Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

Just now, cranekiss said:

i am going to technically agree with all of you and say the entire album should've never existed and marina should've just got her psychology degree and became a psychologist instead of ruining her legacy with L+F and the other one. i love her but its like her knowing more about the human mind made her lose hers and now she cannot make music anymore

WARNING I AM EXAGGERATING PLEASE DONT YELL AT ME IM :) 

original 2016-2018 tracks wouldnt have ruined her legacy...it's true :true:

what if the cockroaches have psychedelic pussy?

Just now, 132 said:

original 2016-2018 tracks wouldnt have ruined her legacy...it's true :true:

cause i'm a woman

demons + angels

there's nothing wrong with you

holiday

the art of letting go

water under the bridge

these songs would've saved L+F... the art of letting go would've been such a cute title track too...

L+F is one of those albums where the highs kind of make it worth it for me. I really love End of the Earth, Handmade Heaven, Emotional Machine, and Too Afraid and To Be Human are solid tracks as well. So I am glad we got the album at all. However, I honestly can't even remember the last time I listened to most of the songs on that album. It kind of came and went. I haven't listened to the outtakes from that album in a minute, but I do remember feeling like they could've replaced some of the album tracks and made an overall better body of work. ADIAML definitely stepped it up in terms of personal taste. I still consider the title track her second best title track

imageproxy.jpg

cause i'm a woman

demons + angels

holiday

the art of letting go

water under the bridge

these songs would've saved L+F... the art of letting go would've been such a cute title track too...

holiday

the art of letting go

cause i'm a woman

all scrapped i fear

1 minute ago, Super Movie said:

L+F is one of those albums where the highs kind of make it worth it for me. I really love End of the Earth, Handmade Heaven, Emotional Machine, and Too Afraid and To Be Human are solid tracks as well. So I am glad we got the album at all. However, I honestly can't even remember the last time I listened to most of the songs on that album. It kind of came and went. I haven't listened to the outtakes from that album in a minute, but I do remember feeling like they could've replaced some of the album tracks and made an overall better body of work. ADIAML definitely stepped it up in terms of personal taste. I still consider the title track her second best title track

She should've stayed with the original concept imo, it's so much better than what was released :lmao:

what do you fear

atlantic suing me

Spoiler

no bc i did actually get scared once lol, they started getting a hold of people posting LF leaks in like 2020/21 :godlaugh2:

i wish she’d still do covers like this 

i love her lyrical switches to suit herself better, changing the meaning of the song :wipe: 

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

2 hours ago, Escapism said:

i wish she’d still do covers like this 

i love her lyrical switches to suit herself better, changing the meaning of the song :wipe: 

i forgot about this… she really does slay a cover every now and then

like true colors? perfect

i wish more artists would just get in the studio and do a little cover and just post it to youtube or soundcloud or whatever just for fun

7 hours ago, Yosemite said:

Anyone got a masterpost for this hoe? Or at least a spreadsheet for every unrelease we have? 

Kinda in the mood to get back on her unreleased stuff 

i cant keep track of her tbh :crai:

and i made myself believe

other people wanted to hurt me 

i took my bitterness and made it sweet

i took a broken heart and made it beat :hair:

hating love + fear is just cliche'd at this point. sure it's nowhere near as excellent as her first three albums but it's got some cute moments

original.gif

On 1/21/2023 at 11:28 PM, vrtvie said:

and i made myself believe

other people wanted to hurt me 

i took my bitterness and made it sweet

i took a broken heart and made it beat :hair:

hating love + fear is just cliche'd at this point. sure it's nowhere near as excellent as her first three albums but it's got some cute moments

tbf  i think (and this is my opinion based from personal experiences) that to enjoy LF you need to be in a certain mindset? I think that LF is more mature lyrically and arguably sonically in the sense that the production is very polished and clean. And as I've grown and matured, I've found myself being able to appreciate some of the LF songs more and also find connection with them? Idk it might just be me but that's how I feel tbf

I've said this before but after swapping some released songs with some of its outtakes, L+F is enjoyable.

Try removing No More Suckers, Orange Trees, Baby, Enjoy Your Life (bop but naive af so no), Life Is Strange, and add Water Under the Bridge, Demons + Angels, There's Nothing Wrong with You, Please Don't Call Me, The Art of Letting Go... + swap some released x demos (Karma, You) and there's actually way much more consistency in it. I just wish she would've done it instead of us lol.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

On 1/23/2023 at 7:31 PM, Glitter Boy said:

I've said this before but after swapping some released songs with some of its outtakes, L+F is enjoyable.

See I agree, because there are some great tracks on the released album and some really great outtakes, but at that point.. it isn’t L+F anymore :toofunny: it’s just a fanmade album

and while a lot of those changes would make the album more bearable for me, I still feel like it lacks.. importance? a purpose? idk 

Whenever I hate on L+F I definitely only mean the version that was released, it had potential to be different and be enjoyable for me personally, however what was released just wasn’t.:crai: oh well, the past is the past

On 1/19/2023 at 3:42 AM, imenos said:

i agree 100%

Froot is truly a masterpiece of a production

I fucking hated Froot for so long. I wanted EH Pt 2. The only thing I liked was the title track (my god will I belt that shit with my off-key vibrato like nobody else; car alarms go off every time), but then one day like 2 years ago I was like "Ugh. Fine." and gave it another go, and just - Blue. Forget. Savages. They HIT. :wub:

https://i.imgur.com/bErPX2C.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/eg66WzZ.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/T4h12ME.png
🎶 Art decorates space, but music decorates time 🎶

15 minutes ago, AtomicMess said:

I fucking hated Froot for so long. I wanted EH Pt 2. The only thing I liked was the title track (my god will I belt that shit with my off-key vibrato like nobody else; car alarms go off every time), but then one day like 2 years ago I was like "Ugh. Fine." and gave it another go, and just - Blue. Forget. Savages. They HIT. :wub:

I’m a Ruin hits so much too  :krylie: I also didn’t like Froot very much besides the title track but after giving it another listen I was like WOW I MISSED OUT 

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

On 1/19/2023 at 9:54 PM, TrashMagiq said:

Songs like Purge the Poison and New America have some of the most out of touch surface level activism type lyrics I’ve ever heard. 

That's my problem with ADIAML - the politicism feels very "14 year old edgy girl on Tumblr in 2012 thinks she just uncovered grand conspiracies about women and the world that 7 billion other people have *NEVER* ever noticed, and is so ANGRY about it that something *NEEDS* to be said, as if Betty Friedan didn't already write 'The Feminine Mystique" 50+ years earlier". It just gave me a lot of "gen Z discovers politics for the first time and is SHOOK", which shocks me because it's Marina, we *know* she ain't a brand new teenager who's like "omg...ppl sexualize women?????? DAE think its creepy???"

It feels lyrically reductive for her. I'm so used to a blending of sarcasm and intellectualism and personal experience and emotion that gives me something very high brow and nuanced, but still somehow light and pop; ADIAML's politics served me some weird valley-girl idpol twitter algorithm buzzword salad instead.

Venus Flytrap was cute, title track was a vibe, and "I Love you But I love Me More" was a star, but the tracks that were supposed to be more feminist, more political - paper mache, babes. Honestly, that artist Jax with the Victoria's Secret song did "It's a man's world and the fact that our waistlines and tits are being sold to us, by THEM, is just so stupid" better. (And I, personally, still cringe a bit at that song, but it's also not for me, so.)

The (political) songs Marina gave open the album just feel immature in their stances, and just so very very green. It was just a jarring step backward

Edit - Nah, I'm not done. Like, I think of Sheryl Crow and her fucking "goodbye Trump" song she did; and you know, vibe, camp, celebrate the emotions in the moment, wig, but it's not going to age well, because it's a specific moment, about a specific moment, and outside of that moment, it's got no staying power. That's kind of what ADIMAL did with the politics. I think it picked up on a vibe that several people were feeling at the moment of writing and production, but it didn't turn that into a message that could stand the test of time and be templated to stand in for/with other situations going forward - it just feels very...topical and on the nose, for that exact moment at release. That's the best I can explain it??

https://i.imgur.com/bErPX2C.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/eg66WzZ.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/T4h12ME.png
🎶 Art decorates space, but music decorates time 🎶

10 hours ago, AtomicMess said:

Edit - Nah, I'm not done. Like, I think of Sheryl Crow and her fucking "goodbye Trump" song she did; and you know, vibe, camp, celebrate the emotions in the moment, wig, but it's not going to age well, because it's a specific moment, about a specific moment, and outside of that moment, it's got no staying power. That's kind of what ADIMAL did with the politics. I think it picked up on a vibe that several people were feeling at the moment of writing and production, but it didn't turn that into a message that could stand the test of time and be templated to stand in for/with other situations going forward - it just feels very...topical and on the nose, for that exact moment at release. That's the best I can explain it??

I mean yeah; Purge the Poison is on-the-nose to a detriment. It's something that only could've been written in 2020 while we were at the intersection of #FreeBritney/post-#MeToo/COVID-19/California wildfires, and at some point it's going to lose all sense. Meanwhile a song like Savages is also shamelessly political, but it's also something that would have made sense in the 70s (besides the phone lyric ig), made sense when it came out, and will make sense decades from now.

12 hours ago, Tana Mongeau said:

eating pure vagina