6. Pink Convertible 

7. New America

8. Free Woman

9. Happy Loner

10. Pandora’s Box

11. I Love You But I Love Me More

12. Flowers

13. Goodbye

I tried to rearranged it just like the OG tracklist (+ adding HL and FW)

1. Ancient Dreams In a Modern Land

2. Venus Fly Trap

3. Man’s World

4. Purge The Poison

5. New America
6. Pink Convertible 

7. Pandora's Box

8. Happy Loner

9.  I Love You But I Love Me More

10. Free Woman

11. Highly Emotional People

12. Flowers

13. Goodbye

Well... It's actually coming out on January 7th 

13.04.2018 Rome - Lana wore my hat! 

Dying by the hand of a foreign man, Happily
Calling out my name in the summer rain, Ciao amore

I swear Marina fans are never satisfied :toofloppy: everybody was so hyped for this song after it was left off the album and now it’s here and everyone is disappointed. It’s a cute song and it sounds like a natural progression from the demo snippet we heard

20 hours ago, rightofjupiter said:

idk if this is a popular opinion or not but living dead is SO good, much prefer it to how to be a heartbreaker. love full goth marina the most.

Living Dead is a certified masterpiece and one of her very best. :krylie:

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

I'm really liking Happy Loner, it's just maybe not the best single choice. But I really appreciate the track. I'm really curious to hear Pink Convertible and Free Woman now.

---

21 hours ago, rightofjupiter said:

idk if this is a popular opinion or not but living dead is SO good, much prefer it to how to be a heartbreaker. love full goth marina the most.

UGH TASTE!!! Living Dead had to be a single along with Teen Idle and Valley of the Dolls. They really deserved it.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

39 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

UGH TASTE!!! Living Dead had to be a single along with Teen Idle and Valley of the Dolls. They really deserved it.

Electra Heart actually had so much single material... If I had to choose just a few songs for singles I swear I would never know which ones to pick. Apart from Hypocrates. Everyone agrees it's the weakest one on the record lol.

original.gif

Finally listened to Happy Loner and I like it a lot wow, I love the lyrics way more than half of ADIAML lyrics lol. Sad that she didn't include it in the standard version but at least it got released, now I can't wait to hear Pink Convertible 

13.04.2018 Rome - Lana wore my hat! 

Dying by the hand of a foreign man, Happily
Calling out my name in the summer rain, Ciao amore

45 minutes ago, vrtvie said:

Electra Heart actually had so much single material... If I had to choose just a few songs for singles I swear I would never know which ones to pick. Apart from Hypocrates. Everyone agrees it's the weakest one on the record lol.

Hypocrates is considered to be the weakest??? damn, i always thought it was a standout track

tbh Power & Control is the weakest track (i still love her sm tho) theres not a lot going on lyrically, like the verses are legit 2 lines the song is most just the chorus. if there was more verses it would be a lot stronger

negAbhB.png

1 hour ago, vrtvie said:

I actually love her lol

3 hours ago, ConstableReggie said:

I swear Marina fans are never satisfied :toofloppy: everybody was so hyped for this song after it was left off the album and now it’s here and everyone is disappointed. It’s a cute song and it sounds like a natural progression from the demo snippet we heard

It’s honestly such a weird trend. I’ve been a fan for almost 10 years now and it’s literally always been the same 💀💀

j14CYJi.png

:trisha:

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Song officially out, and Deluxe officially confirmed for January 7th with pre-orders/pre-saves live! x

https://marina.lnk.to/ADIAMLDeluxeAW

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Ok, so the core problem about ADIAML is that everything - the singles, the visuals, it's (allegedly) overall topic - SCREAMS motion, exciting production, fast tracks, lyrics about sociopolitics. But then halfway through, it just turns into a bunch of "the usual Marina business" ballads about breakups and self-acceptance. It's not that the songs are bad, it's just that they feel out of place on an album that put all of it's focus on 5 tracks that are not representative of the experience you get when listening to it. And now she's doubling down on that with the deluxe tracks.

Happy Loner is a cute song, but it's basically Solitaire 2.0. with more on-the-nose-lyrics and does nothing to compliment the album. It's just another (solid) track for the long-tail. Kinda disappointing.

Apart from that - were her "relateable" lyrics always that cringy? I'm not sure whether her songwriting changed or if it's just about me not being in my teens anymore but edgy-tkes like "Waking up late, I feel demotivated, everything's wrong, guess my thoughts escalated. When I'm alone, things are under control, when I'm alone, I can turn off the world. I try to escape, but I can't lose my mind-  that's why I can live a cOnVenTiOnAl LiFe" or "They don't understand, why I like being alone. I don't wanna be so accessible, emotionally I'm on the edge of a knife. That's how I learn, that's how I learn to SURVIVE!!11!1!"  are just so f*cking pretentious and cringeworthy.

It's the song equivalent to people who constantly share "introverts are like this"-memes on social media, acting like preferring to stay inside and read instead of going to a party makes them some sort of special, unique and mysterious person.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

10 hours ago, godsmonster said:

Hypocrates is considered to be the weakest??? damn, i always thought it was a standout track

Well yes, it has the least amount of plays on Spotify too. It took a while until it grew on me.

As for her songwriting, well, it's changed A LOT since TFJ/EH, but the thing is, she's always been like that, singing about how miserable she was/is etc., YET the thing that saved such clumsy at times lyricisim was the interesting production. Imagine The Outsider as a piano ballad lol. And this is more or less what Happy Loner is.

original.gif