Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

Marina shared a playlist of her TikTok hits skgskjf

It's 13 tracks, consisting of TFJ, EH, and ADIAML songs. For anyone curious of exactly what's on the playlist:

Spoiler

1. Bubblegum Bitch

2. Venus Fly Trap

3. Oh No!

4. Are You Satisfied?

5. Hermit the Frog

6. I Love You But I Love Me More

7. Man's World

8. Primadonna

9. I Am Not a Robot

10. Highly Emotional People

11. Lies

12. Purge the Poison

13. How to be a Heartbreaker

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

I want to check out Marina’s music, but I’m really not into upbeat- or happy-sounding songs (lmao). Does anyone have any suggestions?

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

10 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

I want to check out Marina’s music, but I’m really not into upbeat- or happy-sounding songs (lmao). Does anyone have any suggestions?

Solitaire ❤

6 hours ago, brandon said:

finally… an ounce of promo

To think that she almost left the millionairess line out :rip:

At least she have enough self awareness to make up for it, but I still twist my nose for that line

56 minutes ago, Elle said:

Marina shared a playlist of her TikTok hits skgskjf

It's 13 tracks, consisting of TFJ, EH, and ADIAML songs. For anyone curious of exactly what's on the playlist:

Reveal hidden contents

1. Bubblegum Bitch

2. Venus Fly Trap

3. Oh No!

4. Are You Satisfied?

5. Hermit the Frog

6. I Love You But I Love Me More

7. Man's World

8. Primadonna

9. I Am Not a Robot

10. Highly Emotional People

11. Lies

12. Purge the Poison

13. How to be a Heartbreaker

What if Flowers was going to be the next single? This photo with a bouquet makes me think that it might have been a possibility 

18 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

Immortal, Valley of the Dolls, Teen Idle, Fear & Loathing, Soft to be Strong, Solitaire, Obsessions.

5 minutes ago, BluebirdXO said:

To think that she almost left the millionairess line out :rip:

At least she have enough self awareness to make up for it, but I still twist my nose for that line

What if Flowers was going to be the next single? This photo with a bouquet makes me think that it might have been a possibility 

Highly doubt it, especially since she didn't even sing it on the last concert (I love the song though).

original.gif

6 hours ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

Some of my favourite slower, "sadder" songs of hers are Numb, Teen Idle, Valley of the Dolls, Fear and Loathing, Immortal, End of the Earth, Goodbye, and Highly Emotional People. Here's a list though of essentially all of her other ballad-esque songs beyond what I just mentioned lol:

Spoiler

Obsessions

Rootless

Lies

Starring Role

Buy the Stars

I'm a Ruin

Happy (ironic, but it is slower and sad-sounding)

Solitaire

Weeds

To be Human

Believe in Love

Too Afraid

Soft to Be Strong

Flowers

Pandora's Box

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

1 hour ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

Solitaire

Better Than That

Immortal

Valley Of The Dolls

Blue

Teen Idle

Fear and Loathing

Savages

End Of The Earth

Goodbye

my phone is struggling to quote everyone in the same reply, but thank you so much for taking the time to write these!!! I will definitely be listening to them soon :)

@Elle @Veinsineon @vrtvie @BluebirdXO

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

6 hours ago, TRENCH said:

Are there going to be future  Marinazines:magikarp: 

Probably not lmao, never got one for ptp… and now that we’re onto vft… still nothing so :biblio: 

missing how consistent froot of the month was.. vinyls/beanies/merch released right on time with every single :flutter:

i know covid has a little impact on that but.. they really should’ve had everything planned out, it feels like everything they do is put together so last minute 

On 7/28/2021 at 7:02 PM, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

The second half of Ancient Dreams

16 hours ago, BluebirdXO said:

I like ADIAML and I think that her next album is going to be even better

I like it also but mainly cause the nearest reference to compare it to is L+F, so the bar is hugely low... Not that ADIAML is bad, it just feels inconsistent. Like a (small) bunch of songs, some quite nice, some quite weak, thrown together with an aesthetical proposal that isnt bad but doesnt seem to go anywhere either. 

I also think that she'll keep recovering on next album, though.

15 hours ago, sjatib said:

I like it also but mainly cause the nearest reference to compare it is L+F, so the bar is hugely low... Not that ADIAML is bad, it just feels inconsistent. Like a (small) bunch of songs, some quite nice, some quite weak, thrown together with an aesthetical proposal that isnt bad but doesnt seem to go anywhere either. 

I also think that she'll keep recovering on next album, though.

Yeah ancient dreams is good, but it still doesn’t top her first three albums, it was nice to get some of that quirky production back though (title track in particular), some more raw vocals (like goodbye), but there were definitely a few tracks that fell pretty flat. i have hope in her though, i think l+f was definitely a learning experience, hell, everytime she mentions it she mentions how she knows a good portion of her fans hated it. 

also… another remix?.. watch her release a vinyl with just two remixes lmfao

She should've better released a remix of the title track, but I suppose she really is pushing the best song of the album instead. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

32 minutes ago, BluebirdXO said:

We're having another remix that no one asked for :rip:

I can’t stand them I really can’t…she needs to release part 2 of the album or bonus tracks

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance