Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

Is VFT really considered a dumb song? Like... the only lyrics I consider kinda silly or immature are the last lines of the second verse (even tho they're iconic and actual :hooker:)

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

11 hours ago, May said:

it literally just got changed back, but for a while tonight it was renamed to Oh No! (I Feel Like I’m The Worst So I Always Act Like I’m The Best) :rip: 

edit; nvm it changed back again

her hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but I have it serve

unknown.png

All of her other older songs are still under Marina and the Diamonds, but Oh No! was changed to be under her new stage name. The inconsistency.. she's so messy :deadbanana:

𝕀 𝕔𝕝𝕠𝕤𝕖 𝕞𝕪 𝕖𝕪𝕖𝕤, 𝕒𝕥 𝕟𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕀 𝕨𝕚𝕤𝕙 𝕥𝕠 𝕣𝕚𝕤𝕖 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕦𝕤𝕥

2 hours ago, Bones Are Blue said:

unknown.png

All of her other older songs are still under Marina and the Diamonds, but Oh No! was changed to be under her new stage name. The inconsistency.. she's so messy :deadbanana:

her team proved to be ruining her career yet again

original.gif

11 hours ago, KeybladeMeister said:

Yep, that's the case. They're stem edits

Thanks King! 

6 hours ago, ConstableReggie said:

That's correct. But the version where the drums start around 0:15 is closest to how the demo should sound, because that's the result we get from putting all the individual stem tracks together. The version where the drums begin later is more akin to a fanmade stem edit.

I see, I wonder when we will get the final version haha

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

2 hours ago, vrtvie said:

her team proved to be ruining her career yet again

the way it’s just not that deep:toofunny: idk why people care when artists change titles of songs on yt/streaming (the girlies had a MELTDOWN when charli changed unlock it to unlock it [lock it])

like…? it doesn’t change the art at all lol it just makes the song easier to find for tiktok stans, doesn’t effect literally anything else 

2 hours ago, lover said:

900 pages of discussion and maybe 800 pages about how messy L+F is (or isn't):agree: 

More like 100 pages about how messy L+F was and 700 pages of how amazing her first three albums are. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

11 hours ago, Venus Fly Trap said:

Is VFT really considered a dumb song? Like... the only lyrics I consider kinda silly or immature are the last lines of the second verse (even tho they're iconic and actual :hooker:)

Not really. I just hate the 2nd verse way too much to listen to it

12 hours ago, brandon said:

the way it’s just not that deep:toofunny: idk why people care when artists change titles of songs on yt/streaming (the girlies had a MELTDOWN when charli changed unlock it to unlock it [lock it])

like…? it doesn’t change the art at all lol it just makes the song easier to find for tiktok stans, doesn’t effect literally anything else 

i was joking there but clearly her youtube team is dumb for MATD/Marina inconsistency and especially leaking purge the poison. video thumbnails aren't really that cute too

original.gif

20 hours ago, Venus Fly Trap said:

IMO the song is too good to be affected by the lyrics but yeah they’re bad

i don’t like that they sound like placeholders, something she thought of initially and never rewrote…

where are the iconic lines? Where’s the “tv taught me how to feel now real life has no appeal”? 

37 minutes ago, Charlottexseax said:

IMO the song is too good to be affected by the lyrics but yeah they’re bad

i don’t like that they sound like placeholders, something she thought of initially and never rewrote…

where are the iconic lines? Where’s the “tv taught me how to feel now real life has no appeal”? 

she really isn't hungry doesn't proofread her lyrics anymore

original.gif

Marina should not be giving people health advice ‘Don’t bother with lateral flow tests’ which is complete nonsense. Just because they are not 100% accurate and didn’t work for her does not mean nobody should have them. She should really let health professionals give the advice instead of dictating based on her personal experience.  

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

4 hours ago, vrtvie said:

she really isn't hungry doesn't proofread her lyrics anymore

i don’t think that’s the case I genuinely think she likes them the way it is

like she just stopped being quirky for some reason 

3 hours ago, ChaoticLipster said:

Marina should not be giving people health advice ‘Don’t bother with lateral flow tests’ which is complete nonsense. Just because they are not 100% accurate and didn’t work for her does not mean nobody should have them. She should really let health professionals give the advice instead of dictating based on her personal experience.  

This reminded me of this:

"I think one thing I would say is that I was never diagnosed for anxiety, which I've definitely suffered from for close to a decade. I wouldn't recommend going on medication personally, but I would recommend getting help with counseling to see what the root of your problem is"

1 hour ago, Charlottexseax said:

I agree and it's sad 

1 hour ago, BluebirdXO said:

This reminded me of this:

"I think one thing I would say is that I was never diagnosed for anxiety, which I've definitely suffered from for close to a decade. I wouldn't recommend going on medication personally, but I would recommend getting help with counseling to see what the root of your problem is"

Yeah, this is so dumb. But I'm sure she had no bad intentions whatsoever. 

2 hours ago, Charlottexseax said:

after writing 'tryna get back as fast i can'? she used not to make grammatical mistakes so idk

original.gif

57 minutes ago, vrtvie said:

after writing 'tryna get back as fast i can'? she used not to make grammatical mistakes so idk

She is a huge Kate Bush fan, and something that Kate really takes care of is not doing grammatical mistakes in her lyrics. 

I wonder what happened with Marina, I guess she just got tired of taking herself way too seriously.