Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

this is gonna sound mean but i think a lot of y’all are just pushing 30 and have outgrown her music but too scared to admit it and instead come up with the whole “her lyricism is too on the nose and basic!” attitude, bc this whole ‘___ line is so cringy!!’ stuff which gets said day in day out literally doesn’t get said by her younger fans ever including me :rip: not even by her tiktok stans - and tiktok stans are usually the most annoying part of a stanbase but actually in regards to marina the annoying part of this stanbase are mostly the longtime fans bc y’all will nitpick one line from an entire album that u deem to be too ‘on the nose’ then decide that the whole album concept is now suddenly ruined & obsolete bc of that one line . it’s weird tbh . 

if someone u stan is consistently disappointing u to this end maybe u should like … not stan them :oprah2:

RVhKIwP.gif

7 hours ago, Venus Fly Trap said:

It's not the first time she doesn't fully correct or change the writing in some songs though, check her leaked demos. I ain't sure if Obsession's leaked demo was the first one made, but lyrically is mostly the same anddd so is the case for I'm a Ruin first homemade demo which probably is a v early one (if not, the actual earliest one). 

am probably gonna get shit for what I'll say rn but there's only one life so whatevs (Alexa play Venus Fly Trap) 

Hide contents

My point is that this thread is FILLED of meltdowns or criticism since L+F me fears which I guess is ok as this is a music forum and nobody is obligated to visit a specific thread anyways (although actually I do like to be active in this one xd), but it's kind of tiring and bothering to constantly read the same fricking opinions such as "I LikE thIs sOnG but thIs x linE is CriNgy", "MoriNa cHanGinG hEr nAmE wAS stUpiD", "CLeAn BanDiT rUinEd MaRinA" "cAnt bElievE mAriNa firEd jeSS" (and yes, that was a dick movement but we ain't knowing the context yet). Like yeah wbk Marina's music went downhill since FROOT and has done some shitty stuff, so get over it, try to enjoy her new music and stop complaining bc (again) it's a pain in the culito (ass) to some people (or at least to me) to see how somebody disliked x already known thing that Marina did. Get over it, accept that Marina is Marina and try to enjoy her goddamn actual music because she won't make another TFJ just to satisfy us. 

And before some of y'all (and that specific member that knows who is it) try to nail my post, I don't care, I think I made a point and

😘

i get what you're saying repeated criticism is annoying - but all i hope for is she takes them into account it could really help her navigate the next record

7 hours ago, Venus Fly Trap said:

It's not the first time she doesn't fully correct or change the writing in some songs though, check her leaked demos. I ain't sure if Obsession's leaked demo was the first one made, but lyrically is mostly the same anddd so is the case for I'm a Ruin first homemade demo which probably is a v early one (if not, the actual earliest one). 

a little confused @ this statement :deadbanana: no one said anything about correcting or changing her demos, just that obsessions & im a ruin both contain immaculate songwriting

also when it comes to the opinions in this thread, i mean, it’s a forum, that’s kinda the point, everyone’s gonna share + discuss their opinions whether they be negative or positive 

and what else do you expect when the negatives have been outweighing the positives lately :toofunny::toofunny:

even tho she will probably never write an album in the tier of The Family Jewels again its okay with me

Dante never wrote something as good as the divine comedy again but that didn't make Dante a flop it just meant he completed his masterpiece.

39 minutes ago, urgirl said:

even tho she will probably never write an album in the tier of The Family Jewels again its okay with me

Dante never wrote something as good as the divine comedy again but that didn't make Dante a flop it just meant he completed his masterpiece.

:deadbanana:

Spoiler

i still know she can put her whole marinarussy into an album i just do

8 hours ago, Venus Fly Trap said:

am probably gonna get shit for what I'll say rn but there's only one life so whatevs (Alexa play Venus Fly Trap) 

Reveal hidden contents

My point is that this thread is FILLED of meltdowns or criticism since L+F me fears which I guess is ok as this is a music forum and nobody is obligated to visit a specific thread anyways (although actually I do like to be active in this one xd), but it's kind of tiring and bothering to constantly read the same fricking opinions such as "I LikE thIs sOnG but thIs x linE is CriNgy", "MoriNa cHanGinG hEr nAmE wAS stUpiD", "CLeAn BanDiT rUinEd MaRinA" "cAnt bElievE mAriNa firEd jeSS" (and yes, that was a dick movement but we ain't knowing the context yet). Like yeah wbk Marina's music went downhill since FROOT and has done some shitty stuff, so get over it, try to enjoy her new music and stop complaining bc (again) it's a pain in the culito (ass) to some people (or at least to me) to see how somebody disliked x already known thing that Marina did. Get over it, accept that Marina is Marina and try to enjoy her goddamn actual music because she won't make another TFJ just to satisfy us. 

And before some of y'all (and that specific member that knows who is it) try to nail my post, I don't care, I think I made a point and

😘

I mean.. this is a music discussion forum, not a circlejerk of positivity. It’s annoying when one person shares the same negative opinion over and over again but the reason why you’re seeing a lot of the same opinions is cause a Lot of people share those same opinions. The “stop complaining, get over it, just enjoy the music” argument is so dumb tbh like why be on a music discussion forum if you only wanna see positivity & praise… You want the people that have criticism to keep it to themselves lol? That kinda fully defeats the purpose of this site.

qfrWuBl.png

4 hours ago, TrashMagiq said:

I mean.. this is a music discussion forum, not a circlejerk of positivity. It’s annoying when one person shares the same negative opinion over and over again but the reason why you’re seeing a lot of the same opinions is cause a Lot of people share those same opinions. The “stop complaining, get over it, just enjoy the music” argument is so dumb tbh like why be on a music discussion forum if you only wanna see positivity & praise… You want the people that have criticism to keep it to themselves lol? That kinda fully defeats the purpose of this site.

THANK YOU!!

took the words right out of my mouth here :ma:

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

I heard her album Ancient Dreams In A Modern Land last year thanks to @Lentilus Dealer Hoe, really love it , also listened to L+F, I enjoyed it too but today I listened to Froot finally:lange: It had me shook,  haven't heard every album from her yet but Froot has to be her best. It's so fucking good, I collapsed constantly :trisha: it was such an amazing experience, one of the best albums I've ever heard :wowcry: replaying it now & it sounds even better:defeated:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

53 minutes ago, Vanilla Icy said:

she was at her lowest... fat, nasty and broke... career in shambles... she came on this bitch mad as hell!

one of her best.. numb NEEEEEDSSSS to make a comeback on tour :defeated:

You can say whatever you wanna say about Electra Heart but we must all agree it has the best bridges in the whole of Marina's discography. 100%. Starring Role, Power & Control, Living Dead, The State of Dreaming, Valley of the Dolls, Sex Yeah... these tracks are bitches. Kurstin rock-inspired songs + Bubblegum Bitch, Nowel's excellent ballads, Howe's delicacy, an ideal mix. I just listened to it and everything still sounds fresh and so many things are happening in the background instrumental it's insane. Shit, I love this album so much and I hate the fact that so many people flatten it to Dr Luke's Primadonna, How to Be a Heartbreaker and Lies, among which only the latter aged rather poorly. Even without any concept it would've been an incredible record and yet, we got a complete concept album with lots of visuals, her whole new persona, and so many cultural references. Marina poured her whole heart into it and she'll never top this. :defeated:

original.gif

the galoremag photoshoot is FLAWLESS HOLY FUCKING CRAPPP

full interview :3

https://galoremag.com/marina-purges-the-poison-and-stays-true-to-herself/

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

“I don’t know whether to say which one I’m gonna retire. Well, I’m not retiring it, I’m just not playing it. It’s a hit, and I’m not playing it on this tour because it doesn’t suit the tour and I feel good about that.”

hmmm any predictions on what song she’s talking about :creep:??

5 minutes ago, brandon said:

“I don’t know whether to say which one I’m gonna retire. Well, I’m not retiring it, I’m just not playing it. It’s a hit, and I’m not playing it on this tour because it doesn’t suit the tour and I feel good about that.”

hmmm any predictions on what song she’s talking about :creep:??

it must be either hollywood, oh no or i am not a robot