Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

I really think she just managed to fix her life to a comfortable stage where she really doesn't have much to say about herself anymore and decided to go for these political takes because "well the gays DID beg for Savage as a single but I couldn't make it so... let's give them 10x".

It's no surprise that most of the best material from Ancient Dreams came from her very singular perspective of life (and personal topics after break up) instead of trying to show some understanding-we're-human-connected. Sometimes it sounds like she's ashamed of being more "quirky" and "singular" and really just wants the most commom sense takes to lead the way.

Love+Fear is bland but there's enough material (including a lot of the outtakes) to fit a bopfest without cringing. She really should have picked a better concept and cover. Really not sure how There's Nothing Wrong With You and If It's Worth It didn't make the cut but True did. By the way: someone pls l*ak Beautiful World. 

I'm forever grateful for Electra Heart and I'm sure she put on a fight to make it happen. She already mentioned how the label despised the idea of "Bubblegum Bitch" as a single, and no surprise Sex Yeah, Valley Of The Dolls and others probably all fall in the same category of "not commercially viable". Lies, How To Be a Heartbreaker (ugh), Power & Control and Primadonna were great single choices (even if they didn't bother to actually send them to radio).

She really lost that "feminist energy" she had in SEX YEAH. The feminist energy she embodies now in Ancient Dreams is umm...

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

Why do you keep complaining about this and that? And y'all really think that once she comes back to Marina and the diamonds then suddenly her music is gonna change for the better? The truth is she adjusted her sound to her fanbase which now mostly consists of teenage girls and pop-lenient gays and doesn't really seem in expanding it further. FROOT was made mostly to please Electra Heart British haters. We can only see what's gonna happen now that she left Atlantic but I really doubt she goes Kate Bush route again. And if she actually goes rock the way she hinted she wanted I'd enjoy something in the style of If I Can't Have Love I Want Power.

original.gif

On 11/26/2022 at 4:59 PM, SalvaWHORE said:

She really lost that "feminist energy" she had in SEX YEAH. The feminist energy she embodies now in Ancient Dreams is umm...

Right! 

The “you really want me to write a feminist anthem?” line in cpmd always made me laugh because like, girl, you already DID! and you did it REALLY well

the vague political lyrics lately are just so.. try hard? i don’t know, it’s just like, write about something else, i beg 😭 Ptp and New America have got to be two of her worst songs ever 

Aside: the savages & valley of the dolls love in this thread currently is bringing me so much joy <3

6 hours ago, LunaeManifestum said:

I need a sad anthem from her in the veins of Teen Idle + Solitaire. She never fails to write and produce this kind of songs. Giver her a piano and Periodt its done

Thats literally half of Ancient Dreams :toofunny:

FUGjsXqWAAAhpYH?format=jpg&name=900x900

ik this thread is hating on ADIAML rn but Highly Emotional People is that bitch and one of her best songs :nails:

edit: if you try to say i’m wrong just put on your headphones and go to 2:16

Spoiler

when i heard that instrumental breakdown for the first time my brain exploded :sadcore4:

7 minutes ago, clementines said:

ik this thread is hating on ADIAML rn but Highly Emotional People is that bitch and one of her best songs :nails:

edit: if you try to say i’m wrong just put on your headphones and go to 2:16

Reveal hidden contents

when i heard that instrumental breakdown for the first time my brain exploded :sadcore4:

i agree it's definitely great :true:

i definitely think that ADIAML is her worst album by far but it's not a total turkey

we have venus fly trap, highly emotional people, the title track, purge the poison, pandora's box, etc.

the lyrics on the album are certainly clunky if not just downright awful at times, but the production is probably some of the best in her career and that DOES need to be acknowledged

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

Say what you want about ADIAML but you can't deny the excellence that is the title track :true:

imageproxy.jpg

1 hour ago, Super Movie said:

Say what you want about ADIAML but you can't deny the excellence that is the title track :true:

The demo is classic Marina but the album version is still really good. Like a polished version of a TFJ era song.

I liked the demo lyrics a bit better but hey

I think people are entitled to their opinions but the political discussion over her music is too much at times- some of you are analysing these songs far too much to enjoy them. 

the average listener is not equating marinas political views or networth to PtP

11 hours ago, evalionisameme said:

I think people are entitled to their opinions but the political discussion over her music is too much at times- some of you are analysing these songs far too much to enjoy them. 

Sure, but isnt that music for the diamonds fans too?

13 hours ago, evalionisameme said:

you’re right, but tbh i’m not even analyzing them like that, they’re just incredibly corny lyrics which make the songs really hard (for me) to listen to and enjoy 😭 

21 hours ago, Super Movie said:

also this is so real… i remember the moment she posted the snippet from the music vid so clearly.. best song on the album methinks!

i know it was a low budget video but it was so perfect for the song, like, that vibe is everything idk

13 hours ago, evalionisameme said:

not to mention this happens like every 3 months and it's the same argument every time 

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

16 hours ago, Party Favor said:

not to mention this happens like every 3 months and it's the same argument every time 

well we gotta keep this thread alive somehow since leaks are minimal and she hasn’t released anything in a while :toofunny:

My Top 3 of each record whitney.gif

Spoiler

Las Bolas

Oh No!

Mowgli's Road

Hermit the Frog

Elektra

Lies

Teen Idle

Fear and Loathing

FRUIT

FROOT