Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

9 minutes ago, avenue said:

she’s a kate fan in my heart

I think she’s a Kate bush fan in reality. I swear she mentioned it in an ADIAML livestream or around that time

Everytime I try to fly, I fall

25 minutes ago, avenue said:

The Family Jewels is too Kate Bush-ish to ignore. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

30 minutes ago, EXODUS said:

I'm shook, I really really though she was very influenced by Kate or at least she listened to Kate.

I really thought I read somewhere that she was a Kate fan. And God knows I have been a diamond since 2010, what the effin hell. 

I'm shook and not gonna lie, a little disappointed haha

7 hours ago, Danny Milk said:

the funny thing is...

28 minutes ago, avenue said:

18 minutes ago, Tropico Angel said:

I think she’s a Kate bush fan in reality. I swear she mentioned it in an ADIAML livestream or around that time

She’s been a Kate fan since at least 2006. This interview is from 2009 and Marina says she loves Kate’s music. Here‘s an excerpt:

The songs you’ve shared thus far are quite dramatic and definitely have an air of Kate Bush which rings through more than other people in the last few years who have been compared to her. Do you mind? Are you a fan? What are your favourite Bush songs?
I don’t mind. I don’t give it much thought. Not to say I don’t appreciate it, I am very flattered. When people started comparing me to her about three years ago, I was like ‘Who’s Kate Bush?’. Can you imagine?! Anyway, I got mum to send me six songs of hers in the post. ‘Babooshka’, ‘Running Up That Hill’, ‘Wuthering Heights’.. I definitely fell in love instantly. An instant click, it felt like she was my sonic sister and in a very genuine way. Not because I had every tried to sound like her. I really can’t imagine doing anything worse.

So she didn‘t grow up with Kate‘s music but definitely had known her for years when TFJ came out.

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

10 minutes ago, BlueINK said:

She’s been a Kate fan since at least 2006. This interview is from 2009 and Marina says she loves Kate’s music. Here‘s an excerpt:

The songs you’ve shared thus far are quite dramatic and definitely have an air of Kate Bush which rings through more than other people in the last few years who have been compared to her. Do you mind? Are you a fan? What are your favourite Bush songs?
I don’t mind. I don’t give it much thought. Not to say I don’t appreciate it, I am very flattered. When people started comparing me to her about three years ago, I was like ‘Who’s Kate Bush?’. Can you imagine?! Anyway, I got mum to send me six songs of hers in the post. ‘Babooshka’, ‘Running Up That Hill’, ‘Wuthering Heights’.. I definitely fell in love instantly. An instant click, it felt like she was my sonic sister and in a very genuine way. Not because I had every tried to sound like her. I really can’t imagine doing anything worse.

So she didn‘t grow up with Kate‘s music but definitely had known her for years when TFJ came out.

Whoa thanks, I'm very happy to read this. 

Sonic sister is very accurate. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

To be honest, I would not be surprised if she minimised her interest in Kate Bush back then just to prove her uniqueness with The Family Jewels, we know how salty Marina used to be at the time. Like, c'mon, you release tracks like Obsessions, Rootless and Mowgli's Road and then you say your biggest inspiration is Britney Spears and Madonna? :toofloppy:

Also Guilty screams Fiona Apple's Criminal.

original.gif

Just now, vrtvie said:

To be honest, I would not be surprised if she minimised her interest in Kate Bush back then just to prove her uniqueness with The Family Jewels, we know how salty Marina used to be back then. Like, c'mon, you release tracks like Obsessions, Rootless and Mowgli's Road and then you say your biggest inspiration is Britney Spears and Madonna? :toofloppy:

girls literally sounds like there goes a tenner with updated production

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

1 minute ago, avenue said:

girls literally sounds like there goes a tenner with updated production

I love your botox bitch I curtsey for youuuuu :candy:

original.gif

25 minutes ago, Betty Blue said:

THANK THE HEAVENS.... more electra outtakes plss

I love this song!! Imagine the serve if we got outtakes on the platinum blonde edition :poordat:

𝕀 𝕔𝕝𝕠𝕤𝕖 𝕞𝕪 𝕖𝕪𝕖𝕤, 𝕒𝕥 𝕟𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕀 𝕨𝕚𝕤𝕙 𝕥𝕠 𝕣𝕚𝕤𝕖 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕦𝕤𝕥

1 hour ago, Betty Blue said:

THANK THE HEAVENS.... more electra outtakes plss

I can see why it was left out of the album, but it had so much potential :defeated:

I guess some lyric ideas from it turned into other songs.

自由になる自由がある

Finally! She's coming to Mexico!