Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

9 hours ago, Thunder Corpse said:

Tove Lo is a guarantee for a  halfcooked and basic sound. It's no suprise this sucks. Y'all wanted her so hard on a remix and now you're still not happy 

I love Tove Lo, but this is true, all her albums to me (except the last one which I love almost all the songs) feel like a bunch of great songs with some fillers. 

I wanted her so hard on a song or a remix, but this ain't it. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

Marina has a problem with the remixes because they are not great, even the ones from Electra Heart. It's a shame but it should not be made for that. Nevertheless she is nice to have thought of her fans who have been clamoring for a collaboration with an alternative pop artist for a while, Tove Lo is not Grimes but she has a good quality in her songs. She has tried and continues to promote in her own way, she does not give up despite the unwarranted rejection of her album. :legend:

Oh wow, I feel terrified now because I lowkey liked the remix :bebe: 

It's true there could've been more done to it, but it's not terrible... or did the previous remixes set the bar too low so this feels like a step up from them?

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

13 minutes ago, Enchanted Mansion said:

It reassures me that I'm not the only one who thinks these singles clearly deserved separate covers.

The single covers were great, I love that there was actually.. ya know.. color in them, they made listening to superstar and orange trees more exciting to me. shame i have to look at the album art instead :biblio:

don’t get me wrong, marina looks great. but it’s so.. boring. thinking about the handmade heaven concept cover vs what we actually got? :toofunny:

6 minutes ago, brandon said:

The single covers were great, I love that there was actually.. ya know.. color in them, they made listening to superstar and orange trees more exciting to me. shame i have to look at the album art instead :biblio:

don’t get me wrong, marina looks great. but it’s so.. boring. thinking about the handmade heaven concept cover vs what we actually got? :toofunny:

I'm not too fond of the L+F cover, nor the singles covers, but some photos from the photoshoot could make great covers instead. I particularly like this one:

marina-love-and-fear-moonchild-cover.jpg

Slight eek to the non-centered cover, but I lowkey like it too so.

But yeah, the original Handmade Heaven concept got me so intrigued. I wonder if we'll know more info about it eventually.

10 minutes ago, brandon said:

I can't remember for Superstar and Orange trees, I thought there was no official? I added some fan made which are pretty.

Yes I agree, she is elegant but it is true that we have known a more colorful and fun Marina. It bothered me at first and then I learned to appreciate her, I tell myself that she is finally beautiful.
Okay for Handmade Heaven, they could have made an effort. :poordat:

7 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

I particularly like this one:

But yeah, the original Handmade Heaven concept got me so intrigued. I wonder if we'll know more info about it eventually.

omg wait this is perfect. this picture is so great and way more interesting than the actual cover, and it actually pulls of the b+w vibe. brb stealing this

5 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

I'm not too fond of the L+F cover, nor the singles covers, but some photos from the photoshoot could make great covers instead. I particularly like this one:

Waw I like it a lot! She would have made a perfect cover, she would have confused the fans less because more "Marina" with her hair

1 minute ago, Enchanted Mansion said:

I can't remember for Superstar and Orange trees, I thought there was no official? I added some fan made which are pretty.

yeah they’re on marinas site lol, if you go to past eras and click on love and fear those are the officials! the orange filtered pic w marina in the visor and the one of her in the blue water 

8 minutes ago, brandon said:

yeah they’re on marinas site lol, if you go to past eras and click on love and fear those are the officials! the orange filtered pic w marina in the visor and the one of her in the blue water 

Yes I remember now!

1 hour ago, Glitter Boy said:

:wtf:

The original it's still my favorite

1 hour ago, brandon said:

they were sent via mailing list but they're not included on spotify for some weird reason even tho handmade heaven is. karma on the other hand had no official single cover whatsoever

original.gif

E6b_a1cWQAoGLWa.jpgomg the album cover didn’t bother me because it wasn’t as noticeable but… this poster is so off centered it hurts.. why didn’t she just use a diff pic from that shoot lol 

58 minutes ago, vrtvie said:

they were sent via mailing list but they're not included on spotify for some weird reason even tho handmade heaven is. karma on the other hand had no official single cover whatsoever

I know, it’s so odd that handmade heaven’s cover is on spotify. Also in karma’s case - i think it’s because it wasn’t an “official” single? It was performed on tv once but it didn’t even get a video besides the acoustic one, even to be human got a vid for some reason. 

Idk that era was all over the place confusing :toofunny:

Marina dropped new merch for Ancient Dreams in a Modern Land today!

Shop Here

51315872993_5ea1dda585_b.jpg51316671555_bfd45140b1_b.jpg51316394129_48f3404a6a_b.jpg51315667151_6b12a2efc6_o.png

I grabbed the vitamin box & candle bc I'm a sucker for fun trinkets, and candles especially :flutter: 

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

18 hours ago, Hundred Dollar Bill said:

I do appreciate & enjoy Ancient Dreams, but I still feel like her first three albums are all stronger??? :rip:

I’ve listened through it a few times now & I’m kind of sad that I don’t love it as much as everyone else seems to love it… 

Yes it’s true

ADIAML had potential but she squandered it all on the ballads… 5 ballads out of 10 songs is not feasible especially when the production is all the same, the melodies are recycled and the lyrics are downright bad

She needed to have all the songs have the same production as ADIAML/Venus Fly Trap and maybe just one ballad or two to balance it out 

7 minutes ago, Charlottexseax said:

Yes it’s true

ADIAML had potential but she squandered it all on the ballads… 5 ballads out of 10 songs is not feasible especially when the production is all the same, the melodies are recycled and the lyrics are downright bad

She needed to have all the songs have the same production as ADIAML/Venus Fly Trap and maybe just one ballad or two to balance it out 

Yeah I was thinking that maybe Pandora's Box could've had a different production and maybe she could've added two more non-ballad songs to the album. I really like the album as it is, but it definitely feels like it slows down in an *unexpected* way (to me) as it has this ballad/upbeat intercalation in the last half so yeah :um3:

It didn't feel much like that on, say, Froot or L+F 'cause maybe there were more space to *distribute* the songs better and not just alternate them like in ADIAML's second half.

I feel like Pink Convertible would help in that. It ain't a ballad and it was political so I guess the balance would work better, as I probably have said already. Anyway at least we have Man's World, Ancient Dreams, Purge the Poison, Flowers, Highly Emotional People, Venus -- I'm really happy with all these tracks, almost all of them are 10/10, I can forgive her clunky lyrics somewhere because the production is magnificent. Goodbye is nice but not quite there, it's too dramatic for me to enjoy it on a daily basis. New America, I Love Me More, Pandora's Box -- you could do better than that.

original.gif