Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

I think people need to understand aswell it’s probably really difficult for her when she has such a devoted fan base and what they want is at odds with her. She’s happy making the music she likes and genuinely seems interested in the subjects she sings about. 

On 2/9/2022 at 11:29 PM, the ocean said:

she's had some beef with ellie (by far the worst), lana, charli, azealia lol, lily allen

I personally wouldn’t say she had “beef” with Lana, but I can see why people would. They seemed to be casual friends who driffted apart over the years + I think marina might have been a bit weary to associate herself with Lana after qftc since it gained so much backlash. Anyways, I never saw anyone talk about this but she liked a meme on ig with that gif of Lana spinning on snl a little while ago which I thought was interesting since she hasn’t mentioned Lana for a long time

the energy is weird in here today :eartha2:

anyways i will forever love marina. i think we fail to understand that shes human, and the girl has been a victim to every "marina's poor/broke/etc" joke for how long and still goes through that shit. of course, she's defensive. i don't blame her. i would get so fed up and frustrated w that shit if i were in her position. it's annoying and completely uncalled for. 

ok i said my peace. time to back into hiding. 

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

32 minutes ago, xxmissdaytonaxx said:

the energy is weird in here today :eartha2:

anyways i will forever love marina. i think we fail to understand that shes human, and the girl has been a victim to every "marina's poor/broke/etc" joke for how long and still goes through that shit. of course, she's defensive. i don't blame her. i would get so fed up and frustrated w that shit if i were in her position. it's annoying and completely uncalled for. 

ok i said my peace. time to back into hiding. 

I'll never understand why she thinks that being called poor is offensive. If my fanbase joked about it, I would use it in my favor and move on

6 minutes ago, BluebirdXO said:

I'll never understand why she thinks that being called poor is offensive. If my fanbase joked about it, I would use it in my favor and move on

Probably because it’s been the same recycled joke for the last 10 years :oprah3: I doubt it’s that deep, y’all just need new material 

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

16 hours ago, godsmonster said:

I think Saviour needs more attention because she's so good

sad we never got the "official" version

I don't understand why they haven't leaked the unedited version. 

I think many of the leaks were confirmed to be edited in some form. 

16 hours ago, BluebirdXO said:

Hahaha yeah me too, I would be like:

"yeah guys I'm poor as fuck, please send me money". 

Hikaru Utada ‱ BANKS ‱ Rina Sawayama ‱ Aly & AJ ‱ MARINA ‱ Björk ‱ Kate Bush ‱ Marion Ravn ‱ Carly Rae Jepsen ‱
Hilary Duff ‱ Charli XCX ‱ The Cardigans ‱ Mitski ‱ Phoebe Bridgers ‱ Allie X ‱ Caroline Polachek ‱ Meg & Dia ‱ Dia Frampton ‱ Olivia Lufkin ‱ Poppy ‱ Grimes ‱ Melanie Martinez ‱ Lana Del Rey ‱ Bat for Lashes ‱ Ayumi Hamasaki  ‱ Paramore ‱ Hayley Williams ‱ Evanescence/Amy Lee ‱ ACO ‱ LIGHTS ‱ Alexz Johnson ‱ Avril Lavigne ‱ Florrie ‱ Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm ‱ Tove Lo ‱ Sky Ferreira ‱ HANA ‱ Daine ‱ Foxes ‱ CHVRCHES ‱ Lorde

Pink Convertible live debut in Minneapolis
we won

Edit: Her energy was INSANE tonight, she absolutely served in every way - I had low expectations as I was underwhelmed with her L+F tour, but she really redeemed herself in my eyes with this show. She briefly met us fans after the show and was so sweet. :’) Just when I think I’m ready to retire my stan card, she pulls me right back in
 :oprah:

♡ giphy-1.gif ♡

15 hours ago, Downtown Baby Doll said:

Pink Convertible live debut in Minneapolis
we won

Edit: Her energy was INSANE tonight, she absolutely served in every way - I had low expectations as I was underwhelmed with her L+F tour, but she really redeemed herself in my eyes with this show. She briefly met us fans after the show and was so sweet. :’) Just when I think I’m ready to retire my stan card, she pulls me right back in
 :oprah:

That's most of us here all the time haha

Hikaru Utada ‱ BANKS ‱ Rina Sawayama ‱ Aly & AJ ‱ MARINA ‱ Björk ‱ Kate Bush ‱ Marion Ravn ‱ Carly Rae Jepsen ‱
Hilary Duff ‱ Charli XCX ‱ The Cardigans ‱ Mitski ‱ Phoebe Bridgers ‱ Allie X ‱ Caroline Polachek ‱ Meg & Dia ‱ Dia Frampton ‱ Olivia Lufkin ‱ Poppy ‱ Grimes ‱ Melanie Martinez ‱ Lana Del Rey ‱ Bat for Lashes ‱ Ayumi Hamasaki  ‱ Paramore ‱ Hayley Williams ‱ Evanescence/Amy Lee ‱ ACO ‱ LIGHTS ‱ Alexz Johnson ‱ Avril Lavigne ‱ Florrie ‱ Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm ‱ Tove Lo ‱ Sky Ferreira ‱ HANA ‱ Daine ‱ Foxes ‱ CHVRCHES ‱ Lorde

The stars aligned and I got front row for her Chicago show tonight. She was incredible (and turns out her father worked in Chicago for a bit when he was 21 which is neat). The lack of big screens or outfit changes did not really matter irl, and it was nice to have her on stage for the entire show. 

my only complaint is that the dudes besides me seemed to only know like one song and I hate that so many fans would’ve killed to be in their spot yet they barely smiled the entire show 

giphy.gif

✹ I can't believe there's something left in my chest anymore ✹