Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

On 11/17/2022 at 5:04 AM, the ocean said:

so uh hey

if anyone has a masterpost i'd really appreciate it :bebe:

thought i had the files saved but apparently i didn't

https://marinamasterpost.blogspot.com/2020/02/masterpost-love-fear-love-fear-acoustic.html?m=1

Most of these arent working but at least i got the EH instrumentals. 

All im currently needing are the Power & Control demos :defeated:

3 hours ago, lanaismamom said:

i have something to say and it  cant wait.... an appreciation post for If It's Worth It cuz it has none.... top 3 from love + fear sessions and yet it left behind it... such a masterpiece track

yes omg it's catchy and good

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

Love + Fear is such an interesting album to me because it simultaneously holds some of Marina's worst and best songs within 16 tracks. Honestly, the dichotomy of it is kind of impressive. It's hard to think of artists who would put songs like No More Suckers and Orange Trees on the same album as End of the Earth and Emotional Machine. L+F is the epitome of highs and lows. Also I will forever be a Too Afraid defender and apologist

imageproxy.jpg

On 11/22/2022 at 4:33 PM, Super Movie said:

Love + Fear is such an interesting album to me because it simultaneously holds some of Marina's worst and best songs within 16 tracks. Honestly, the dichotomy of it is kind of impressive. It's hard to think of artists who would put songs like No More Suckers and Orange Trees on the same album as End of the Earth and Emotional Machine. L+F is the epitome of highs and lows. Also I will forever be a Too Afraid defender and apologist

End of the Earth’s outro is better than most of L+F :true:

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

I see we’re giving praise to marinas work and id like to remind everyone yet again of the gem that’s valley of the dolls.. what a song :wowcry:

A CRIME! that it didn’t get a video… ABSOLUTELY CRIMINAL that it didn’t finish off the archetypes music video series with electras death who marina even said died from guess what?? SLEEPING PILLS!  it would have been a cinematic masterpiece and ICONIC ending to the electra heart era while also tying in one of its biggest inspirations for the EH and giving the housewife archetype what it deserves (teen idle im even more sorry for you in that aspect). we lost and ive KNOWN IT since the 8th of august 2013 when the final music video came out with a majority of clips from previous videos and there would be no more electra which meant no recognition for the teen idle archetype and ESPECIALLY the masterpiece of a song that’s valley of the dolls which is what I SHOULD have been watching a video for on that day to signify electras death and im STILL bitter almost ten years later :read:

and the worst part is there’s an itch of delusion in my brain that still hopes  marina digs that bitch up again and gives us that valley of the dolls video a decade later.. she won’t but there are just some lingering thoughts and dreams that i cant help 

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

yeah electra heart was a brilliant and flawed campaign simultaneously. I still don't understand how only one of the four main archetypes actually received a music video while the other main songs (Homewrecker, Teen Idle, BB) received crumbs. Obviously the budget constraints only allowed her to do so much but she really should've done more of those "home video" types of visuals like Su Barbie A for the other archetypes! 

giphy.gif

4 hours ago, Inferno Euphoria said:

She really gave videos to Lies, HTBAH, Electra Heart, EVOL and The State Of Dreaming instead of Bubblegum Bitch, Sex Yeah, Homewrecker, Teen Idle and Valley Of The Dolls :toofunny:

to be fair lies & state of dreaming definitely deserved videos BUT bubblegum bitch, sex yeah, homewrecker, teen idle & valley of the dolls should've also had videos instead of HTBAH, electra heart, EVOL & the archetypes interlude things

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

Although I'm not really a fan of Marina (more casual listener) I have to credit her with writing the one song that re-traumatizes me everytime I listen to it, Immortal. I just can't listen to it without crying and feeling awful because (tmi) I'm scared of dying and those lyrics are horrific:paris:

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

17 hours ago, BlueINK said:

Although I'm not really a fan of Marina (more casual listener) I have to credit her with writing the one song that re-traumatizes me everytime I listen to it, Immortal. I just can't listen to it without crying and feeling awful because (tmi) I'm scared of dying and those lyrics are horrific:paris:

Marina's lyricism distinguishes for hitting extremely hard when you relate to it :')

11 minutes ago, Pale Fire said:

As soon as she stopped doing her hair like Electra Heart style and dropped the heart on her cheek I knew miss girl was about to ruin her own career. But then Froot was a gigantic slay….. but then miss girl went and did it. :makeup: Love and flop, and ancient flops in a modern flop….. tragic 

ADIAML > Electra Heart 

3 minutes ago, Venus Fly Trap said:

ADIAML > Electra Heart 

You're absolutely entitled to your own opinion but… my lord :deadbanana:

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕