Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

24 minutes ago, Coloringbooks said:

What do you mean by this? EVOL and Just Desserts were released only three months apart in 2013, both before the title track came out in 2014. All three were from 2011, around the time she was working on the album. 

She stated in like 2012 that The Other Foot was supposed to be for a rapper. But then she reworked it and released it for fun when the tour with Charli was announced.

I don't think it really fits on EH and just view it as an extra song. 

23 minutes ago, Coloringbooks said:

What do you mean by this? EVOL and Just Desserts were released only three months apart in 2013, both before the title track came out in 2014. All three were from 2011, around the time she was working on the album. 

Just Desserts was a standalone single that wasn't meant for Electra Heart nor even for die Life. It's a rework of a scrapped/never finalised collab made in 2011 with an unknown rapper. Just because it was released in 2013 doesn't mean it was part of EH's era or rollout, unlike EVOL which is an outtake of EH that didn't make the cut on the album yet was released as a standalone single

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

Some of the criticism on her over this is pretty harsh on here.

But tbh this release is pointless if you live outside of the US. The deluxe has been available for years and Electra Heart was released by Betatraxx. So realistically the only thing we are getting is EVOL.

Unless there's cds/vinyl releases of this version, they should've just plopped EVOL as a single on streaming and let it slide.

自由になる自由がある

marina finding a way to make EVOL into an NFT

llo-gi-0427119.jpg

Spoiler

no but this release is so pointless seeing as we have everything officially bar EVOL :toofunny:

there was so much potential for a disc 2 but she always gives us blue balls for unreleased tracks then leaves

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

if she were not to release those unreleased tracks she could've at least added all acoustics and some interludes from lonely hearts club tour. p&c interlude is hella good

original.gif

13 minutes ago, vrtvie said:

if she were not to release those unreleased tracks she could've at least added all acoustics and some interludes from lonely hearts club tour. p&c interlude is hella good

honestly the fact that she (and her label) dont make acoustic albums/eps for her records is such a loss considering she goes out of the way to make the recordings to begin with 

also reminder to everyone that the radioactive acoustic exists :krylie:

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

34 minutes ago, vrtvie said:

Y'all would complain saying we already have the acoustics and it's honestly very unlikely from Marina to release interludes from live performances or tours apart for the 2018/19 FROOT intro that wasn't even uploaded by her nnn

12 minutes ago, Venus Fly Trap said:

Y'all would complain saying we already have the acoustics and it's honestly very unlikely from Marina to release interludes from live performances or tours apart for the 2018/19 FROOT intro that wasn't even uploaded by her nnn

ik : ( a delusional girl can dream right....... but EH is the only album of hers that's perhaps gonna get an anniversary edition so it is our last chance tbh

original.gif

3 hours ago, Formation said:

Florence basically did the same thing with her 10th anniversary edition. The language yall use towards Marina in this thread is always lowkey sad :biblio:

You're kidding right??

First of all Florence has a habit of releasing demos, and second of all she did release new songs that she hadn't released before.

Plus regardless she had THIS:

How does Marina compare in the slightest?

3722222-2471340.jpg

10 minutes ago, 111 said:

we been knew!

I live a double life don't you

I really thought that after the ADIML deluxe, we would be eating good and having more outtakes and demos included in re-releases. But no.

Bitch loves to say that she loves Scab & Plaster and she won't release it.

Also poor Miss Y, she deserves better

R.I.P. Just Desserts

R.I.P. Die Life second coming

OT but Bad Kidz on Spotify when?

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde