Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

23 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I slept on Happy Loner… and I must say it’s really good. Now, there is a lot of hype around Pink Convertible, i can’t wait!!

happy Loner is good! 

On 12/31/2021 at 5:33 PM, vrtvie said:

In Marina's case it's simply willingness. She promised TFJ 2.0, she gave up on it to work on EH. She promised EH complete edition, she gave up on it 'cus she was fed up w/ Electra. She promised FROOT deluxe, but later she had personal problems and abandoned the idea. No one asked her about L+F Acoustic but she made it just because she knew so much of her fanbase didn't enjoy the record. Now with ADIAML she carried out her promise of the deluxe for the very first time.

The fact that she didn't release I'm not Hungry officially or the piano version...:dorothy3:

54 minutes ago, May said:

she RUINED pink convertible bye that’s the last straw that song was gonna be one of my top 3 favourite songs ever

but it hasn't even leaked or released....:delicious:

22 minutes ago, Lentilus Dealer Hoe said:

but it hasn't even leaked or released....:delicious:

I’m comparing the snippet to the snippet of the demo which is fair imo :awkney: they’re both long and HQ snippets

6 minutes ago, 111 said:

it was never good to begin with but i prefer it to free lady

the lyrics on both though, poor marie antonette:lmao:i'm ready for the lashings

girl the demo has been on my mind for MONTHS

RVhKIwP.gif

Just listened and Pink Convertible is amazing. Definitely should've made to the original tracklist. Would've completed the theme so, so well. Free Woman does feel like a bonus track but it is good. So happy for this rerelease.

original.gif

The melodies of Pink Convertible and Free Woman are cool but they're not captivating enough to distract from me from the lyrics feeling a little too on the nose even for Marina. But totally glad we got a deluxe edition finally and the standard version is still fighting for the spot of her best record

giphy.gif

I can't believe there's something left in my chest anymore 

8 minutes ago, Formation said:

The melodies of Pink Convertible and Free Woman are cool but they're not captivating enough to distract from me from the lyrics feeling a little too on the nose even for Marina. But totally glad we got a deluxe edition finally and the standard version is still fighting for the spot of her best record

ADIAML is my #1 of 2021 :trisha:

i still need to listen to the new tracks (they’re downloaded i just haven’t heard them yet) but i just need to say that the family jewels is SO ahead it’s time it’s still ahead of it’s time to this day

also adiaml is a pretty great album :true:

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

4 minutes ago, the ocean said:

i still need to listen to the new tracks (they’re downloaded i just haven’t heard them yet) but i just need to say that the family jewels is SO ahead it’s time it’s still ahead of it’s time to this day

also adiaml is a pretty great album :true:

TFJ is indeed a classic! :true:

as i expected, this deluxe is disappointing, but at least she kept her promise of doing one! so that's a step forward. if only she could go back several years to do the same with the other albums…

:defeated:NOW THIS IS AN ALBUM:defeated:

There were too many ballads on the standard, the deluxe makes it so much better. Thank God Free Woman and Pink Convertible are not just piano ballads:party:

pink convertible > free woman > happy loner