Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

4 hours ago, Life said:

the way S&P, Living Dead/Demo, Radioactive (Demo), Double Life fit together so well makes me hate that we didnt' get die Life properly. but then the fact we got Electra Heart who can complain really.

:rollin:

Honestly I feel like Die Life and Electra Heart needed to be merged - thematically and sonically, they blur way too much to be separate co-existing projects; if anything, a LOVE + FEAR style tracklisting or a two-part release with 1 cohesive era would've been a cute way to go about it in an alternate timeline

12 hours ago, Tana Mongeau said:

eating pure vagina

I think Double Life and the leaked demo of Radioactive were both from after Die Life got scrapped anyway :smokes:

𝕀 𝕔𝕝𝕠𝕤𝕖 𝕞𝕪 𝕖𝕪𝕖𝕤, 𝕒𝕥 𝕟𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕀 𝕨𝕚𝕤𝕙 𝕥𝕠 𝕣𝕚𝕤𝕖 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕦𝕤𝕥

It still would have been wise to release Die Life EP and then Electra Heart album even with some Die Life songs. Die Life was about Marina, Electra Heart was about the society that Marina was a part of, after all.

original.gif

2 hours ago, EYEYE said:

what tracklists are yall using for die life?

ive got

1. jealousy

2. living dead

3. miss y

4. power & control

5. scab and plaster (her best unreleased song mwah)

6. sex yeah

7. starring role

8. cruel rule

9. bump in the night

10. hold me

and before anyone drags me (esp for the last 3) i have not thoroughly researched what was actually meant for that album or not, i just like having things in their own album instead of floating around in an unreleased collection :rip:

34 minutes ago, 400lux said:

ive got

1. jealousy

2. living dead

3. miss y

4. power & control

5. scab and plaster (her best unreleased song mwah)

6. sex yeah

7. starring role

8. cruel rule

9. bump in the night

10. hold me

and before anyone drags me (esp for the last 3) i have not thoroughly researched what was actually meant for that album or not, i just like having things in their own album instead of floating around in an unreleased collection :rip:

I think (I'm not sure) but I think all the songs are correct except for Starring Role which I THINK it was written after she decided the whole EH project. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

10 minutes ago, EXODUS said:

I think (I'm not sure) but I think all the songs are correct except for Starring Role which I THINK it was written after she decided the whole EH project. 

Eternity (aka Hold Me) and Bump in the Night are also from after die Life was scrapped, and Cruel Rule is a L+F demo circa 2017

12 hours ago, Tana Mongeau said:

eating pure vagina

8 minutes ago, AlexIl said:

Eternity (aka Hold Me) and Bump in the Night are also from after die Life was scrapped, and Cruel Rule is a L+F demo circa 2017

Wow, I don't know how Cruel Rule slipped away from me lol

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

11 hours ago, EXODUS said:

11 hours ago, AlexIl said:

I'm 99% certain Starring Role was meant for Die Life, and even if some songs were made after EH idea was conceived, it does not make them necessarily Electra Heartish, see Bump in the Night which even includes her own name.

I wonder how demo of Hypocrates might have sounded, I would love to hear Die Life version of it, which even if does not exist, would make sense seeing it is about her father (I do know that one can interpret it as about a romantic partner, but Marina knew exactly what she was doing with the title).

original.gif

2 hours ago, vrtvie said:

I'm 99% certain Starring Role was meant for Die Life

actually, it was the first song Marina had written for the electra heart project before die life and electra merged

16 hours ago, EYEYE said:

what tracklists are yall using for die life?

This is how i have the electra heart era 

Spoiler

Die Life

01. Living Dead

02. Scab & Plaster

03. Eternity

04. Bump In The Night

05. Sinful (It fits)

06. Double Life

07. Like The Other Girls (Interlude)

08. E.V.O.L.

09. Radioactive (Demo) [Yes i stole it from EH]
10. Jealousy

11. Lonely Hearts Club

12. Just Desserts

13. Miss Y

Spoiler

Electra Heart

01. THE ARCHETYPES

02. Electra Heart

02. Bubblegum Bitch

03. How To Be A Heartbreaker

04. Sex Yeah

05. Homewrecker

06. Lies

07. Power & Control

08. Su-BARBIE-A

09. Valley Of The Dolls

10. Starring Role

11. Teen Idle

12. State Of Dreaming

13. Primadonna

14. Buy The Stars

15. Hypocrates

16. Fear & Loathing

okay and before people come at me for the chronology or whatever not matching the timeline of creation… IDGAF! in my mind this makes EH’s Legacy feel more autobiographical and complete

gretchen-dance.gif

1 hour ago, miamigardenclub said:

actually, it was the first song Marina had written for the electra heart project before die life and electra merged

But it was produced by Kurstin who also produced Power & Control, Sex Yeah and Living Dead, so? 

original.gif

7 hours ago, vrtvie said:

But it was produced by Kurstin who also produced Power & Control, Sex Yeah and Living Dead, so? 

and rick nowels co-wrote soft to be strong but that doesn’t mean it was meant for electra :oic2:

kurstin is just who she was working with at the time, and if she had two solid ideas for two projects she could’ve definitely worked with the same person for both of them!

13 hours ago, brandon said:

and rick nowels co-wrote soft to be strong but that doesn’t mean it was meant for electra :oic2:

kurstin is just who she was working with at the time, and if she had two solid ideas for two projects she could’ve definitely worked with the same person for both of them!

I've done some research now and it seems that the lyrics to the track were posted on her Twitter in August 2010, so although she already must have had two projects in mind, it was only in February next year when she accepted her commercial landscape aka Dr Luke ambition (probably that's when she had to scrap EH as a seperate identity to Marina because her manager refused that), wrote Fear & Loathing and then merged them both. Well if one wants to count the song made half a year earlier, to each their own.

original.gif

Fun fact: Tim Nelson (the guy Tove is working with on DF who also prod. How Long, NODFL and True Romance) is actually BetaTraxx, the same producer who allowed Marina to record over an instrumental he once did... and that's how Electra Heart, the last chapter from the era, was born.

Elgm9Db.gif

well-so-im-done.gif

2 hours ago, Real Bad Girl said:

Fun fact: Tim Nelson (the guy Tove is working with on DF who also prod. How Long, NODFL and True Romance) is actually BetaTraxx, the same producer who allowed Marina to record over an instrumental he once did... and that's how Electra Heart, the last chapter from the era, was born.

Elgm9Db.gif

thats why they are bopz then