Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

52 minutes ago, Formation said:

Time for people to come to terms with the fact that Miss Y and Scab and Plaster do not fit the album at all. Thematically they’re just much more MARINA than they are Electra. Some of my favorite tracks but just don’t belong on the album 

Thematically??? MARINA themes are the complete opposite of that.

Miss Y is about being dissatisfied with where you are right now, and Scab & Plaster is about her dad, both of which are NOT themes of L+F or ADIAML.

Have you actually listened to her music??? lol

1 hour ago, Formation said:

Time for people to come to terms with the fact that Miss Y and Scab and Plaster do not fit the album at all. Thematically they’re just much more MARINA than they are Electra. Some of my favorite tracks but just don’t belong on the album 

Buy The Stars is also about her dad and is on the album? 

I think Scab & Plaster, Jealousy, Miss Y & Just Desserts should be on the platinum edition.

1 hour ago, Charlottexseax said:

Miss Y is about being dissatisfied with where you are right now, and Scab & Plaster is about her dad, both of which are NOT themes of L+F or ADIAML.

I mean MARINA as in the person not the era's beyond Froot. Sure she could change the lyric that mentions her name from Miss Y and it'd be more of a fit given the themes of identity, but it's just more of a personal track for me that dips into ideas that went into the creation of EH rather than it being a track that belongs on the record. 

1 hour ago, coldsparklingmountaindew said:

Buy The Stars is also about her dad and is on the album? 

I think Scab & Plaster, Jealousy, Miss Y & Just Desserts should be on the platinum edition.

Yeah which is why I don't think Buy the Stars fits EH. Sex Yeah is also a stretch thematically. Again, it's not about whether I like the tracks, but most people do nothing but complain about L+F not being cohesive but then beg her to add tracks to EH that make the storyline (that's barely there) even shakier. 

giphy.gif

I can't believe there's something left in my chest anymore 

Marina's portraying another character on Miss Y and the song is basically about being a flop so I'm not sure whether it could fit on EH or not. 

Scab and Plaster is about her dad and as Marina said very TFJ-esque to be on EH so I'm also not sure since BTS's in the album

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

2 minutes ago, Formation said:

I mean MARINA as in the person not the era's beyond Froot. Sure she could change the lyric that mentions her name from Miss Y and it'd be more of a fit given the themes of identity, but it's just more of a personal track for me that dips into ideas that went into the creation of EH rather than it being a track that belongs on the record. 

May you explain more your interpretation of Miss Y? To me the song is basically about flopping lol. Tbh I like to think it's Marina's reaction after seeing TFJ's performance commercially and critically (aka a flop for her expectatives and ambitions) so the song hits harder 

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

5 minutes ago, Formation said:

Yeah which is why I don't think Buy the Stars fits EH. Sex Yeah is also a stretch thematically. Again, it's not about whether I like the tracks, but most people do nothing but complain about L+F not being cohesive but then beg her to add tracks to EH that make the storyline (that's barely there) even shakier. 

Marina is the person, MARINA is the era, and even then, they do not fit thematically where Marina is at at all. Marina is very satisfied with her fame and she doesn't have issues with her father.

7 hours ago, evalionisameme said:

The title track is very dated and not pleasant sounding to me…I wish it was left off

the music video version is much nicer, these dubstep beats are very cheap. to me, this and lies are the songs that aged too much

original.gif

50 minutes ago, Venus Fly Trap said:

May you explain more your interpretation of Miss Y? To me the song is basically about flopping lol. Tbh I like to think it's Marina's reaction after seeing TFJ's performance commercially and critically (aka a flop for her expectatives and ambitions) so the song hits harder 

Interesting! I actually see it a bit as a reaction to success—ie she worked so hard to breakthrough and she did but it wasn’t what she thought it’d be like. It’s clear that she worked with a bunch of collaborators post TFJ bc she felt she needed a new experience with music to figure out who she really was musically (even if she knew she was being pushed to being more a commercial sound by her label). But I totally agree it could be more of a take on TFJ not being exactly the success she could’ve hoped for. 

34 minutes ago, Charlottexseax said:

Marina is the person, MARINA is the era, and even then, they do not fit thematically where Marina is at at all. Marina is very satisfied with her fame and she doesn't have issues with her father.

I was using capital letters for emphasis. And I’m not sure I get what you’re referring to with the second half of your post. Yes Marina seems to have a clearer relationship with her father and fame, but that was not the case in 2011. I am not saying that Miss Y, S&P, or other 2011 outtakes should be released now under a new project—I’m saying they did not lyrically fit on EH  (in the way people characterize EH as a concept album) so they should just not be officially released at all unless it’s for a catch-all compilation of outtakes record. 

giphy.gif

I can't believe there's something left in my chest anymore 

Currently listening to Electra Heart like the first time i heard it in 2012 - grade 6, feeling like a beauty queen super super super super suicidal

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

On 4/30/2022 at 11:34 AM, Charlottexseax said:

Hypocrates & Buy the Stars say hello

tumblr_m9qygi5S6s1rdc44xo1_500.gif

been listening to Electra Heart everyday since last week and oooh my god the nostalgia and growing pains :crai:I'm kind of worried about how all of the songs feel even more relatable now than they did when I was 13

strong like a tree but the unlucky one 

1 hour ago, eyelovelefteye said:

Hypocrates & Buy the Stars say hello

?? Did you mean to respond to another comment?? cause I know BTS and Hypocrates are about her father and fit EH i don't know what you're responding to (genuinely asking)