Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

people are curious to hear HL cause she teased a lot, she always teases the songs that we DON'T hear (INHA, the Emotional Machine demo, etc.), we obviously had no idea how it sounded so there was no way for us to see if it was good

me personally I'm not impressed cause ADIAML has like 6 ballads out of 10 already and getting another ballad that goes nowhere and adds nothing is boring

its great she's doing the deluxe for this album but its EXACTLY what we wanted for froot. at least she's doing it now and sticking to it instead of saying she's going to and then not.

xMcVPI7.jpg

8 hours ago, ChaoticLipster said:

Happy Loner is cute but it feels like we already have 5 songs in her discography like this , I guess this is why she didn’t add it to the album in the first place. 

This... I'm so over her with these kind of songs.

HL is cute and I like it, but it feel like a bad copy of "Solitaire".

I'm sure she can do way better than these uninspired ballads that always repeat the same theme and production.

Give me another "Obsessions" ma'am

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

15 hours ago, Thunder Revenant said:

It's the song equivalent to people who constantly share "introverts are like this"-memes on social media, acting like preferring to stay inside and read instead of going to a party makes them some sort of special, unique and mysterious person.

And now that's exactly what she does on Instagram rn - I can't.:whoopi:

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

16 hours ago, Thunder Revenant said:

Ok, so the core problem about ADIAML is that everything - the singles, the visuals, it's (allegedly) overall topic - SCREAMS motion, exciting production, fast tracks, lyrics about sociopolitics. But then halfway through, it just turns into a bunch of "the usual Marina business" ballads about breakups and self-acceptance. It's not that the songs are bad, it's just that they feel out of place on an album that put all of it's focus on 5 tracks that are not representative of the experience you get when listening to it. And now she's doubling down on that with the deluxe tracks.

Happy Loner is a cute song, but it's basically Solitaire 2.0. with more on-the-nose-lyrics and does nothing to compliment the album. It's just another (solid) track for the long-tail. Kinda disappointing.

Apart from that - were her "relateable" lyrics always that cringy? I'm not sure whether her songwriting changed or if it's just about me not being in my teens anymore but edgy-tkes like "Waking up late, I feel demotivated, everything's wrong, guess my thoughts escalated. When I'm alone, things are under control, when I'm alone, I can turn off the world. I try to escape, but I can't lose my mind-  that's why I can live a cOnVenTiOnAl LiFe" or "They don't understand, why I like being alone. I don't wanna be so accessible, emotionally I'm on the edge of a knife. That's how I learn, that's how I learn to SURVIVE!!11!1!"  are just so f*cking pretentious and cringeworthy.

It's the song equivalent to people who constantly share "introverts are like this"-memes on social media, acting like preferring to stay inside and read instead of going to a party makes them some sort of special, unique and mysterious person.

I hate to agree with you because God knows how big of a fan I am. 

TFJ made me a fan of this quirky and unique songwriter 

EH and FROOT only cemented that thought 

But with her last two albums I feel like she really lost her drive to shape up great consistent albums 

She still makes great songs, but not great albums as a whole. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

As a young twenty something who struggles with mental health on a daily basis and is actively seeking therapy, I find Marina’s lyrics quite relatable and comforting.

Happy Loner couldn’t have come at a better time.

I actually find Marina to be one of the better writers when it comes to writing pop songs that deal with themes of general isolation, loneliness and insecurity.

Happy, Soft to Be Strong, Obsessions, I’m a Ruin, Numb- all tens

Like personally I don’t need a whole lyrical dissertation on depression or the entire DSM 5 in the form of a song for it to be deemed good :rip:

4 hours ago, Shanice Jones said:

idk if someones already posted this, but it seems legit

https://dbree.org/v/2aa160

It sounds way better than the final track wtf 

I love her raw vocals 

18 hours ago, vrtvie said:

Sam Pearson on Twitter: "God is a woman… "

MARINA - Weeds (Home Demo) - YouTube

ᶜᵒⁿˢᵗᵃⁿᵗⁱⁿᵉ on Twitter: "marina diamandis from the froot photoshoot  https://t.co/gIOTB7fp4O" / Twitter

Marina & the Diamonds Photos (601 of 1139) | Last.fm

I really wish she used more of these kinds of visuals in her MVs and neon nature tour (especially the latter because like neon nature??? you can do more than just a background screen and light up microphone stand)

edit: for ref its like?? her costumes?? went all out and stil managed to fit every era they were associated with while making it known that the show is in the FROOT era 

and dont get me wrong the background visuals were iconic ! especially the transition from era to era

but you know lana had palm trees and shit for her paradise dayz tours?? 
like with neon nature marina could have really been able to go all out with that x 100 but in a way where it would be cheeky 

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

On 12/3/2021 at 3:50 AM, Thunder Revenant said:

Ok, so the core problem about ADIAML is that everything - the singles, the visuals, it's (allegedly) overall topic - SCREAMS motion, exciting production, fast tracks, lyrics about sociopolitics. But then halfway through, it just turns into a bunch of "the usual Marina business" ballads about breakups and self-acceptance. It's not that the songs are bad, it's just that they feel out of place on an album that put all of it's focus on 5 tracks that are not representative of the experience you get when listening to it. And now she's doubling down on that with the deluxe tracks.

just realized this should have been Love + Fear

FEAR 

1. "Ancient Dreams in a Modern Land"    
2. "Venus Fly Trap"

3. "Man's World"

4. "Purge the Poison"

5. "Highly Emotional People"    

"New America"

LOVE

7. "Pandora's Box"

8. "I Love You but I Love Me More"    
9. "Flowers"    
10. "Goodbye"

7 hours ago, Escapism said:

I really wish she used more of these kinds of visuals in her MVs and neon nature tour (especially the latter because like neon nature??? you can do more than just a background screen and light up microphone stand)

edit: for ref its like?? her costumes?? went all out and stil managed to fit every era they were associated with while making it known that the show is in the FROOT era 

and dont get me wrong the background visuals were iconic ! especially the transition from era to era

but you know lana had palm trees and shit for her paradise dayz tours?? 
like with neon nature marina could have really been able to go all out with that x 100 but in a way where it would be cheeky 

omg exactly 

I remember when I heard the neon nature concept I was so excited, I imagined really pretty like neon lit plant sculptures or something. - the blow up fruits/planets she used for her festival run before touring were pretty cool too

LED screens has GOT to be the most boring visual choice ever. like come on