Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

Oh that's cool! Well I hope you get to go! I'm crossing my fingers for you. :)

Thanks! Although if my parents make me choose between Marina or waiting for Lana (which will be early 2013?), I would have to choose LDR.

2dt29zc.jpg

Me too. Lana does beat Marina for me. What kills me tho is that it's only like $25!!!! :aw:

I know!!! That's like . . . . I mean-- 25 dollars for a great concert!!!! That's not much money at all! Lana's will probably be like 50 or something, who knows.

2dt29zc.jpg

Lately I haven't listened to Marina much. I guess I got bored of her stuff. But I really loved the Stepford Wives and Valley of the Dolls references in Electra Heart. Two movies I dearly love. The Su-barbie-a video was excellent, took me straight back to the scene in Stepford Wives (the original not that atrocious remake) when Joanna stabs Bobbie with the kitchen knife and Bobbie shows the robotic side.

But yeah, I really love how cinematic some of Electra Heart was in terms of production, themes, and the music videos.

I LOVE HER!

She gets compared to Lana a lot, not sure what they have in common other than that they explore some similar American archetypes in their music but idk

Marina is more the fun, dancey one and the person I relate to lyrics-wise. Like all that teenage angst that's still left in me as a college student is exactly what I relate to in her songs. But Lana is more of an aspirational/inspirational figure to me. I can relate to her too but idk she has that added quality to her that puts her in another world, like someone who knows how to express everything I can't put into words

so basically

Lana is my mother but Marina is my bestest friend ;)

Ohh, a Marina thread. I thought Lana's fanbase generally hates Marina (and vice versa).

PS: Why is HTBAH release such a mess?

Marina's easy to drag by comparison. But I think most people round these parts like her.

Electra Heart was really great the first week, then it got really boring.

I really like the lyrics, but in my ears the entire album is based on the exact same beat and rhythm. So yeah, it gets kind of blah after a while.

1olt2g.jpg

As the new Marina Board is not expected to open before December 12, I am asking this in here...

Are there any Marina collectors among us? Because... I'd like to know if someone would be so kind to scan the back cover of the UK 1-track promo of "Primadonna" and "Power & Control" in high quality...

:love:

I just got home from her concert in Baltimore. Honestly... I don't want to use this word because I feel like it's lost some of it's meaning, but... she was FLAWLESS. She hit every note, she twirled/jumped/danced in her heels, she just showed how NATURAL it is for her to perform. She was honestly BEAUTIFUL. I had SUCH an amazing time. Marina and Lana were the best concerts of the year.