Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

I almost forgot how good Primadonna is

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

I didn’t necessarily want her to add random scrapped songs to the EH Platinum Blonde Edition cause that would kinda ruin it as a cohesive body of work (although a b-side album would’ve been nice), but I do wish she added 1 more song that fit the album so it would’ve been 20 songs instead of 19 :toofunny: 

qfrWuBl.png

1 hour ago, Foxes said:

the way she didn't add just desserts simply due to her one-sided beef with charli :magikarp:

why y'all have to suspect and be so ignorant and annoying when it comes to post on this thread? marina and charli are in good terms and charli recently acknowledged the familiar FROOT moment and posted a TikTok singing Primadonna. You don't know why JD wasn't added on the tracklist 

JD has nothing, fucking nothing to do with Electra Heart as an era and album and Marina adding it in the PB tracklist would make no sense at all and that's why I'm sure it isn't there. would it be a cute bonus track because its message is similar to some songs on eh? maybe, but again: it didn't have shit to do with Electra Heart

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

I wish she changed the tracklist order with the deluxe tracks a bit on the Platinum Blonde Edition so it flowed better. HTBAH has no business going after Fear and Loathing... It would've been a moment if she had Fear and Loathing go into the title track at the end of the album tbh

qfrWuBl.png

44 minutes ago, Venus Fly Trap said:

why y'all have to suspect and be so ignorant and annoying when it comes to post on this thread? marina and charli are in good terms and charli recently acknowledged the familiar FROOT moment and posted a TikTok singing Primadonna. You don't know why JD wasn't added on the tracklist 

JD has nothing, fucking nothing to do with Electra Heart as an era and album and Marina adding it in the PB tracklist would make no sense at all and that's why I'm sure it isn't there. would it be a cute bonus track because its message is similar to some songs on eh? maybe, but again: it didn't have shit to do with Electra Heart

i mean my comment was just a silly little throwaway not in any serious way but werk diva

tumblr_nqdg6cs78L1ra4d6ro1_500.gif

8 hours ago, Venus Fly Trap said:

I mean, we know Just Desserts wasn't intended for the OG album. But the song was originally written in 2011 + released as a droplet around the same time as EVOL. It's definitely apart of the era, and wouldn't be too out of place on the rerelease tbh.

I would've loved for her to add some more songs, but I'm glad we got EVOL and the title track 

𝕀 𝕔𝕝𝕠𝕤𝕖 𝕞𝕪 𝕖𝕪𝕖𝕤, 𝕒𝕥 𝕟𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕀 𝕨𝕚𝕤𝕙 𝕥𝕠 𝕣𝕚𝕤𝕖 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕦𝕤𝕥

25 minutes ago, Coloringbooks said:

I mean, we know Just Desserts wasn't intended for the OG album. But the song was originally written in 2011 + released as a droplet around the same time as EVOL. It's definitely apart of the era, and wouldn't be too out of place on the rerelease tbh.

I would've loved for her to add some more songs, but I'm glad we got EVOL and the title track 

The title track is very dated and not pleasant sounding to me…I wish it was left off

1 hour ago, evalionisameme said:

The title track is very dated and not pleasant sounding to me…I wish it was left off

This is not even a hot take it's just the truth. The melody is fine, but it makes no sense to turn that song into a dubstep track, like, 0 sense

9 hours ago, Venus Fly Trap said:

it's worth mentioning that Marina has never addressed it and it was always Charli the one who reassured us they were fine and interacted with her

Even if there is no beef, Marina is still wrong for never mentioning Charli not even once

13 minutes ago, Charlottexseax said:

This is not even a hot take it's just the truth. The melody is fine, but it makes no sense to turn that song into a dubstep track, like, 0 sense

it's worth mentioning that Marina has never addressed it and it was always Charli the one who reassured us they were fine and interacted with her

Even if there is no beef, Marina is still wrong for never mentioning Charli not even once

I don’t think it’s a big thing and they just drifted apart naturally but it’s weird how she never replies to any of charlis mentions 

Wow I haven't listened to EVOL in yearssssss and listening to it when I was 15 with no life experience compared to now, the song hits different. Love can indeed fuck up two beautiful people :cryney2:

3 hours ago, Coloringbooks said:

The Other Foot (the OG version of JD) was written for a rapper in 2011 with an absolute different producer, and its reworked revamp was made and released just for fun (Marina said so). Though lyrically does fit on EH and got put out around the same as EVOL, it really hasn't shit to do with EH and likely was released bc Marina and Choli were real good friends then and both wanted to release a collab

2 hours ago, Charlottexseax said:

That's true, but although Marina hasn't publicly apologized for it, she has replied comments on few Charli posts on IG and acknowledged her (I believe sjsksksks, I ain't quite sure of this last one so I may be wrong), which (at least to me) leads to believe they're not in bad terms, otherwise, both wouldn't be following each other on IG and acknowledging themselves. I'm saying this because I don't really believe Merna didn't put JD on the PBE for the familiar FROOT thing (it may be a possibility though, but I think for that to be true they'd have to be in not good terms + there are also more reasons) 

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

Time for people to come to terms with the fact that Miss Y and Scab and Plaster do not fit the album at all. Thematically they’re just much more MARINA than they are Electra. Some of my favorite tracks but just don’t belong on the album 

giphy.gif

I can't believe there's something left in my chest anymore