Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

11 hours ago, brandon said:

i think i agree with this, her last name is sooo so pretty but I feel like it’s sorta serious and weirdly sounds like, older? Like Marina Diamandis sounds like someone my grandma would listen to 

Marina & the Diamonds was perfect, albeit a little cheesy, but I think the vibe it gave off was worth having to explain that she’s not a band every now and then

Still, it was rather a stupid reason. Yes, her last name might've sounded serious, but she should've acknowledged there's lots of artists named Marina, let alone Marina Abramović.

When it comes to all this wishful thinking, right at the moment I still hope for Electra Heart 10th anniversary revival, and then something art pop, dream pop, you name it, coming back to Kate Bush and Fiona Apple roots. Unfortunately now that she lives in LA, it's probably never gonna happen and something similar to Honeymoon is the most I can wish for. Trip hop would be nice too but I'm not sure if she's fond of that sound tbh.

original.gif

43 minutes ago, JessicaAppleBottomJeans said:

I blame Atlantic Records for Marina's dying career. They should have spent more effort and money on her.

you should blame her horrendous writing instead :illumarina:

I'm Marina and you are the people that always spot a goddamn flaw to everything I do 

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

9 minutes ago, Venus Fly Trap said:

I'm Marina and you are the people that always spot a goddamn flaw to everything I do 

that's honestly not the case... she checks all the boxes but the process of songwriting. ADIAML never fully realized its concept due to the abhorrent lyricism throughout the album - the title track kinda did a good job but it just falls flat sometimes... I get that she's having fun with it and some people do enjoy it (including myself) but cmon you can't be coming up with lyrics like "You got a job and a car and a good dental plan/You got health insurance, pocket money, damn" when you've written absolute masterpieces like I'm A Ruin and Obsessions. I have high hopes for the next record and I hope she actually improves on ADIAML's problems 

34 minutes ago, Big Star said:

that's honestly not the case... she checks all the boxes but the process of songwriting. ADIAML never fully realized its concept due to the abhorrent lyricism throughout the album - the title track kinda did a good job but it just falls flat sometimes... I get that she's having fun with it and some people do enjoy it (including myself) but cmon you can't be coming up with lyrics like "You got a job and a car and a good dental plan/You got health insurance, pocket money, damn" when you've written absolute masterpieces like I'm A Ruin and Obsessions. I have high hopes for the next record and I hope she actually improves on ADIAML's problems 

retweet to this. god the entirety of new america, the super on-the-nose lyrics of ptp, that godforsaken line in no more suckers? 

her lyricism gets real weak sometimes (that being said, there are some songs here and there that are really great - adiaml title track for one - so we know she still has it in her, it’s just potential that she locked up in a cupboard) 

feeling like she should hop in daddy nowels dms.. he posts about the songs they made together pretty often on his IG, we know he loves her so :smokes:

23 hours ago, brandon said:

i think i agree with this, her last name is sooo so pretty but I feel like it’s sorta serious and weirdly sounds like, older? Like Marina Diamandis sounds like someone my grandma would listen to 

Marina & the Diamonds was perfect, albeit a little cheesy, but I think the vibe it gave off was worth having to explain that she’s not a band every now and then

marina diamandis sounds rich and glam, it's like lana del rey. MARINA just looks so fat and obnoxious i can't with her.

i love you, but you don't understand me.

7 minutes ago, Vanilla Icy said:

marina diamandis sounds rich and glam, it's like lana del rey.

EXACTLY, it sounds  e x p e n s i v e  :smokes: I may even save her discography like that from now on :brows: 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

i still have her discography saved as marina and the diamonds :true:

anyone that tells me to change it is getting blocked x

Spoiler

i only have it changed on the album artists though and for songs pre l+f but any song l+f onward is tagged as "marina" on the song itself and m&td as the album artist

edit: here's an example also me promoting the adiaml cover i made

Spoiler

2JlMzSx.png

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

23 minutes ago, brandon said:

retweet to this. god the entirety of new america, the super on-the-nose lyrics of ptp, that godforsaken line in no more suckers? 

her lyricism gets real weak sometimes (that being said, there are some songs here and there that are really great - adiaml title track for one - so we know she still has it in her, it’s just potential that she locked up in a cupboard) 

feeling like she should hop in daddy nowels dms.. he posts about the songs they made together pretty often on his IG, we know he loves her so :smokes:

I'd rather have the bitch that wrote Froot to slap some sense into MARINARA and give us her AOTY moment :diva:

Spoiler

When you stay over, you eat all of my food
Yeah, you mess up all my towels, but this time, I'm checking out :deadbanana:

44 minutes ago, brandon said:

Does he? I barely remember him ever talk about her. But I'm sure he's happy with the recognition that Bubblegum Bitch got lately. They both should be proud of this banger. I could imagine the label telling her to work with him again because of that, but since Marina boasts so much about her *creative freedom* that she takes no advantage of, well...

original.gif

5 minutes ago, vrtvie said:

Does he? I barely remember him ever talk about her. But I'm sure he's happy with the recognition that Bubblegum Bitch got lately. They both should be proud of this banger. I could imagine the label telling her to work with him again because of that, but since Marina boasts so much about her *creative freedom* that she takes no advantage of, well...

all his insta captions about her songs are so sweet, he always calls her an amazing person, conceptualist, lyricist, says her work is high art, says valley of the dolls is one of his all time favorites.. :usrs: 

i get the creative freedom thing, like yeah, i get there’s like.. some cool complex about writing a song alllll by yourself, but a little help isn’t always a bad thing :toofunny: 

1 hour ago, Big Star said:

It's not the first time she doesn't fully correct or change the writing in some songs though, check her leaked demos. I ain't sure if Obsession's leaked demo was the first one made, but lyrically is mostly the same anddd so is the case for I'm a Ruin first homemade demo which probably is a v early one (if not, the actual earliest one). 

am probably gonna get shit for what I'll say rn but there's only one life so whatevs (Alexa play Venus Fly Trap) 

Spoiler

My point is that this thread is FILLED of meltdowns or criticism since L+F me fears which I guess is ok as this is a music forum and nobody is obligated to visit a specific thread anyways (although actually I do like to be active in this one xd), but it's kind of tiring and bothering to constantly read the same fricking opinions such as "I LikE thIs sOnG but thIs x linE is CriNgy", "MoriNa cHanGinG hEr nAmE wAS stUpiD", "CLeAn BanDiT rUinEd MaRinA" "cAnt bElievE mAriNa firEd jeSS" (and yes, that was a dick movement but we ain't knowing the context yet). Like yeah wbk Marina's music went downhill since FROOT and has done some shitty stuff, so get over it, try to enjoy her new music and stop complaining bc (again) it's a pain in the culito (ass) to some people (or at least to me) to see how somebody disliked x already known thing that Marina did. Get over it, accept that Marina is Marina and try to enjoy her goddamn actual music because she won't make another TFJ just to satisfy us. 

And before some of y'all (and that specific member that knows who is it) try to nail my post, I don't care, I think I made a point and

😘

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup: