Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

She's actually sick in the head for this tracklist.

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

30 minutes ago, 111 said:

deluxe tracklist + evol and electra heart

What a fucking joke 😡 

I hate her so much. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

this would’ve been a cute moment if she just put those 2 songs on the deluxe edition on streaming without making it a whole Platinum Blonde Edition moment :toofunny: It’s 2 songs that have been out for years like this really isn’t giving what a whole new anniversary edition of an album should be giving bdjdjfj 

qfrWuBl.png

1 minute ago, EYEYE said:

she really did the bare minimum.

This is what makes me angry the most. 

Why creating hype for a 10th anniversary release? Why call it the platinum blonde edition if at the end you are just adding two songs that should have been added long ago and that most of the fans already have? 

Sure it's nice to have all those songs in one album, but creating too much hype for nothing is plain mean.

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

53 minutes ago, 5adboy said:

Not a Lana forum complaining about unreleased music :facepalm: y’all leave Marina alone at least she did something for the 10th anniversary… Lana didn’t do shit for the BTD anniversary 

I wouldn't judge lana yet, maybe she's just waiting till November to re-release the whole born to die : the paradise edition .. this would actually make much more sense than just re-releasing b2d .. let's pray for a 4-disc re-issue (CD 1 - Born To Die Deluxe CD, CD 2 - Paradise inc. Burning Desire, CD 3 - outtakes + demos, DVD - including all music video's from that era) 

19 minutes ago, coldsparklingmountaindew said:

I wouldn't judge lana yet, maybe she's just waiting till November to re-release the whole born to die : the paradise edition .. this would actually make much more sense than just re-releasing b2d .. let's pray for a 4-disc re-issue (CD 1 - Born To Die Deluxe CD, CD 2 - Paradise inc. Burning Desire, CD 3 - outtakes + demos, DVD - including all music video's from that era) 

oh you’re a dreamer 

i don’t think that makes much sense tbh bc i feel like she views paradise as it’s own thing rather than a part of BTD 

Florence basically did the same thing with her 10th anniversary edition. The language yall use towards Marina in this thread is always lowkey sad :biblio:

giphy.gif

I can't believe there's something left in my chest anymore 

6 minutes ago, brandon said:

oh you’re a dreamer 

i don’t think that makes much sense tbh bc i feel like she views paradise as it’s own thing rather than a part of BTD 

of course she does, but maybe her label doesn't ... it would save the label some money to re-release the Paradise Edition instead of 2 seperate re-issues (especially if we'd seriously get a physical re-issue with a music video dvd and an outtake cd with content from both projects) 

Just Desserts wasn't part of EH's rollout

Marina literally hasn't hyped nor said anything about this edition apart of "Wednesdays Electra Heart 10th anniversary edition" 

Tracks like S&P (which she said it was very TFJ-esque to be on EH), Miss Y, Bump In The Night, Jealousy don't fit on EH's concept and are probably unfinished (Eternity could've been a cute choice, though). 

What she had to do is to at least add Su-Barbie-A, The Archetypes and Starting Role demo as they were part of EH's rollout and didn't have a proper release 

If y'all simply are disappointed and angry at her for putting out this, then don't stream and let it flop. It isn't hard :creep:

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

8 minutes ago, Venus Fly Trap said:

Just Desserts wasn't part of EH's rollout

What do you mean by this? EVOL and Just Desserts were released only three months apart in 2013, both before the title track came out in 2014. All three were from 2011, around the time she was working on the album. 

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

5 minutes ago, Venus Fly Trap said:

Marina literally hasn't hyped nor said anything about this edition apart of "Wednesdays Electra Heart 10th anniversary edition" 

Tracks like S&P (which she said it was very TFJ-esque to be on EH), Miss Y, Bump In The Night, Jealousy don't fit on EH's concept and are probably unfinished (Eternity could've been a cute choice, though). 

What she had to do is to at least add Su-Barbie-A, The Archetypes and Starting Role demo as they were part of EH's rollout and didn't have a proper release 

yeah idk why people are saying she shouldn’t have hyped it like.. literally no one created hype but us, she hasn’t even announced it - like i get it’s disappointing but the wording in this thread is..

also interesting! i feel like Miss Y is actually one of the outtakes that feel the most like it would have fit into EH - it feels very like, valley of the dolls, that picture of her on a dark street with a suitcase always makes me think of “i walked all night long in the dark just to be standing here

eternity and double life seem like they’d fit too

starring role demo would feel kinda useless -  but the interludes would be soooo nice