Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

7 hours ago, Dominikx4 said:

ok so when is pink convertible gonna leak

Something tells me a re-release of sorts is coming this year.

At least she's releasing a remix album, the amount of collabs is telling me she will.

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

1 hour ago, LanaRayDelMar said:

No one has it so likely not anytime soon

I thought some people do, considering the snippets that have leaked 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

1 minute ago, 5adboy said:

One thing I hate about Marina is how she spends more time talking about how she’s non conforming and weird and unique and whatever than she actually does spend time releasing non conforming music

L+F was a purely pop album 

5 out of 10 songs on ADIAML are piano ballads

What’s non conforming about it?

2 hours ago, Charlottexseax said:

One thing I hate about Marina is how she spends more time talking about how she’s non conforming and weird and unique and whatever than she actually does spend time releasing non conforming music

L+F was a purely pop album 

5 out of 10 songs on ADIAML are piano ballads

What’s non conforming about it?

She’s a little pretentious at times

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

1 hour ago, ChaoticLipster said:

She’s a little pretentious at times

Live in a love and hate relationship with her music because of that. I couldn't stand her during the EH and Froot era. The twitter meltdowns were always a little too much for me.

I was in the love phase, but now I think that I'm entering the hate phase again

4 hours ago, vrtvie said:

She must be thinking that not caring whether she charts or not is nonconforming lol.

LMAOOOO :gurl:

i think she still kinda cares tho otherwise she wouldn't be so pressed over the "marina is poor" comments to the point she made an entire song about it

11 hours ago, Honeysuckle said:

LMAOOOO :gurl:

i think she still kinda cares tho otherwise she wouldn't be so pressed over the "marina is poor" comments to the point she made an entire song about it

And she also wouldn't feel the need to mention it every 10 seconds

8 hours ago, BluebirdXO said:

And she also wouldn't feel the need to mention it every 10 seconds

Maybe she feels it’s an attack on her success…like an insecurity that deep down she isn’t as successful as she wanted to be. So she gets defensive when people call her poor as this alludes to her not being so successful. 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

3 hours ago, ChaoticLipster said:

Maybe she feels it’s an attack on her success…like an insecurity that deep down she isn’t as successful as she wanted to be. So she gets defensive when people call her poor as this alludes to her not being so successful. 

That's how I interpret it too

3 hours ago, ChaoticLipster said:

this lmao, i think that’s probably why she hates being called “underrated” too

I actually think she really is fine with being popular in such a level she is, because she is a millionaire after all and doesn't seek success on a bigger level, she's too introvert and anxiety-driven to be recognised on streets, she says she's uncomfortable with that, so I believe her, but yes, she doesn't have to say that every now and then. However, her saying now that she doesn't even read critic reviews and her sad post on socials after L+F that she keeps having nightmares with airplane crashing or something like that is a thing that she should definitely work with and go to a damn therapist instead of reading psychology books. Her obsession with protecting her own mental health is avoidance, but it is not healing.

original.gif

5 minutes ago, Moon River said:

This album was pretty much dead on arrival huh. Venus Fly Trap had a bit of a moment and there was that virtual concert but then… nothing.

yeah but aren't all albums like that nowadays? i can't really blame her, seems to be the current modus operandi on the industry

13 minutes ago, Honeysuckle said:

yeah but aren't all albums like that nowadays? i can't really blame her, seems to be the current modus operandi on the industry

Yes that is true, cause most artists now don’t care to make music that lasts in the long run 

But it’s not like that excuses her, especially when her whole (fake) shtick is “omg look at how quirky and alternative I am“