Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

2 hours ago, brandon said:

What do you mean why not??? :crai: there’s an obvious difference in style between the other four and L+F lolol - not only the toned down minimalistically simple production but in general the visuals were so….. plain. songwriting wasn’t great either 

so what? are we now supposed to forget the album ever existed or what? i despise the album, yet, some songs are really great. and please don't tell me that this album *differs* so much, like we basically had a transition from quirky baroque pop of The Family Jewels to the most commercial sounding Dr. Luke track ever and then to indie rocky FROOT with a freaking disco Blue out of the blue. we can joke but Marina is a sonical chameleon and L+F, whether we want it or not, belongs to one of the works she has made. and neither is Ancient Dreams as brilliant as her first albums, so whatever.

anyway this era is so dead now, i can't :yawn:

original.gif

3 hours ago, vrtvie said:

Why not though? Most of the tracks there are either about or inspired by or even created by Jack himself and now we got Ancient Dreams whose half is about him too. L+F partially feels more like a collaboration project between Marina and Clean Bandit honestly, but that's what happens when u give so much of urself to another person when you're in (toxic) love. It would make little sense if the album got erased completely from her discography or seen as "the-should-have-not-happened" type of album especially seeing that she's such a personal lyricist. Now we can just wait for another album that has nothing of him. :dua:

no it's just a bad album. she managed to ignore songs like art of letting go, what i wanna do (which is actually a slapper, despite it being basic), water under the bridge, holiday, and pretty much every other outtake, which would've created a better sound rather than this weird Baby / Superstar / Karma mesh whatnot we got where half the album was somewhat decent but out of place (like end of earth and believe in love) and the other half was overproduced and shitty.

xMcVPI7.jpg

I've been using this:

Spoiler

01 Holiday

02 No More Suckers

03 The Art of Letting Go

04 Demons + Angels

05 Please Don't Call Me

06 What I Wanna Do

07 True
08 Enjoy Your Life

09 Orange Trees

10 Believe in Love

11 There's Nothing Wrong With You

12 Water Under the Bridge

13 End of the Earth

Which is flawed but when you put out all the songs she made for this era into a list you're like, how the fuck did she come up L+F when she had a lot of better songs to work with? It's just weird to me, it could've been MILES better and felt like a natural fourth album after froot... i understand the whole jack influence and really wish he had nothing to do with this album because he really fucked it up LOL

xMcVPI7.jpg

The unreleased songs from that era are far more depressing than the ones that she released. I think that's why she decided to scrap them. She seemed to want to create a more positive and happier narrative for that record and she achieved. The whole thing sounds like mall music, but it's high spirited.

Orange Trees and Handmade Heaven are some of my favorite songs ever, so I can't relate with the L+F hate

1 minute ago, BluebirdXO said:

The unreleased songs from that era are far more depressing than the ones that she released. I think that's why she decided to scrap them. She seemed to want to create a more positive and happier narrative for that record and she achieved. The whole thing sounds like mall music, but it's high spirited.

LMAOOO i mean if thats what she was going for then she did it 

xMcVPI7.jpg

this TikTok sounds more like a Marina song than any of the stuff she has put out since love + fear and to be honest it's far better than everything she has released (minus some songs on adiaml) 

14 minutes ago, Charlottexseax said:

this TikTok sounds more like a Marina song than any of the stuff she has put out since love + fear and to be honest it's far better than everything she has released (minus some songs on adiaml) 

She’s right my wig is flying

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

6 minutes ago, vrtvie said:

it's not marina sound, it's just the family jewels sound

No it's mermaid v Sailor + TFJ + FROOT + a bunch of songs on ADIAML (Purge The Poison, ADIAML and Venus Fly Trap)

Regardless, it's her only trademark sound. EH and LF do not have a trademark sound cause they were written and produced by other people, so obviously she wasn't gonna include those since it's not "Marina"

On 7/8/2021 at 5:29 PM, abombnd said:

I've been using this:

Hide contents

01 Holiday

02 No More Suckers

03 The Art of Letting Go

04 Demons + Angels

05 Please Don't Call Me

06 What I Wanna Do

07 True
08 Enjoy Your Life

09 Orange Trees

10 Believe in Love

11 There's Nothing Wrong With You

12 Water Under the Bridge

13 End of the Earth

Which is flawed but when you put out all the songs she made for this era into a list you're like, how the fuck did she come up L+F when she had a lot of better songs to work with? It's just weird to me, it could've been MILES better and felt like a natural fourth album after froot... i understand the whole jack influence and really wish he had nothing to do with this album because he really fucked it up LOL

This flows really nicely, and keeps some of the best songs she actually released that era - it’s crazy to think how much better that album could’ve been if she released the right tracks and actually had a cool concept behind it, rather than some dumb (and honestly.. not really accurate) psychology quote 

On 7/10/2021 at 4:25 PM, Charlottexseax said:

the jingle jangly sounds of TFJ i do naaaht miss.

Late to the L+F thing but, briefly, if she just had:

• Handmade Heaven, End of the Earth and maybe Superstar (with dif. production)
  • FEAR (without Life Is Strange and No More Suckers)
  • Water Under the Bridge
  • Absent Love
  • Demons + Angels
  • Please Don't Call Me
  • Holiday (finished)
  • There's Nothing Wrong with You
  • Worth It
  • The Art of Letting Go

With a cool track listing, I kinda see a concept and I bet the album wouldn't receive the hate it gets :cryney: I like my version of this album quite a lot, but yeah, there were big mistakes on its final form wbk

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

Listening to some songs on shuffle and she really got some career highlights.

Highly Emotional People, Ancient Dreams in a Modern Land, Flowers, Goodbye, Venus Fly Trap... she won. I haven't listened to the album a lot since the release week but every time I play something, I'll keep it on repeat for some time. And there's really nothing that I'd skip or dislike apart from purge the poison which is garbage. Truly happy.

2 hours ago, Glitter Boy said:

• Water Under the Bridge
  • Absent Love
  • Demons + Angels
  • Please Don't Call Me
  • Holiday (finished)
  • Worth It
  • The Art of Letting Go

With a cool track listing, I kinda see a concept and I bet the album wouldn't receive the hate it gets :cryney: I like my version of this album quite a lot, but yeah, there were big mistakes on its final form wbk

On the topic of life is strange, one of my friends used a website that spits the song into filtered stems and i used those to edit out the "cheesy" part of the song and i feel like its SO much better without those parts 

this is it - https://dbree.org/v/cce5a3

xMcVPI7.jpg

2 hours ago, Glitter Boy said:

• Water Under the Bridge
  • Absent Love
  • Demons + Angels
  • Please Don't Call Me
  • Holiday (finished)
  • Worth It
  • The Art of Letting Go

the art of letting go is easily one of the best songs she made for that album if not the best and.. the fact it wasn't released is a fucking sin

I know the album only came out a month ago, but it’s a bit sad how dry this era has been so far (post release). We had the concert a day after the album.. got a few interviews and literally one photo shoot besides the album shoot. :crai:

with the concept of this album we could’ve gotten some great magazine photoshoots, or i wish we would’ve at least gotten some cool lyric videos or something. 

hell we haven’t even got the actual merch yet??

hopefully she still has some things coming