Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

17 hours ago, brandon said:

also her latest insta post… can someone tell her that ptp and vft are not rock 💀 

Hmmm I would consider Purge the Poison pop-rock maybe? But Venus Fly Trap is a whole stretch. 

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

17 hours ago, brandon said:

also her latest insta post… can someone tell her that ptp and vft are not rock 💀 

There are no strict borders for any genre, I believe. I think there are elements of rock in these tracks. Let me just remind y'all that Lorde's Royals gained awards for the best rock song and best rock video categories, so...

PTP (and to a much lesser extent VFT) absolutely have rock-elements. PTP is def a form of pop/rock.

tbh i’d say her only song that is the closest to rock is Bubblegum Bitch, and even that is still pop/rock (that’s a huge reason why i love it so much:P)

negAbhB.png

also she definitely said “rock show” because she has a live band with her. having seen this tour, the songs have a much more rock/live band feel than pop since there’s heavy drums, and guitars. obv she’s a pop star but her songs live don’t have as much synths and more pop-y elements to them

negAbhB.png

7 minutes ago, godsmonster said:

PTP (and to a much lesser extent VFT) absolutely have rock-elements. PTP is def a form of pop/rock.

tbh i’d say her only song that is the closest to rock is Bubblegum Bitch, and even that is still pop/rock (that’s a huge reason why i love it so much:P)

What about Better Than That? I thought of that one as the closest-to-rock Marina track.

5 minutes ago, AOK said:

What about Better Than That? I thought of that one as the closest-to-rock Marina track.

oh i forgot about that lmfao

BB was the first one to come to mind

negAbhB.png

Just now, godsmonster said:

oh i forgot about that lmfao

BB was the first one to come to mind

I love BTT, one of my ultimate favourites from Marina.

Spoiler

The whole FROOT is a total serve, actually, but BTT is among the best tracks off that album

OMFG ELECTRA HEART (THE SONG) IS FINALLY AVAILABLE  ON SPOTIFY IN SWEDEN. I FEEL BLESSED :oprah2::rollin:

Its Been 84 Years GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

5 minutes ago, the ocean said:

she wants your money to make more shitty candles

just download it like 

yeah, downloaded it a few years ago. She can have my money though.

I really don't know why but my phone does not allow me (whatever I do, it just won't work:deadbanana:) to listen to downloaded files on spotify so I'm happy about this.

Now it'd be nice to get E.V.O.L. and the accoustic versions of Lies, Primadonna, Starring Role and Radioactive etc on streaming too... :slayty:

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

3 hours ago, vrtvie said:

Gold is probably one of the worst songs in Marina's catalogue, and it's not because of its rather strange but a grower material sound -- it's a story about a millionairess singing about how she doesn't want more money but keeps having it anyway and her privilege of "freedom" LOL.

What a way to make me go from love that song to hate it :(

3 hours ago, the ocean said:

i love the SOUND of gold but i completely agree with you on how it’s lyrics ruin it :awkney2:

such a waste of interesting production

I agree with you good sis

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

Wow, no one here defended her as I thought someone would.

It's going to be a huge meltdown for her if she happens to announce her NFT. It wouldn't be that bad if she wouldn't have preached too much about "saving the mother nature" in her music after the hiatus.

I just can't with hypocrite people, not even if it's one of my favorite artists.
I will keep on supporting her, but I will let her know when she's acting like a clown. Someone must stop her from doing dumb things.

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

2 hours ago, 13beachess said:

OMFG ELECTRA HEART (THE SONG) IS FINALLY AVAILABLE  ON SPOTIFY IN SWEDEN. I FEEL BLESSED :oprah2::rollin:

Its Been 84 Years GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

i think it used to be available a few years ago at least in the Brazilian spotify howeveer it disappeared but now its back online :party:

she should’ve kept this song on the album lets say a closing bonus track. I think someone once mentioned that Electra Heart the song was changed last minute by Bubblegum Bitch on the tracklist right?

I want to have an opinion on the whole NFT thing but no matter how many times people have tried to explain it to me I still don’t understand:toofunny: . Since she claims to be such a big advocate for this planet (I do believe that she is), I just hope that whatever she decides to do, it is done with thorough research and careful consideration 

2 hours ago, vrtvie said:

it wasn't even finished when the album dropped, how was it supposed to make it to the tracklist?

The tea.