Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

10 minutes ago, vrtvie said:

I feel like Pink Convertible would help in that. It ain't a ballad and it was political so I guess the balance would work better, as I probably have said already. Anyway at least we have Man's World, Ancient Dreams, Purge the Poison, Flowers, Highly Emotional People, Venus -- I'm really happy with all these tracks, almost all of them are 10/10, I can forgive her clunky lyrics somewhere because the production is magnificent. Goodbye is nice but not quite there, it's too dramatic for me to enjoy it on a daily basis. New America, I Love Me More, Pandora's Box -- you could do better than that.

switch ilybilym & ptp, then goodbye & highly emotional people and that’s literally my exact thoughts on the album… taste!

Been listening to a lot of Froot lately. It's the only one of her albums that still holds up for me, as I think I burned myself out permanently on the first two. It's just peak Marina.

The new album is only half good to me, but the songs I do listen to are great:

The title track is fun and feels very "old Marina." Could have had a cool music video.

VFT should have been the lead single.

Pandora's Box had to grow on me but I think it's one of her best now, which I see is not a widely shared opinion. I can't relate to the subject matter of the breakup songs but they get me in my feelings anyway!

I already made a post about ILYBILMM but it's one of my favorite Marina songs ever. I want more guitar-driven Marina tracks.

Flowers is pretty but on the long side.

let me be who i'm meant to be

I kinda start to like Marina and you all can blame @Lentilus for it:trisha:

My faves from her are definitely  Handmade Heaven & Godly Emotional Masterpiece. Not only love the sound of them but also the lyrics soo much :oprah:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Omg I didn't know someone uploaded INHA on Spotify haha

https://open.spotify.com/track/10gGrRe1yc6qoHZwzWg3Ly?si=2C1fZiJbQfaeL1n88PqLyw&utm_source=copy-link&dl_branch=1

Which version is it? 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

2 hours ago, EXODUS said:

Omg I didn't know someone uploaded INHA on Spotify haha

https://open.spotify.com/track/10gGrRe1yc6qoHZwzWg3Ly?si=2C1fZiJbQfaeL1n88PqLyw&utm_source=copy-link&dl_branch=1

Which version is it? 

:shock: 

I think it's the second version, without the heavy drums (?) or well, the drums begin till 1:00. The other demo I had before (I guess Demo 1) has the drums beginning at 0:15.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

1 hour ago, Glitter Boy said:

:shock: 

I think it's the second version, without the heavy drums (?) or well, the drums begin till 1:00. The other demo I had before (I guess Demo 1) has the drums beginning at 0:15.

Thank you! 

I have read that none of the leaked versions are real, and they are stem edits. I dunno if that's real or not lol. 

And changing the topic... 

GUYS I HATE MARINA (AND OR ATLANTIC) FOR CHANGING "OH NO!" TITLE EVERYWHERE JUST BECAUSE OF TIKTOK 

Spoiler

Imagine it was Marina decision, I would die... I mean, she is the one who owns the songs, is she? So it's her call. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

21 minutes ago, EXODUS said:

Thank you! 

I have read that none of the leaked versions are real, and they are stem edits. I dunno if that's real or not lol. 

And changing the topic... 

GUYS I HATE MARINA (AND OR ATLANTIC) FOR CHANGING "OH NO!" TITLE EVERYWHERE JUST BECAUSE OF TIKTOK 

Hide contents

Imagine it was Marina decision, I would die... I mean, she is the one who owns the songs, is she? So it's her call. 

i dont see it changed anywhere

7 minutes ago, LiFELiNE said:

i dont see it changed anywhere

it literally just got changed back, but for a while tonight it was renamed to Oh No! (I Feel Like I’m The Worst So I Always Act Like I’m The Best) :rip: 

edit; nvm it changed back again

RVhKIwP.gif

1 hour ago, May said:

it literally just got changed back, but for a while tonight it was renamed to Oh No! (I Feel Like I’m The Worst So I Always Act Like I’m The Best) :rip: 

The video is also tagged with #TikTok too :toofunny:

I mean hey girl, capitalize on the opportunity, get ur bag x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

3 hours ago, EXODUS said:

Thank you! 

Reveal hidden contents

Yep, that's the case. They're stem edits

j14CYJi.png

LOL they seriously changed the song title because of tiktok :eyeroll3: Anyway it's only youtube thing so who cares. But why did they do that just now? Is Oh No! trending again?

"wE cAn'T go BaCk To tHe PaSt i WiLl nOt mAkE BubBleGuM bItCh vIdEO" :yawn:

original.gif

6 hours ago, May said:

Oh my gosh :omfg2: Marina ain't got nothin' on Fall Out Boy for longest song title now :lmao:

tumblr_or3tpeCeWc1rtq3bfo1_400.gif

8 hours ago, EXODUS said:

That's correct. But the version where the drums start around 0:15 is closest to how the demo should sound, because that's the result we get from putting all the individual stem tracks together. The version where the drums begin later is more akin to a fanmade stem edit.

1 hour ago, LanaRayDelMar said:

This is why I believe the snippet from 2014 is a completely different version vocally than what we got, the superior take LEAK HA

The vocal take in both stem edits vs the snippet sounds the same to me. But yeah, we need the official bounces :poordat:

𝕀 𝕔𝕝𝕠𝕤𝕖 𝕞𝕪 𝕖𝕪𝕖𝕤, 𝕒𝕥 𝕟𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕀 𝕨𝕚𝕤𝕙 𝕥𝕠 𝕣𝕚𝕤𝕖 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕦𝕤𝕥