Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

1 minute ago, Rody29 said:

Ik Genius is bullshit  but wtf? 

https://genius.com/albums/Marina/M6

Expected 2023

i think that’s just the latest estimated year cause that’s the rough rate she releases stuff

tfj > eh :: 2 years

eh > froot :: 3 years officially but it was 2 years until the lead single

not counting froot to l+f because that was a hiatus

l+f > adiaml :: 2 years

adiaml > m6 :: 2 years probably

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

Happy Loner: there's something charming about this track but at the same time it feels a bit uninspired and conventional to me. I think it's a cute tune but I ain't imagining myself listening to it frequently. 6.5/10

Pink Convertible: I have to agree that the demo's vocals sounded way more visceral and better but I'm sure that that happens with most of her demos, yet the final could've had better BGVs although the actual ones don't ruin the song, and the production is FLAWLESS and enjoyable. 9/10

Free Woman: I was afraid of this song bc I wanted it to be the groundbreaking song off the whole album (lol) but I knew that wouldn't have been realistic, nonetheless, lyrically feels very old-Marina (just like VFT) which I love. It's catchy and the breakdown is GOOD AF,  I wish the song didn't begin so abruptly though. 9/10

VFT demo: she's a cute girl that reminds me of her pre-TFJ stuff uwu. 7/10

ADIAML demo: ⬆️

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

im quite liking the vibe of the covers of ilybilmm remix/free woman/pink convertible audios on youtube… it’s giving 70s 

although. would be nice to have a whole album era that gave that feel instead of just a few visual covers 😭 this albums visuals really are all over the place 

I like the songs but it's sad to say that (to me) nothing has driven me insane after FROOT.

There are many gems in her latest Two albums, but I miss the uniqueness in her sound that made me go crazy for her during her first three albums. 

She needs to leave her comfort zone and experiment more. She has been playing safe for so long now. 

She doesn't need to chase the mainstream like she tried with L+F, and sure she doesn't need to recreate the magic of her first releases like she is trying with this new album. 

She needs to fully embrace her alternative and experimental side once again and do crazy things, find new producers that pusher her into new creative ways. Otherwise, she will keep releasing music that feels bland and uninspired even though they are nice to the ear. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

my facts:

-the problem with ADIAML is the tracklist order, the deluxe actually made it better but still not perfect. It actually should've been this version since the beginning;

- I don't think L+F was all that bad (but thats personal) however is a let down from all the previous projects

I really like the melody of Happy Loner but I wish it built more as the song progressed. For me, it doesnt really go anywhere. I think it needs some grander elements to it, like numb-esque but a more modern and gentle twist to it. Some more strings and choral elements to bring out the sadness

Everytime I try to fly, I fall

2 hours ago, Pineapple B00ST said:

I think I’ve been converted. She’s like sexy modern ABBA the voice the cadences the drama of the sound

abba were a masterclass in songwriting, whereas all the ballads of ADIAML sound the same, lets not kid ourselves 

1 hour ago, urgirl said:

Happy loner mv is not okay. Looks like an anti bullying commercial or something. So cheesy :facepalm:

Another one of her budget videos…l think even with less money she could do a better job…Lana’s made better videos with her sisters Iphone.

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

1 hour ago, urgirl said:

Happy loner mv is not okay. Looks like an anti bullying commercial or something. So cheesy :facepalm:

She looks really cute there but for f**k's sake, the editing seriously made it feel like a video to a silly song for children about school problems or something. I am honestly afraid that she and her team are stuck in the way of thinking that the majority of her audience consists of young teenagers.

original.gif

23 hours ago, godsmonster said:

the usual Marina Meltdowns are coming, everyone prepare

a point

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup: