Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

16 hours ago, Bones Are Blue said:

Name a song on Ancient Dreams that is better than Are You Satisfied and Hermit the Frog... I'll wait

Her new album isn't the worst and I do like some songs on it but it doesn't come close to anything on TFJ imo.

Ancient Dreams In A Modern Land, Venus Fly Trap & Purge The Poison are all better. I like the two songs you mentionned, but them being better than any song on her new album? Naur

FUGjsXqWAAAhpYH?format=jpg&name=900x900

Do we think she still might release a deluxe version (?) of this album? I think she was alluding to releasing it if the album did well but I’ve heard it hasn’t done that well?

Everytime I try to fly, I fall

35 minutes ago, Angelic Tropico said:

Do we think she still might release a deluxe version (?) of this album? I think she was alluding to releasing it if the album did well but I’ve heard it hasn’t done that well?

no

FzytWEW.png

2 hours ago, Angelic Tropico said:

the insiders claim so. the label must know it isn't doing well because of their dumb release methods.

original.gif

16 hours ago, Still Sane said:

Ancient Dreams In A Modern Land, Venus Fly Trap & Purge The Poison are all better. I like the two songs you mentionned, but them being better than any song on her new album? Naur

you really snuck ptp in there….. :biblio: okay…

2 hours ago, vrtvie said:

the insiders claim so. the label must know it isn't doing well because of their dumb release methods.

also yeah i don’t think any reliable insider has alluded to a deluxe release, just those dumb twitter insiders who make shit up with no source/reliability and everyone eats it up 

On 7/4/2021 at 8:56 AM, Bones Are Blue said:

Name a song on Ancient Dreams that is better than Are You Satisfied and Hermit the Frog... I'll wait

Her new album isn't the worst and I do like some songs on it but it doesn't come close to anything on TFJ imo.

any song on the album over those janky ass sounding songs.
:teehee:

I'm amazed at my two moods while listening to Ancient Dreams (album):

I can be either

"The seeds we planted grew
But not like roses do
We had the thorns and leaves
But the buds, they never bloomed"

Or

"I got the beauty, got the brains
Got the power, hold the reigns
I should be motherfucking crazy
Nothing in this world could change me"

Brilliant :brows: 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

On 7/5/2021 at 6:14 PM, brandon said:

you really snuck ptp in there….. :biblio: okay…

Purge the Poison has alright production I guess but those lyrics.... :biblio: I don't like

I still stand that her 'janky sounding' old songs are better.

𝕀 𝕔𝕝𝕠𝕤𝕖 𝕞𝕪 𝕖𝕪𝕖𝕤, 𝕒𝕥 𝕟𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕀 𝕨𝕚𝕤𝕙 𝕥𝕠 𝕣𝕚𝕤𝕖 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕦𝕤𝕥

11 minutes ago, Bones Are Blue said:

Purge the Poison has alright production I guess but those lyrics.... :biblio: I don't like

I still stand that her 'janky sounding' old songs are better.

Agreed, the production is fun but my god, the lyrics are so cringey I can barely stand to listen to it, i don’t understand how it’s so high on some people’s rankings. 

and same - I’d 100% prefer “janky” tfj than something way way way too polished like l+f.

Still impressed with ADIAML. :bop: Marina deserves more recognition for her work. The lyricism, the production, the music videos, the LOOKS… honestly I’d rate this album at the same level as Froot. It has some of her best work. :nails:

1 hour ago, abombnd said:

L+F really just NOT fit with these other four lmfao

Why not though? Most of the tracks there are either about or inspired by or even created by Jack himself and now we got Ancient Dreams whose half is about him too. L+F partially feels more like a collaboration project between Marina and Clean Bandit honestly, but that's what happens when u give so much of urself to another person when you're in (toxic) love. It would make little sense if the album got erased completely from her discography or seen as "the-should-have-not-happened" type of album especially seeing that she's such a personal lyricist. Now we can just wait for another album that has nothing of him. :dua:

original.gif

49 minutes ago, vrtvie said:

Why not though? Most of the tracks there are either about or inspired by or even created by Jack himself and now we got Ancient Dreams whose half is about him too. L+F partially feels more like a collaboration project between Marina and Clean Bandit honestly, but that's what happens when u give so much of urself to another person when you're in (toxic) love. It would make little sense if the album got erased completely from her discography or seen as "the-should-have-not-happened" type of album especially seeing that she's such a personal lyricist. Now we can just wait for another album that has nothing of him. :dua:

What do you mean why not??? :crai: there’s an obvious difference in style between the other four and L+F lolol - not only the toned down minimalistically simple production but in general the visuals were so….. plain. songwriting wasn’t great either 

29 minutes ago, new gods said:

wow this album really is bad outside of the singles

:crai:pandora’s box and new america are mediocre but…. no way u just called ilybilmm, flowers, and goodbye really bad 

after almost a month with it-- i'm still quite pleased with this album!!! i'm happy it was short and sweet. if i could make one criticism, it would be either add one more uptempo song, or delete a ballad (highly emotional people tbh)

flowers is top tier for meeeee. i love the lyrics & the melody. it hits different!

TheProphecyFinal

Here is a link to all streaming services where you can stream my new single, "The Prophecy" :party:

Critics are saying: "It's pretty much the best thing ever" - Anthony Fantano

and "It would be super cool if you listened to it. It may surprise you with how not-bad it is.  It's actually pretty good" - a genuinely unbiased and actual casual pop music listener