Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

On 10/18/2022 at 9:35 PM, Inferno Euphoria said:

What would be your perfect unreleased collection release in your opinions? For me it would be (Not an actual tracklist, just which songs i want released):

Hide contents

Jealousy

Die Life

I’m Not Hungry Anymore

Miss Y

What I Wanna Do

Starlight

Water Under the Bridge

Sinful

Art of Letting Go

Daddy Was a Sailor

*unheard TFH song

*unheard EH song

*Unheard FROOT song

*Unheard TFH song

*Unheard EH song

tumblr_m9qygi5S6s1rdc44xo1_500.gif

8 minutes ago, lanaismamom said:

What are these😮

Perhaps they're just denoting a spot for songs nobody has or knows of yet

Like when people make up a Greatest hits collection tracklist and put "NEW SONG" In place of a... Well, new song

Edited by The Siren

4 hours ago, letterblue said:

the anti L+F girls are fucking hilarious…..Orange Trees is literally camp….

It really is that bad-the out of key tuned hook-Ooooorange is just awful.

ancient dreams and purge the poison are genuinely good songs-I’m not saying they’re perfect but atleast they have a message and are decently written. We’re just in a era now where anything inspirational or political is deemed cringe musically like Xtina.

7 hours ago, LanaRayDelMar said:

love + fear was a great album. really fun era to be apart of and not to mention all the bussy poppin outtakes we got

ancient dreams was meh

stage name change was really the nail in the coffin

i wouldn't say great especially because of all the "bussy poppin" outtakes literally being right there but it's definitely not bad at all

ancient dreams... is an album! it's an album

5 hours ago, letterblue said:

the anti L+F girls are fucking hilarious…..Orange Trees is literally camp….

oOoOoOoOoOoOoOorAngE oOoOooOooOooOooOrange

disney-dance.gif

it's camp! it's camp

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

Y'all discussing L+F reminds me of that time where this thread became messy and awful to read due to the constant negativity existing here :popcorn: what terrible times!

Anyway, haven't heard L+F in a while but despite being her worst album, I don't think Mandarina fully deserved the DRAG she was receiving then lmao. It was her first actual bad release and at least some enjoyable bops were put out

Ancient Dreams, on the other hand, was an absolute improvement and a great album! Of course, some lyrics are questionable but Marina isn't a flawless artist, and what I appreciated from its lyrics is that Marina showed herself once again unashamed and inhibited by her lyricism, which is something I definitely missed from ha! 

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

Just now, the ocean said:

ok i partially take back my ancient dreams hate... it has a FEW good songs

title track, pandora's box... um... one of the venus fly trap remixes... uhh.....

Few? sis that album has SEVERAL bops... Title track, Penis Fly Trap which is for real one of her best bangerz ever 11/10 marina literally saved her CAREER after releasing that masterpiece, Pandora's Box, Hombre World, Flowers, ILYBILMM and Free Woman

Just now, Venus Fly Trap said:

Few? sis that album has SEVERAL bops... Title track, Penis Fly Trap which is for real one of her best bangerz ever 11/10 marina literally saved her CAREER after releasing that masterpiece, Pandora's Box, Hombre World, Flowers, ILYBILMM and Free Woman

being completely real if she spent more time refining and revising the lyrics it would be an excellent album... it's just that the lyrics of most of the songs are just really really really bad

like when someone can predict that she'll write about the depp v heard trial and have it probably be true says something about the quality of her lyrics :hillary:

the melodies & production are absolutely breathtakingly excellent though i'll give you that!

anyway sorry for bringing negativity here calm-and-shook.gif still perched for her next thing

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

8 minutes ago, the ocean said:

being completely real if she spent more time refining and revising the lyrics it would be an excellent album... it's just that the lyrics of most of the songs are just really really really bad

like when someone can predict that she'll write about the depp v heard trial and have it probably be true says something about the quality of her lyrics :hillary:

the melodies & production are absolutely breathtakingly excellent though i'll give you that!

anyway sorry for bringing negativity here calm-and-shook.gif still perched for her next thing

you didn't bring any negativity sis! your point is 100% valid as there are some.. interesting... lyrics on that album (just as i said) 

i love ptp but it truly is the song that deserved to be re-written and polished the most (for example), though I like to pretend is just a manifest of pure catharsis (in fact, I think "purge the poison" as a title is a metaphor for catharsis) 

59 minutes ago, Venus Fly Trap said:

and purge the poison, i love that song

Froot is still the best of Marina.

L+H was probably aimed at general public with radio friendly songs (not that it got any attention...):thumb3:

I want her to be experimental. Ancient dreams kind of went that route but instead of talking about stuff like pollution and earth or America, she should focus on writing about herself. Marina if you're reading this, leave social justice activism to Greta Thunberg

D.png

1 minute ago, Veinsineon said:

Tbh L+F > Ancient Streams

It's okay to be part of the minority sometimes