Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

1 minute ago, Elle said:

Rebecca Lamis, a founder of Quantum NFT who has helped organize Pussy Riot's NFT projects, posted the following on instagram: "So, I heard a rumor that @marinadiamandis will be onboarded into the world of NFTs soon. Can you guess who’s onboarding her?"

are you fucking kidding me? :heidi:

lowkey swear this is like the scene in don't look up where everything is going great with the comet (climate change) and then they discover materials in the comet (crypto + nfts) and the earth is doomed (because crypto sucks energy etc etc)

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

3 minutes ago, BluebirdXO said:

Marina really doesn't care about what she sings about does she?

this is why artists need to stop being political in their music. you can't be a millionaire and preach how capitalism makes us poor.

i love you, but you don't understand me.

are u satisfied was cute for flop + filler tour but its time to dust off the other deep cuts too hun 

also not her becoming a NFT hunty she aint ready for the backlash she really wants to put the final nail into the unstable coffin called her career 

59 minutes ago, Vanilla Icy said:

this is why artists need to stop being political in their music. you can't be a millionaire and preach how capitalism makes us poor.

several key points were made here ngl:true:

negAbhB.png

3 hours ago, Elle said:

Rebecca Lamis, a founder of Quantum NFT who has helped organize Pussy Riot's NFT projects, posted the following on instagram: "So, I heard a rumor that @marinadiamandis will be onboarded into the world of NFTs soon. Can you guess who’s onboarding her?"

What a surprise, Marina again being a hypocrite. 

I really don't like NFTs nor I don't want to support her in this venture. She can do it if she wants to, but what the hell is going on with her fucking singing about fucking mother nature and then doing this NFT thing that truly hurts the environment. 

Is she ignorant or what? 

It wouldn't be that bad if she had principles and wouldn't preach her audience with her "omg the earth is dying and we are doing it wrong it's time to wake up and change" songs but at the same time she is chasing easy money and stupid trends. 

Fucking ignorant and hypocrite. 

Edit: well "apparently" it's "not" NFTs but something called "Web3" which is just like an NFT but not that harmful. Still, it's such a dumb idea and most people will link the whole Web3 with NFTs and this will hurt her image heavily, specially part of her fanbase will see this as a hypocrite move. 

I will still support her music but damn, I don't see any of her 2008-2015 Marina in this current Marina. I'm disappointed.  I really thought she was more sincere and honest. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

girl has the audacity to sing about mother nature dying and then pulling this shit? embarrassing 

also loling :toofunny: i went and looked at the adiaml deluxe spotify page for funsies and… free woman doesn’t even have half a million streams and it’s been out for two months 

she is REALLLLLY in her flop era huh

also her latest insta post… can someone tell her that ptp and vft are not rock 💀 

30 minutes ago, brandon said:

girl has the audacity to sing about mother nature dying and then pulling this shit? embarrassing 

also loling :toofunny: i went and looked at the adiaml deluxe spotify page for funsies and… free woman doesn’t even have half a million streams and it’s been out for two months 

she is REALLLLLY in her flop era huh

also her latest insta post… can someone tell her that ptp and vft are not rock 💀 

I really do love her, but gosh, she makes it so hard to do so.

I need her to go away from "fake woke activists" like Pussy Riot who are also doing NFTs, it's just so hypocrite.

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

40 minutes ago, the ocean said:

i can already picture it : "my new pink convertible nft is up for sale now!" :bye:

That sounds VERY possible hahaha, I can picture a worst case scenario:

"Hiiii guys, my new mother nature is dying NFT is up, everything will be donated to Greenpeace".

:rip:

Gold is probably one of the worst songs in Marina's catalogue, and it's not because of its rather strange but a grower material sound -- it's a story about a millionairess singing about how she doesn't want more money but keeps having it anyway and her privilege of "freedom" LOL.

original.gif

8 minutes ago, vrtvie said:

Gold is probably one of the worst songs in Marina's catalogue, and it's not because of its rather strange but a grower material sound -- it's a story about a millionairess singing about how she doesn't want more money but keeps having it anyway and her privilege of "freedom" LOL.

i love the SOUND of gold but i completely agree with you on how it’s lyrics ruin it :awkney2:

such a waste of interesting production

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

I'm so tired of neoliberal celebrities (and just celebrities in general) :blanche7: All I'm gonna say is don't act like you give a shit about the climate if you bother with NFTs. Marina could very well just not be educated on them, but even if that's true, you need to do your research on things before you promote them. Hopefully, she ends up not actually doing it

imageproxy.jpg