do another post like that one because she discovered a lot of great female creatives.

自由になる自由がある

It's quite amusing how you see other artists super collaborative between them like BANKS, Allie X, Tove Lo, RINA, Lorde, Phoebe Bridgers...

They are always seem very in contact and communicative between them. 

But with Marina, she seems like a lot of people like her and want to collab with her but Marina just kinda ignores their existence. It's sad. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

10 minutes ago, EXODUS said:

It's quite amusing how you see other artists super collaborative between them like BANKS, Allie X, Tove Lo, RINA, Lorde, Phoebe Bridgers...

They are always seem very in contact and communicative between them. 

But with Marina, she seems like a lot of people like her and want to collab with her but Marina just kinda ignores their existence. It's sad. 

Those artists aren’t actually collaborating though. I’m sure Marina DMs with them and stuff, otherwise I doubt people would keep being nice to her. It’s also clear that her inner circle is not necessarily other singers and instead just other creatives. I see what you mean but I don’t think we can judge her lack of interactions as negative per se 

giphy.gif

I can't believe there's something left in my chest anymore 

On 6/24/2021 at 10:17 PM, Doll Harlow said:

I know most of y'all don't like him but Fantano finally reviewed a whole Marina album. He gave ADIAML a 6. 

Fuck Fantano. He gives low ratings for females artists all the time. He did Fiona so dirty with "Fetch the boltcutters" who care what he thinks?

17 minutes ago, Deadly Cruel Girl said:

Is it true the album bombed? An album as good as this? No way!

Wtf... The album is by no means her best one, but how could this one debut at 92 while L+F did at 5?

21 minutes ago, Deadly Cruel Girl said:

I think that the delay with the vinyl and CDs messed with her numbers. Her medium fanbase is now a little older, so we buy and stream less than we did years ago

9 minutes ago, sjatib said:

Wtf... The album is by no means her best one, but how could this one debut at 92 while L+F did at 5?

I don't understand it either. How could this album done so badly. It's her best since Froot. :poordat:

5 minutes ago, BluebirdXO said:

I think that the delay with the vinyl and CDs messed with her numbers. Her medium fanbase is now a little older, so we buy and stream less than we did years ago

It's not about streaming, it's about actual sales. Cds didn't have any issues but I think vinyls did. A lot of people got their cds days before the offial release. 

11 minutes ago, Deadly Cruel Girl said:

Cds didn't have any issues but I think vinyls did. A lot of people got their cds days before the offial release

Some people got it earlier, but some that pre-ordered are still waiting for it to be dispatched

40 minutes ago, Deadly Cruel Girl said:

it’s actually not too surprising. as a few others already said, it’s mainly due to vinyls. artists like her and lana etc rely a ton on physical sales, and because of the new billboard rule, preorders don’t count until they’re actually shipped. 

I’m sure the week vinyls actually ship the album will probably reach a new peak  (although not as high as previous records, obviously).

It’s just a lot to do with poor planning honestly 

25 minutes ago, sjatib said:

L+F debuted at 5 in the UK, not BB (there it was at 28) :). But yeah, still surprising.

On 6/27/2021 at 10:36 PM, ChaoticLipster said:

Disappointed my album and magazine have still not arrived, this is very poor from her label. They keep blaming Covid-19…seriously I’ve had albums from independent artists arrive at my door on the day. So don’t give me the pandemic excuse.  If it’s not here next week I’m asking for a refund. 

Same, I pre-ordered the CD/Zine combo back in April and the only update I've been given is that they're having trouble importing stock (into Australia). And I'm pretty disappointed that the CD doesn't come in a jewel case with the booklet - it's just a cardboard slip by the looks of it.

I've asked for a refund but no response so far.

2 hours ago, ConstableReggie said:

And I'm pretty disappointed that the CD doesn't come in a jewel case with the booklet - it's just a cardboard slip by the looks of it.

I'm disappointed with that too. They should have specified on the website that it would come in a cardboard slip. I don't think that I would have bought it if I knew about this 

18 hours ago, Deadly Cruel Girl said:

Fuck Fantano. He gives low ratings for females artists all the time. He did Fiona so dirty with "Fetch the boltcutters" who care what he thinks?

lets not compare fiona and marina tho...

ftbc is a masterpiece, adiaml is a decent album but I can see why he (and other reviewers like pitchfork) would give it a low rating

half of the album is ballads and from the point of view of someone who's not a stan i can see why they don't appreciate them especially cause they're all identical 

and the songs that had potential like venus fly trap are 2:30...... 

14 hours ago, TRENCH said:

just heard Venus Fly Trap on ALT Nation,  the biggest Alternative radio station network of the country. Sis getting radio play  oprah15

YOOOOO omg the fact she’s getting airplay on alt nation is like… really great