Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

4 hours ago, lanaismamom said:

https://krakenfiles.com/view/wFWvmbvMM9/file.html power & control Demo 4 

https://krakenfiles.com/view/jUFIq1fVIv/file.html scab and pluster final version (february 2012) almost the same as Demo 3

I MOVED...but then realised that ive had these for months :crai:

what if the cockroaches have psychedelic pussy?

18 hours ago, lilac heaven said:

it’s really sad because marina is such a good artist but nothing she’s released has done it for me in 8 years, besides Purge the Poison and Man’s World which are a fun listen sometimes. something unfortunate shifted when she dropped The Diamonds

If you haven’t already give the following tracks a listen, Froot, I’m a Ruin, Blue, Orange Trees, Baby, To be Human, Karma, ADIAML, Venus Fly Trap, I Love You But I Love Me More, and Happy Loner. Lots are different than her past sound, but you might like them. They’re very lyrical. Also, Froot still had the “and the diamonds.”

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

6 hours ago, Jaeden xx said:

also disappointing that Marinazine has been discontinued

istg there was a ptp marinazine somewhere in her house and it was in a video but was obviously never released

what if the cockroaches have psychedelic pussy?

ADIAML is not bad but not up there with FROOT or Electra Heart in my opinion… 

EH has some of her most Iconic and clever songs like:

1. How to Be A Heartbreaker

2. Primadonna

3. Starring Role

4. Living Dead

5. Teen Idle

6. Sex Yeah

7. Just Desserts (I count It here) 

FROOT overall is a better, more cohesive and mature album (kind of like a last record with lifelong lessons) and thats why I think she wont be able to top that for a while:

1. Im a Ruin (reminds me of ROL by Madonna) :trisha:

2. Savages

3. Better than That

4. Forget

5. FROOT

6. Immortal 

It really does pass the test of time with Its simple yet effective production 

I like her being political, but seems that has been her main focus this past 2 albums and I miss her views in more personal stuff like she did en EH (her lyrics have been not that good lately).

4 hours ago, Anonymcomenter said:

ADIAML is not bad but not up there with FROOT or Electra Heart in my opinion… 

EH has some of her most Iconic and clever songs like:

1. How to Be A Heartbreaker

2. Primadonna

3. Starring Role

4. Living Dead

5. Teen Idle

6. Sex Yeah

7. Just Desserts (I count It here) 

FROOT overall is a better, more cohesive and mature album (kind of like a last record with lifelong lessons) and thats why I think she wont be able to top that for a while:

1. Im a Ruin (reminds me of ROL by Madonna) :trisha:

2. Savages

3. Better than That

4. Forget

5. FROOT

6. Immortal 

It really does pass the test of time with Its simple yet effective production 

I like her being political, but seems that has been her main focus this past 2 albums and I miss her views in more personal stuff like she did en EH (her lyrics have been not that good lately).

My two favorite albums of hers are The Family Jewels and ADIAML. Froot and Electra Heart would be strong second choices (lol Love + Fear was okay overall). I totally get what you’re saying though. Sex Yeah is so underrated !

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

1 hour ago, honeymoonwhore said:

I listened to TFJ for the first time as a whole and damn that was crazy. Mowgli's road, girls, hermit the frog, the outsider and obsessions outsold, they're so introspective yet sarcastic, how did she do it ??

RIGHT… it’s crazy.. the kate bush in her really jumped out 

such a great debut album 

lowkey TFJ/EH/Froot were kind of the most perfect trilogy of albums 

All three felt so telling of three different stages of her life, both lyrically and sonically.

TFJ was that messy teenager trying to find her way, EH was this young woman trying to navigate love and real relationships, and Froot felt like a fully mature woman who knows exactly who she is and what she wants

And after that it’s like.. where do you go from there?? everything after that sorta feels like “well i’m a musician so i guess i’ll keep making music just to have something to do…”

I was thinking about this for a long time... I tried to like her recent projects, but the whole new Marina thing isn't really for me. I came to understand that I have no more interest in her. And for me, her discography is just mediocre at this point. It's only my opinion of course :xcry: